What are the symptoms of a faulty FUEL PUMP?

Inventor ®

Sep 22, 2004
Hi everyone....does anyone of you had encountered with a faulty fuel pump or a "going to be faulty fuel pump"??

Care to share what are the symptoms? Or how will I know whether there is something wrong with it?

Can a MIVEC 1.6 or 1.8 use back the Ori or OEM Satria 1.3 fuel pump? Anyone tried?

Thanks in advance.

minivan

Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
ur car will start jerking as fuel supply is inconsistent. u can check the fuel pressure.

to check if kong or not, go to under the rear seats, when ignition on there should be a slow huummm sound... from the fuel pump...

check also the fuel pump relay, if fuse out, also another potential cause... careful on this... sometime small fuse issue only, but workshop say fuel pump kong, and "u kena" a few hundred...

Inventor ®

Sep 22, 2004
Thanks bro...good and detail explanation you got thr. However, I would be grateful if you could advise me where will the fuel pump relay be?? Would be careful as you've said, to check the fuse before I consider to replace the fuel pump....my car is jerking like a motor boat during low rpms and during low speed gear shifting. No problems during high revving though...

minivan said:
ur car will start jerking as fuel supply is inconsistent. u can check the fuel pressure.

to check if kong or not, go to under the rear seats, when ignition on there should be a slow huummm sound... from the fuel pump...

check also the fuel pump relay, if fuse out, also another potential cause... careful on this... sometime small fuse issue only, but workshop say fuel pump kong, and "u kena" a few hundred...

when u start ur engine...sudenly ur engine wil shut off...then u hv to restart it Again.....

if become more serious...quite hard to start...even can start..u can feel the engine is shaking......

if u stil din check...ur engine wil juz crank only when u start but wont able to start the engine...

if wanna make sure is fuel pump kong or not....pull out one fuel hose tat conect to engine n turn On ur key (dun start)...see got petrol comes out or not....

hope my litle tips helps

zan

Feb 20, 2005
if jerking is ur problem, may not be fuel pump at all.

check 1stly...spark plug and plug cable for improper current supply.
2ndly, check fuel filter and fuel injector for improper fuel supply. if clogged also can cause jerking.

3rdly, check laa fuel pump and relay.

Inventor ® said:
Hi everyone....does anyone of you had encountered with a faulty fuel pump or a "going to be faulty fuel pump"??

Care to share what are the symptoms? Or how will I know whether there is something wrong with it?

Can a MIVEC 1.6 or 1.8 use back the Ori or OEM Satria 1.3 fuel pump? Anyone tried?

Thanks in advance.
mivec 1.6 or 1.8 cannot use satria 1.3 fuel pump...not sufficient fuel supply la...pump not strong enuf

use gsr or higher cc car models fuel pump beter la....upgrade beter than downgrade :)

Inventor ®

Sep 22, 2004
Bro, thanks for your tips. My car still can start and it's not difficult to start too. I thk my pump still works but there are symptoms as minivan said....my car had been transformed to a motor boat now (jerking). Maybe fuel pump on the way going to kong...

huakenny said:
when u start ur engine...sudenly ur engine wil shut off...then u hv to restart it Again.....

if become more serious...quite hard to start...even can start..u can feel the engine is shaking......

if u stil din check...ur engine wil juz crank only when u start but wont able to start the engine...

if wanna make sure is fuel pump kong or not....pull out one fuel hose tat conect to engine n turn On ur key (dun start)...see got petrol comes out or not....

hope my litle tips helps

Inventor ®

Sep 22, 2004
zan, 1st and 2nd checked and some replaced. Motor boat effect still thr....in fact getting serious and serious...

zan said:
if jerking is ur problem, may not be fuel pump at all.

check 1stly...spark plug and plug cable for improper current supply.
2ndly, check fuel filter and fuel injector for improper fuel supply. if clogged also can cause jerking.

3rdly, check laa fuel pump and relay.

zan

Feb 20, 2005
Inventor ® said:
zan, 1st and 2nd checked and some replaced. Motor boat effect still thr....in fact getting serious and serious...
ic, ic. then it must be the fuel pump. is problem persists after changing the pump, change the car...

p/s juz kidding. :D

bullet_7037

Jun 27, 2005
shah alam
guys....my wira 1.5 gl...sometime die when changin gear or when i floor a clutch while driving. why arrr.....especially when weather is hot?..already changed fuel filter n service injection head. izzit sum kind of fuel pump symptoms?

zan

Feb 20, 2005
why dont we start an EX5 club? i will be the first ten to enrol.... ekekekkekeke...

my 4 years experience with EX-5 (1991-1995)..never faced such problem except tayar pancit only..:D

minivan

Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
zan said:
why dont we start an EX5 club? i will be the first ten to enrol.... ekekekkekeke...

my 4 years experience with EX-5 (1991-1995)..never faced such problem except tayar pancit only..:D
ex5 power ooo... my experience.... banjir in middle of KL, hundreds of bikes "tenggelam".... after the flash floor, the only bike that can start is the ex5.... no bull!! observed it with my 2 eyes... :biggrin:

Does anyone here knows where can i get this few brands of engine oil in Ipoh?
Any shops in Ipoh selling this..?

1. Liqui Moly MOS2 Leichtlauf 10w-40
2. Eneos Motor Oil Racing GT 10w-40 SN/CF
3. Petro Canada Supreme 10w-40 API SN
4. Mitsubishi Motors 10w-40

View attachment 513907 View attachment 513908 View attachment 513909 View attachment 513912

And also where can i get this few brands of auto...