Cheap Honda anyone??

fantabulo

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
Old Klang Road
zero4 said:
take note: there are female ek drivers out there, with b16as and b20bs that can drive better than us

BE AFRAIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Whooaaa.. Wanna pee in my pants already!!

We must make them join the dark side... Be one with the force! Get their cute lil asses here to the ZTH Honda forum!

cad843

Known Member
Mar 23, 2005
Oita Ken
fantabulo said:
Just goes to show how one man's rubbish is another man's treasure... We Malaysians go to Japan and dig their garbage dump for their unwanted cars and halfcuts, ship them here, and magically they become GOLD worth thousands...

By the way, my cousin in Australia just told me that a brand new Mini One costs only about AUS20k+... Damn the government for squeezing us everytime we buy a car... Our car tax is among the highest in the world...

But what to do... Must protect our beloved Proton ma... Even then... if i'm not mistaken, Malaysian cars are taxed 20%... In Japan, i've been told that most cars are taxed only 4%...

Just an opinion who live in Jap, actually not all scrap car is a rubbish or garbage. Here actually u must spend a lots of money to own car but in differ way. Yes, car here very cheap if compare to Msia, I bought EK3 for about RM3500, Odyssey RA6 - RM35000 and Mira L200 - RM1000. New car parts & accessory here is expensive, but when it comes to 2nd hand things the price reduce a lot. Example, new Ody RM80K but 2nd maybe RM30K.

No road tax here but u must send ur car to check every year, just like Puspakom and its cost a lot bcoz usually workshop will service and make sure ur car will pass the inspection, for Mira around RM1K. Here, labour cost very expensive, in some situation maybe 3X parts price. If car accident, its better to sold and buy new one compare to repair coz insurans usually cover if u are right. So, the car that consider a little bit major accident usually sent to scrap, but to del ur name from "geran" u must pay also, around RM1K. Insurans also very expensive and must buy 2 type of insurans. One for the Inspection and 1 more to cover for accident.

Every year also they have City tax, for Ody RM2K and u also have to pay for parking. Like me, 1 lot parking for 1 car = RM80 per month even park at apartment area that i rent. So usually people will sold their car before sent for that inspection or pay city tax and buy again other car after that. Car that no one want to buy also usually sent for scrap. Accident rate also very low compare to Msia coz speed limit 50km/h in town and 80km/h in highway. Car with high mileage also sent for scrap usually over 140K even the car still can be drive in perfect condition.

SiGNAL

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Ya Mum's House
Visit site
Although the government tax 300% but some of the money is use to fund the petrol price... so there's tradeoffs, cars here in aus is cheap but petrol is rising now.... it's AUD$1.26 and keep going up... imagine if government didn't support fuel in msia, i think everyone buy bicycle already....

zamans98

Known Member
Mar 7, 2004
cad843 said:
Just an opinion who live in Jap, actually not all scrap car is a rubbish or garbage. Here actually u must spend a lots of money to own car but in differ way. Yes, car here very cheap if compare to Msia, I bought EK3 for about RM3500, Odyssey RA6 - RM35000 and Mira L200 - RM1000. New car parts & accessory here is expensive, but when it comes to 2nd hand things the price reduce a lot. Example, new Ody RM80K but 2nd maybe RM30K.

No road tax here but u must send ur car to check every year, just like Puspakom and its cost a lot bcoz usually workshop will service and make sure ur car will pass the inspection, for Mira around RM1K. Here, labour cost very expensive, in some situation maybe 3X parts price. If car accident, its better to sold and buy new one compare to repair coz insurans usually cover if u are right. So, the car that consider a little bit major accident usually sent to scrap, but to del ur name from "geran" u must pay also, around RM1K. Insurans also very expensive and must buy 2 type of insurans. One for the Inspection and 1 more to cover for accident.

Every year also they have City tax, for Ody RM2K and u also have to pay for parking. Like me, 1 lot parking for 1 car = RM80 per month even park at apartment area that i rent. So usually people will sold their car before sent for that inspection or pay city tax and buy again other car after that. Car that no one want to buy also usually sent for scrap. Accident rate also very low compare to Msia coz speed limit 50km/h in town and 80km/h in highway. Car with high mileage also sent for scrap usually over 140K even the car still can be drive in perfect condition.
Hahahahah. fren don't get me started.

Please do not lie bout the JAPANESE culture.

For those who's following me, listen :
ONLY expensive thing is right in the main MEGAPOLIS like TOKYO. Others are pretty cheap.

Yes, i admit many payment and charges are expensive but WORTH the pay.

Imagine a lousy job (for malaysian standard) => kerja kilang , damn they earned (In RM) for about RM9800.00
NINE THOUSAND EIGHT HUNDRED RM!

Now start talking. Why the car after 4-5 years consider "scrap" metal? because of Japanese govt policy : old car - not safe in term of drivebility, maintainence and exhaust smoke (mainly true for big cities)
Not everything is expensive... if you stay in the right place.

P/s : The workshop are d@mn clean compare to mesia workshop (what more to say backyard workshop)

Compare those with malaysia.

Reference made here (i'm not talking c@ck or baseless --- read here)
http://web-japan.org/factsheet/index.html
http://www.japan-guide.com/

fantabulo

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
Old Klang Road
Thanks everybody for your invaluable information and opinion. It has been very educational for me... Cad843, i didn't literally mean that we go to their rubbish dumps... Of course i knew that they buy these halfcuts as scrap metal... Anyone out there knows how much our importers buy halfcuts in Japan for? I saw my halfcut customs form... It was declared for only RM290... And we buy these halfcuts in malaysia for thousands. I know that they're probably under-declaring, but i'm not surprised tat they buy these halfcuts for less than 1k, considering that they are sold as scrap metal...

Basically, in Japan where the standard of living is so much higher, and they have minimum wage laws, in general the people can afford nicer and better cars. I understand that labour costs are high.. thats why most people there do their own service, repairs and mods... Which is good, so that we won't have to rely totally on our foremen to "pimp our rides" hehe...

SiGNAL, i admire your patriotism and your support to our government. But even you have to admit that there's always room for improvement... In Brunei, the fuel price is only around RM1.20... As an oil-producing nation, i believe that Malaysia can afford to subside fuel prices even without car tax... Petronas is posting sky high profits. Our government need to spend money more wisely and stop burdening the rakyat. The RM1billion they save from raising fuel prices will cost the rakyat much more than RM1billion because of inflation...

cad843

Known Member
Mar 23, 2005
Oita Ken
Zamans98 ... Yes true, differ place in Jap differ cost of living. But my opinion from my fren who run a scrap car here in my place. They send over 3 workers fr msia for this job. The info I get from them who deal straight with Japanese. Used car also have 2 type if I not mistaken. I changed my timing belt ... they charged me for 20 man .. imagine if we convert to RM!!

Do u know how much Jap custom charge tax for all this thing? Also must have insurans ... and also the "kontena" rental ... when it arrive at port klang ... do u know how much to pay for custom clearing? Now ... car battery is also not allowed to bring back ... do u know bout the "Recycle Law" ??

If u 1 of the ex-student who live in Tokyo ... u must very familiar with Mr. Zulfiqar Zarga (Pakintans) who runs car trader business. Ask him bout the culture? He`s among the "org lama" in car business in Jap.

http://search1.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/search?sb=desc,cat&desc=h2&cat=2084007642&auccat=2084007642&acc=jp&f=0x12&alocale=0jp&mode=1http://search1.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/search?sb=desc,cat&desc=h2&cat=26360&auccat=26360&acc=jp&f=0x12&alocale=0jp&mode=1
sb=desc,cat&desc=h3&cat=2084007645&auccat=2084007645&acc=jp&f=0x12&alocale=0jp&mode=1
I wonder why this old car still can be trade and drive even over 15 yrs old ... btw I live very far away fr Tokyo, somewhere in Kyushu

fantabulo, they declare very cheap coz a reason .. think carefully .. but not that cheap i tell u

Last edited:

cad843

Known Member
Mar 23, 2005
Oita Ken
Zamans, the things is ... dont just simply make a judge from the website. Okla, refer back to the website that u give http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2022.html Now let we calculate all the expenses to own a car in Jpnin 1 yr. Do u know how much currency rate between Yen and RM? Let me show u.

Buy 1 car ... average 700,000.00 Yen

Shaken 200,000 for 2 yrs = 100,000 1 yr 100,000.00 Yen
Weight tax (typically 8,000 to 50K) but assume only 30K 30,000.00 Yen
Mandatory Insurans (for inspection) 30,000.00 Yen
Accident Insurans 10K per mths X 12 120,000.00 Yen
City tax 50,000.00 Yen
Parking 3k per mths 36,000.00 Yen
Service & maintenance assume every 4 mths
8000K per service (assume no damage or
chg parts) 24,000.00 Yen
-------------------------
Total 1,090,000.00 Yen - buy price 700,000.00 = 390,000.00

Convert 390,000 to RM (average 100 yen=RM3.30) RM12,870.00 per year
Petrol now 148 yen/l = RM4.88/l

Did u spend this much money for 1 car in Msia? Usually ppl intend to chg car after 5 yrs in Msia. So RM12,870 X 5 yrs = RM64,350.00. If u buy new car around 700,000.00 yen but tax and everything is 390,000.00 yen .. half of the price already. I bought EK only 100,000.00 yen . Judge it urself la ........

Last edited:

zamans98

Known Member
Mar 7, 2004
cad843,

do not need to show your anger out here.

what fantabulo has explained is true as well.

Correct, the ownership cost a bomb but you STILL forget that thier EARNING is very good.

An Executive in Malaysia earned RM2,000 a month wherebout Japanese counter part earns RM18,000 a month.

So, before you jump into the long list of calculation, do that kind of math your self.

And yea, what ever Mr. Zulfiqar said are not really true indeed. You think he want to TELL you ... hey, look at my bank account, see how much i earned...."

Ppl also can cheat and forget bout the culture, nothing shocking to me either. since when you be so FANATIC bout Japan(ese)?

Now back to the original thread, what i try to tell you ppl here is the kedai potong buy those AUCTIONED car and declared it cheap over here.

If you want another long thread WAR on Japan vs Malaysia, please go to KOPITIAM and start another thread. I'll answer you there.

You sound really like malaysian MP... " hey, look the PETROL price in Malaysia is one of the cheapest in the WORLD"
We need to increase again.... (inclusive DR.M)

BUT how bout our salary in USD term?

Enough said, open another thread and see what others say bout it...

chalo ....

Agl

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Outerspace
Visit site
Advice needed pls...

Hello all,

Tumpang tanya ya.....Just want to find out, what is the market price for a used Honda Civic hatchback 2 doors, year 95 (local spec last batch), with B16A manual?

Planning to get one but all prices quoted is way too expensive for a 10 year old car. (in the region of 45-50k).

Thanks.

cad843

Known Member
Mar 23, 2005
Oita Ken
Dear Zamans,

I`m not show any anger, not a WAR or a fanatic, just giving a true fact. Ok, now back to the topic. I`m giving u an example which I refer to my fren who runs "kedai potong". A lots of other expenses that maybe ur guys dont calculate. U all just count the car price only .. is it enuff ? How bout these expenses :

Flight ticket X 3 person + Travelling expenses + Working Visa
Rental a yard to scrap car ( fren yard = RM12000 per mths)
Machinery and equipment (forklift, lorry, tools and etc)
Cost of living (food and etc) usually around RM6K per person for a mths
House rental (true fact) RM1500 - RM2K per mths per house & maybe more
Buying scrap car + 5% tax for every items
"Kontena" around RM8K + Insurans + tax (Custom tax)

And maybe more that I already missed out, expenses at Port Klang .. maybe some of u knows ... So I think the price that my fren sold in Msia ... to me "harga patut" but dunno know bout others. My fren export some of the parts to other country also. If u wanna to survey the price , I can give u the shop location. PM me for more info. Btw I just a new member here ... not the "sifu".. hope to share as much I can .. sorry bout the any inconvinience things arise ... Cheers .........

Last edited:

fantabulo

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
Old Klang Road
Wow... Everyone so passionate about their views and opinions... Ya in the argument of Japan vs Malaysia, we'd better open up a thread elsewhere and not kacau our beloved Honda forum hehe...

So... Mr cad843, it's fine that you let us know of all the costs involved in importing halfcuts. But why don't you disclose the actual amount of how much you buy scrap cars from Japan then? You just said it's "not that cheap"... :) I might even be willing to get involved in the business just so i can get to visit Japan...

cad843

Known Member
Mar 23, 2005
Oita Ken
Price very differ to quote .. depends on place, condition of the car, engine mileage, delivery/transportation ... and more ... but u can refer to Jpn website like auction ... but thats not actually the correct figure ... just average .. The actual price ... of course "rahsia" one ... even Amazing Tempo dont declare the actual amount for Wald ... but usually they declare low price to reduce tax ...

Learn Japanese language(nihongo) first, they dont deal with foreigner who speaks English ... trust me

fantabulo said:
Wow... Everyone so passionate about their views and opinions... Ya in the argument of Japan vs Malaysia, we'd better open up a thread elsewhere and not kacau our beloved Honda forum hehe...

So... Mr cad843, it's fine that you let us know of all the costs involved in importing halfcuts. But why don't you disclose the actual amount of how much you buy scrap cars from Japan then? You just said it's "not that cheap"... :) I might even be willing to get involved in the business just so i can get to visit Japan...

Last edited:

zamans98

Known Member
Mar 7, 2004
Cad843,

yes, i know the pricing in actual fact. The first writing in this thead is merely a guide to show that auctioned car cost a 3 Dunhill Packet.

Suddenly become issue of JAPAN vs Malaysia, bla bla bla.

Now talking bout kedai potong :
Big Kedai potong have AGENT in Japan, owner then list down popular demand here and then email / fax them the list. THe AGENT then hunt down cars either from Scrap Yard or Auction . Then 2 or 3 kaki of the Malaysian Kedai Potong (MKP) go to Japan to declare the "Value" and prepare the documentations and related ISSUES.

Perhaps the way your fren did was different. That why he incurred lot of cost.

Ok, some write up on actual cost :
- Flight ticket x 3 return RM 6.3K
- AGENT Fee for arranging 1 Contena RM 3 K
- Related Fee paid to AGENT during Stay RM5K (transportaions, entertaiments)
- Shipping Charges from Yard to Port, from Japan to KK/Sibu Sarawak
- Normally they bring 3-5 contena to lower down the cost (RM4K per contena)
- Custom Clearance Cost (u know what i mean) RM2k per contena [what renting ??? pay the RM and clear fast]
- Declared value (half cut ) RM70-300, rest small parts RM5-10
- shipping n handling RM2K (3 Contena) to MKP, Sibu

Now,

Total Cost for 3 contenas : about 50K

Wow,expensive izzit?

Now, how many good half-cut can fit 1 contena? 7-8 means about 25 good cut cars
That will be average sell of RM125K in total.( @ RM5K per h/cut - mainly honda and toyos)
Civic ITR. Mazda RX7 new. STIs, Skyline GTR R34 bla bla bla

Gross profit may be more than 75K per trip.

Go figure!

(No wonder they can drive brand new EVO 6)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The new TT-RS is a new episode in the life of the Audi TT. Finally there’s a RS version of one of the most desirable Audi’s today but things just got better. Avus Performance, another tuner among the many, has unveiled a new tuning package for the Audi TT-RS...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience