Jpj Mod Laws

FoarGeez

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Koala Loompour
hi,

any of u guys know any website or any experirence 2 share about detailed information bout modding cars according 2 laws, i mean the JPJ compliant.. such as bodykits, paint/stickers n stuffs.. i heard theres a specific measurements for bodykit.. :hmmmm2:

Last edited:

NiCkY7

500 RPM
Dec 27, 2003
Visit site
FoarGeez said:
hi,

any of u guys know any website or any experirence 2 share about detailed information bout modding cars according 2 laws, i mean the JPJ compliant.. such as bodykits, paint/stickers n stuffs.. i heard theres a specific measurements for bodykit.. :hmmmm2:
engine upgrade cant exceed 25% from ur stock cc...

bodykits, add lips and skirts are "quite ok", if change bumber, mean not like the original car look, will kena... mostly depend jpj officer mood...

pain should not have any problem, dun mix 10 colour with ur car la... :biggrin:

got specific measurement for bodykits? wah very hard measure 1 ooh, everycar not same le... will like to know also if have... :biggrin:

btw, jpj website is, http://www.jpj.gov.my, the page just change design ooh... hohoho...

craziechild

500 RPM
May 11, 2005
Sarawak
about the paint.. i heard tht pearl paint need to be approved by the jpj or something like tht... is this true?

kelvin---

1,000 RPM
Apr 7, 2005
Sarawak
craziechild...every paint needa b approved by JPJ...and concernin JPJ laws...the laws= the officer's mood....if they r in good mood..no prob for u...if they r in bad mood...even if u r doin mods compliant to the laws...they will say its against the law...jst my 2 cents...PEACE~~~

Rons

Jul 20, 2005
sg
NiCkY7 said:
engine upgrade cant exceed 25% from ur stock cc...

bodykits, add lips and skirts are "quite ok", if change bumber, mean not like the original car look, will kena... mostly depend jpj officer mood...

pain should not have any problem, dun mix 10 colour with ur car la... :biggrin:

got specific measurement for bodykits? wah very hard measure 1 ooh, everycar not same le... will like to know also if have... :biggrin:

btw, jpj website is, http://www.jpj.gov.my, the page just change design ooh... hohoho...
25%??..so if i mod a 1.6 cc into a 2.0cc engine no prolb??

NiCkY7

500 RPM
Dec 27, 2003
Visit site
Rons said:
25%??..so if i mod a 1.6 cc into a 2.0cc engine no prolb??
although they "written" on the rules is 25%... but hard to say for some cars, heard some member said some waja have hard times to get pass with evo 7 engine...

hope is not a problem la.... cause my friend thinking to mod his waja also... :wink:

any 1 can clarify this? :biggrin:

sub

Known Member
Nov 22, 2003
PJ, Selangor
actually, guideline for conversion is you must apply for the conversion first..
not convert and apply later...
and is it 25% already? i remember it being a lot less.. like 15%.. maybe changed i guess..

lanusin

Jul 24, 2005
PENANG
newest law dated :18/8/05

i just talk to jpj's ee and car which mod with 25% more only need to write application letter to pengarah JPJ KL 1st. Then after approved and reinspect old car can tukar.

alexz

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
NiCkY7 said:
although they "written" on the rules is 25%... but hard to say for some cars, heard some member said some waja have hard times to get pass with evo 7 engine...

hope is not a problem la.... cause my friend thinking to mod his waja also... :wink:

any 1 can clarify this? :biggrin:
hmm... maybe they mod the mountings ah? FYI the evo4-6 and evo7-9 mountings are a little bit different. the evo4-6 one AFAIK is straight bolt in for waja, no mods needed (coz the chassis is the same!). but for evo7-9 mounts, a few washers as a spacer is needed, but that should not be a problem right?

daze

Known Member
Mar 23, 2005
KL<>JB
lanusin said:
i just talk to jpj's ee and car which mod with 25% more only need to write application letter to pengarah JPJ KL 1st. Then after approved and reinspect old car can tukar.
U mean only old car can go for engine mod/transplant?
wat bout car less than 1 yr old??

cypress8

1,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2004
Visit site
Sorry to interrupt, anyone of you heard anything like this:

"those converted cars which already have the valid documents, managed to renew road taxbefore, failed to renew now as the law said Pengubahsuian yang tidak dibenarkan."

???? wtf! Heard this when I went to car wash last week and the taukeh told me that he got a few friends who ran into this shit.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hehe i seen alot of people with diy stuff,but so far i never seen this thread come out (correct me if i am wrong) ...so anyone here diy it b4...

use ball bering... those round type...with bering inside...then just diy the cover ...suits bling bling rims better.(coz of flat surface....chrome rims espically)..then just find a way to stick it on to the ori rims.....anyone care to try..hehehhe..just my 2 cents
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience