Intake manifold question

TonyChopper

Known Member
May 30, 2005
Johor Bahru
Anybody has/or know how to mod very fast b18c gsr vtec ma? still using stock gsr manifold ma? If yes can share with me what mods have u done on ur manifold ma?

I know it would be easier if I change to aftermarket's manifold or the ITR's.. but I myself think they wun work on my current engine since its still pretty much stock, or.. 100% stock.. (no hi-cam, no pnp, no balancing... etc) :frown:

Also, the GSR manifold is like the k20a .. both using dual run type (vtec buka twice), except GSR is using a butterfly valve whereas k20a is rotary valve.. My point here is.. I know the IM can be mod.. and I believe it can go fast..
(world's fastest N/a erick's racing is using the same IM)
Just want to ask u guys how to mod it properly and which shop to visit to get it done well??

Thx la.. ^^

b18c5

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2004
i runned a b18c gsr engine on my dc2 before...177hp on wheel..... if u want to knoe i gladly can share

fully rebuilt engine
gsr intake- with first butterfly permenently open
chipped ecu - 5500rpm open vtec with 11.5 rev cut
e-manage
fuel regulator

jun3 cams
jun valve springs
jun oversize valves
cam pulley

feels 4-2-1 exhaust manifold
tanabe full exhaust from cat

always here to help another integra brother!!:wink: peace

WalBro(Apexi)

500 RPM
Jun 2, 2005
Perak
TonyChopper said:
I think.. non typeRs are 60mm.. typeRs are 64mm..
then spoon one is 70mm

hehehe.......simple to do it if u wan fast.i think no 1 in malaysia can port wonderful manifold u.only erick racing and dh-racing they can do it.the cost will more expsnive than u get the AEBS more than 200usd.and a full job head by rocket motorsport or port&Flow get cost 1000usd.wtf....us sucker.anyway try change the B16A pistons 1st get more compression and make a try.standard modified can't make ur car go as fast as type-r and all motor.u just stock remenber tat.do honda-tech see the B18C with b16a pistons,stock head,Aebs and m22.beat 210who Integra DC5.the engine vtec kick in is damn loud.cool power from the B18C.heheheh.chec it up.

SiGNAL

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Ya Mum's House
Visit site
b18c5,

What's the advantage of using GSR intake manifold?? Is it bigger than ITR IM?? If i'm not wrong, the ITR IM is shorter therefore better for high revs.....

Jasper

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
www.skype.com
anyone here can tell me whats the size of throttle body in standard for;
b16a---- 58 to 60
b16b----60 to 61.5
b18c GSR ---60
b18cR--- 62 mm

TonyChopper

Known Member
May 30, 2005
Johor Bahru
i think no 1 in malaysia can port wonderful manifold
wah u sure ma? not even powerhouses like amoil or n1racing>??
well i saw those typeR pistons selling at rm400.. its a decent price right>? sumore quality better than b16 isit? they got the black-coated thing on their surface to reduce friction .. hence better?

WalBro(Apexi)

500 RPM
Jun 2, 2005
Perak
TonyChopper said:
wah u sure ma? not even powerhouses like amoil or n1racing>??
well i saw those typeR pistons selling at rm400.. its a decent price right>? sumore quality better than b16 isit? they got the black-coated thing on their surface to reduce friction .. hence better?

woh....type-R pistons just rm400?so cheap?where to get it?new or used?anyway seriuos i can tel u the AEBS and type-R is for high REV!so short......u can't feel more from the manifold.add compression and put the toda,jun or rocket.then u can feel more...the manifodl and bored t/body will help nop more than 10hp in the dyno.b'live me.Thanx!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10151515406372799" frameborder="0" height="480" width="640"></iframe>

I was watching this earlier and got quite mad when it got to 1:42 of the video. It was like the thief had it all planned, to follow the BMW while it gets to a set of traffic lights to gain a perfect opportunity to smash its window to nab a bag.

Now, if you were prepared, what would you have done?

Anyone else have car cam footages to share? HTML is enabled in...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience