WALD no more

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
gary said:
just confirmed over the weekend in thestar. 37 "wald" cars have been detained at customs. Reason? the cars have all been imported into the country and declared at RM11,000 each. I wonder how much tax one pays for a CBU car costing only RM11,000.. hmm?
True. Plus the buyer is paying tax for a 100k+ car. Where is the undeclared "tax" going to? Looks like the WALD dealers have been secretly "taxing" consumers instead. This can be considered stealing from the govt. As much as I don't fully agree with how the govt invests taxpayer money, I still prefer that than giving it to an outright conman.

John_Smith

Known Member
Mar 14, 2005
USJ
Visit site
Judging by the direction of our auto industry,

I fear that one day, we average joe cannot afford decent (ABS, Air bags, reliable power window) cars at RM 60k.

I fear tat one day, the only choice of a mid-size saloon car at RM 60k would be Proton Waja, and China made cars.

:thumpdown

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
John_Smith said:
Judging by the direction of our auto industry,

I fear that one day, we average joe cannot afford decent (ABS, Air bags, reliable power window) cars at RM 60k.

I fear tat one day, the only choice of a mid-size saloon car at RM 60k would be Proton Waja, and China made cars.

:thumpdown
Don't worry so much about yourself. Worry that your grandchildren might have to take loan just to buy bus ticket...

BabyGodzillaGTi-R

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Sigh.... no more nice cars..... I'm led to believe if it's not for our national car we would be the Detroit of South East Asia instead of Thailand looking at our superior infrastructure and the ability to speak English in this region......

As for the Golf with DSG... i'm happy that the pedal is mounted to the steering wheel.... Hehe then i can play Michael Schumacher... Keke.

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
BabyGodzillaGTi-R said:
I'm led to believe if it's not for our national car we would be the Detroit of South East Asia

Oh heck yeah man. That would be like awesome.

boggysv

2,000 RPM
Sep 7, 2004
BabyGodzillaGTi-R said:
I'm led to believe if it's not for our national car we would be the Detroit of South East Asia instead of Thailand looking at our superior infrastructure and the ability to speak English in this region......
Your dream shattered the moment the first saga rolled outof the production line, didnt it?

BabyGodzillaGTi-R

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Started out as a dream and progressing into a nightmare.

boggysv

2,000 RPM
Sep 7, 2004
BabyGodzillaGTi-R said:
Started out as a dream and progressing into a nightmare.
And you know you wont wake up unless there is some radical political changes in this country. Damm shame:frown:

John_Smith

Known Member
Mar 14, 2005
USJ
Visit site
boggysv said:
And you know you wont wake up unless there is some radical political changes in this country. Damm shame:frown:
And must remove that one man's ego to become Detroit of the East!
:(

moruh

Known Member
Jun 15, 2004
shit!, book golf gti last two weeks.. cancel it coz this issue and after sale service...but now, they still give an excuse from giving me back my booking fees... they told me that i still can have golf gti but have to wait.. wait for one month and hav to paid more.. coz off duty taxs.. after raya.. for wat?

check the AT website www.waldmy.com ( 85% complete - will update )

niway, Gotf gti is the best car compare to dc2, evo7... great interior, practical, more mature, can feel this car got an X-factor compare to dc5 and other jap car... well...u know continental car... its all bout quality+practicallity.

theres lot of case happen beside wald tuning issue but its confidential, i might go to ISA if i telling u guys... all i can tell u that the price for Wald car will going up next 2-3 month.. weird kan? :P

eujin

1,000 RPM
Jul 10, 2005
wajaland
goverment cant face competition on their on ground....proton sales drop....everything will be a threat to them...so..ban this ban tht...wald making pretty nice cars but alittle costly

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
amazing tempo declare super low price at kastam. what do you think?
Goverment is losing real tax money.
11K for WV Golf GTI.

gary

Known Member
May 9, 2005
subang
eujin said:
goverment cant face competition on their on ground....proton sales drop....everything will be a threat to them...so..ban this ban tht...wald making pretty nice cars but alittle costly
this is the same thing that i have already posted up, i guess some people just dont read.

you guys cant seem to understand the real issues at hand.

this has got nothing with proton or proton sales dropping, or the govt mis-spending tax money..etc.etc. An imported, over RM200,000 car is not exactly competing with a RM60,000 waja.

for a start, wald doesnt "make" cars, or tune cars. The company Wald, from japan, only manufactures body kits, rims, and exhaust tips and maybe some mufflers. They are a pure styling house, no performance parts at all = not a tuner. Do some research on the company.

secondly, wald, or amazing tempo is in trouble because they are accused of evading tax on the wald cars. They declare the cars at RM11,000, pay the tax based on that, and sell the cars as though they paid the full tax. Where do you think all the extra profit goes? to the owners of amazing tempo of course. If all this is confirmed true, they are cheating the govt on taxes. You, me, and everyone here who are paying taxes should be outraged. But it seems like there are many people who actually "support" them. this is very disturbing to me.

Without amazing tempo, we still have the same choices of cars on the market. Any car importer with an AP can import in a volkswagen golf gti. As long as they declare the car at the correct market price, pay the duties, they should be fine.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Nissan latest compact release? This has not been official yet but these pics are circulating around the world of email and just post here to share with you.

Need someone to translate into English please...:_:

The rear look merely like Hyundai Atos...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience