Myvi with 4 pot brembo disc brake

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
facelift said:
Noob questions here. What exactly is 4 pots and cross drilled? Whats the point of having the brembo disc brake for myvi? Isn't the ABS is enaugh for stopping w/o skid.

Owh, anyone tested myvi top speed? I think 180 maybe can cause I tested Kembara at 170 b4, so myvi = lighter car sure can......right?
nice brakes on myvi. i think there shudnt be a problem with brake skidding as the owner had installed huge wheels. u know..big = heavy = higher inertia/momentum

in my knowledge 4 pot refers to the number of pistons in a caliper. if u view a caliper from one side it looks like having single piston but normally it has an opposite reaction piston on the other side. slow cars use such design. sufficient for auntie kind of driving. for most of us here..i reckon 4 pots caliper.

cross drilled brakes refer to the rotors @ the disc itself. normally rear discs are made solid. but front ones work harder and generate more heat thus they need to be cooled better. one way is to create self ventilation. the disc is made thicker to house fins in between. when brake temperature is controlled, fade is sumthing we shudnt worry about.

cross drilled brakes are so called as they are drilled from side to side in a pattern like one line from the outer egde to the inner. function? lighter discs, maintained operating temperature and cleaner from brake dust.

the last in my knowledge is slotted discs...it has grooves within the rotor surface.

the target is all same - optimum braking power and less fade.

facelift

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
zan said:
nice brakes on myvi. i think there shudnt be a problem with brake skidding as the owner had installed huge wheels. u know..big = heavy = higher inertia/momentum

in my knowledge 4 pot refers to the number of pistons in a caliper. if u view a caliper from one side it looks like having single piston but normally it has an opposite reaction piston on the other side. slow cars use such design. sufficient for auntie kind of driving. for most of us here..i reckon 4 pots caliper.

cross drilled brakes refer to the rotors @ the disc itself. normally rear discs are made solid. but front ones work harder and generate more heat thus they need to be cooled better. one way is to create self ventilation. the disc is made thicker to house fins in between. when brake temperature is controlled, fade is sumthing we shudnt worry about.

cross drilled brakes are so called as they are drilled from side to side in a pattern like one line from the outer egde to the inner. function? lighter discs, maintained operating temperature and cleaner from brake dust.

the last in my knowledge is slotted discs...it has grooves within the rotor surface.

the target is all same - optimum braking power and less fade.
Thanks for the info. :D cheers

HKS[TRB-02]Evolution

500 RPM
Jun 16, 2005
Damansara
lan evo said:
yeah.it looks like nissan 4 pot
shouldnt be the nissan bro ...if this is from the Nissan,it needs really lots of modification before you can really instal it into the MyVI... coz MyVi shares the same system with Toyota ... as i know ... you can change it both front 4pot and rear 2 pot from the toyota ... i'll show my freinds car pic to you all the next week ... it is twin exhaust and looks slightly deffrent from the normal MyVI ... =) Cheers anyway the pic attached silver colour MyVi was a nice 1 as well ... keep up the good work man !!

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
Too strong of a braking force might cause car to topple

Won't the braking power be too strong for a car that got small horsepower? Isn't that overkill? Maybe the owner got too much money...hahaha

Anyway.. don't laught but I knew a guy whose Proton Sage overturned in front of Metropolitan colleage many years ago because his front brakes were so damn powerful. His Proton Saga was gold in color with VR4 engine inside. According to my friends who knew him, they said he jam emergency brake and the tail of the car went up and over and topple in front. Lucky his car had a roll cage or else he would have broke his neck.

na_power

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2004
dont worry.. that saga use VR4.. this my only use small hp car.. got no power to overturn... i afraid just the airbag come out... hahaha

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
This guy is putting himself in danger. Too bias to the front on brake power will make the car understeer alot and this is not good. It will be worst during raining.

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Comfirm it is Sumitomo brake based on the caliper outlook
either can be nissan 4 pot ot TRD based sumitomo
but a look make it more to 32 series 4 pot.

all nissan toyota .. big brake.. as long you do bracket all is plug and play lo

likwei

Jul 11, 2005
kl
how much dude?
if i bought it,how much for the installation charge??
suit to be rear brake?
sorry,i'm newbie :P

SiGNAL

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Ya Mum's House
Visit site
The rotors look abit small for a brembo caliper... definitely overkill for the brakes, he should consider making a brake bias controller or swap his brake distribution valve to balance the strong braking...

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
ModMaestro said:
turtle turn? what's that? probably not if it is what I think.

But cars with rear drum brakes converted to disc brakes are prone to get the whole rear end torn off from the braking force.
watch too much cartoon ah u? heh heh heh.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
How about we rate the possibilities of this car locking its wheels and then crashing into the most convenient obstacle?

wish9

Known Member
May 13, 2005
Nevada
how much does it cost to instalation?
n
i m wondering how much does the brake pad cost?
average 50,000 kms need to change?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi. I'm posting on behalf of my friend. His car mentioned above has been stolen at Simpang Ampat, Penang. His car is White in colour and has a black spoiler with White rims. Please call 0164235381 if you spotted his car. Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience