Differences btw DC2 and DC2 Type R

4agze

2,000 RPM
Jan 25, 2004
KL
Visit site
as topic,

but DC2 is the one with 2 small rounded headlight? and Type R is the one long piece headlight??

how to differentiate those converted and non converted?

thank you very much

DC VTEC

Known Member
May 9, 2005
KL/PJ
we cannot compare b18c/b18cr by just looking exterior. but the original type r is using long headlamp.

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Oderf said:
i think there's also type R with 2 small round headlights...non-JDM one....
yes, they do have it in japan too but in smaller no. as compare with the rectangular lights. most round lights r export model to US & europe.

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site
yeap..both type come with Type R's....different is most 4 eyes is USDM...aka Acura instead of Honda...but dun get me wrong...Honda also got 4 eyes...different between B18C and B18CR?the internals for the type r is totally uprated compared to the GSR(B18C)...B18C got two butterflies if im not mistaken....different intake manifold design...

b18c5

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2004
wah u want to see the diff between dc2 and dc2r ar??.....got damn alot of difference......the list is damn long got so much diff from:

exterior
interior
engine
chasis
suspension
weight
etc. etc.

and everything can be converted to a dc2 from a dc2R

but the way to see is..... the chasis tag la of course.....but u also can look at the rear end, the lower bar(dont knoe whats its really called la)... an ori dc2R, you can its just there factory installed....but if u convert u can never get back the same welding(so nice) as a factory weld.......malaysia technology not there yet hehe(if got also too damn expensive)

4agze

2,000 RPM
Jan 25, 2004
KL
Visit site
wahh... thanks hondarian kaki very much for the information and your kindness.

so basically they have Type R for JDM and non-JDM... which is one piece and round headlight. chasis tag got "Type-R" one ahh? b18c5, is that something like, em... lower arm bar? but i agreed that it is very hard to tell from exterior now.

New Zealand i selling the Type-R for only NZ18,500.00
i wonder England or US is how much? should be cheaper i hope... :D

samco

Jul 27, 2004
auckland
Visit site
b18c5 said:
but the way to see is..... the chasis tag la of course.....but u also can look at the rear end, the lower bar(dont knoe whats its really called la)... an ori dc2R, you can its just there factory installed....but if u convert u can never get back the same welding(so nice) as a factory weld.......malaysia technology not there yet hehe(if got also too damn expensive)
the rear end of the 98spec dc2r has the extra rear lip moulded onto the rear bumper
but the 96 and 97spec doesnt have it.

if u want to tell whether type r or not just look at the wheel lo.. XD

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Volvo Car Malaysia and Federal Auto Holdings Berhad have officiated its new showroom in Menara MBMR to replace their iconic Volvo showroom located along Federal Highway. The companies are also using the new showroom as a platform to introduce its new Volvo Retail Experience (VRE).

Volvo Retail Experience - What is it about?

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience