buying muffler / extractor

NiCkY7

Dec 27, 2003
huakenny said:
if u wan buy ekzos..y dun search in zth..many members selling wat....

autoequipe phone :03-80751171

cal them and ask for direction lo....i know how to go only....i dunno how to guide u as im not local ppl..ahaha
hmmh, i didnt see any nice muffler for sale at ZTH, all condition seems so so and price sky high le... not worth...

NiCkY7 said:
hmmh, i didnt see any nice muffler for sale at ZTH, all condition seems so so and price sky high le... not worth...
if price too high then nego nego nego lo...

anyway....u juz post at 'Looking For' forum for d type of mufler u wan...d best is u surf at d internet n post d photo in here...so we know which one u r looking for

Yong_5290

hotmail.com
a 4-2-1 is good 4 low - mid range rpm...
a 4-1 is good 4 hi revving enignes like those mivec,vtec,20v etc
4 auto...always choose a S-flow muffler...else u wont be able 2 get enuf back pressure
which will make ur fc bad as well as low pick up

gloss

May 23, 2005
SJ
huakenny said:
if u wan buy ekzos..y dun search in zth..many members selling wat....

autoequipe phone :03-80751171

cal them and ask for direction lo....i know how to go only....i dunno how to guide u as im not local ppl..ahaha

yes. autoequipe is at IOI mall, IOI perindustrian park, its a white building (with black windows) on ur left if come from kl direction. but i still tink its better to go chop shops, muffer no nid buy new, too expensive.

facelift

Apr 25, 2005
Can I trade in my old extractor? So changing muffler is for the sound only? No other effect is it? If I change my extractor do I need to change the center bullet also?

EVO3gsr

Jul 22, 2005
facelift said:
Can I trade in my old extractor? So changing muffler is for the sound only? No other effect is it? If I change my extractor do I need to change the center bullet also?
old extractor send to junkyard....

changing muffler for better air flow...differ muffler gv u differ sound

changing extractor itself sun need change bullet

masvidal

May 13, 2004
anyone here experience using carbon fibre muffler (racecraft or arospeed)?

perfomance wise, if compare with those apex'i or HKS muffler?

thanks.

DeadManWalking

Jun 28, 2005
what will happen?

What will happen if u put in 4-2-1 extractor, 1.75-2.0 inches pipe with muffler and resonator into a 'not modded at all engine' ? will it give bad or good?

140dB

Mar 27, 2005
johor
DeadManWalking said:
What will happen if u put in 4-2-1 extractor, 1.75-2.0 inches pipe with muffler and resonator into a 'not modded at all engine' ? will it give bad or good?
hmm,

1> 4-2-1 extractor will help u. im using wei yip cap ayam $70 for my 4g13 did improve a little...

2>1.75" -2" piping depend on wat engine u using. 1.3-1.5cc dun go above 2". 1.75" will be good enuff for everyday driving below 4krpm most the time....2" if u wanna 'drag' sometimes

140dB

gavan

Apr 14, 2004
hmm, yeah, actually got calculations wanso see what pipe suitable for you, like myself, im using a 1.3 16V engine, setup of the piping i use trial and error wan

from engine => extractor 4-2-1 => 1.7" piping => midbox(straight flow) => mid box(straight flow) => 2.0" piping => muffler tip :D => out to atmosphere arleady...

sound okie larr....power, got larr, butthen car still slow bai... :( but not recommended if using auto larr...auto recommended using 1.8" piping for a 1.6 car, even with straight flow, still can have abit power :D go 2.0 inch only if you have manual :D

for 1.5, think best is 1.7/1.8 also kwaa, not much diff, butthen dun go 2.0 all the way, sure die wan.... :D

hope i never make you go koo koo, rreading my post..ahaha,i also dunno wether you guys can understand what i said also anot :P ekkekeke

and erm, if you want muffler, go for s-flow for more silent setup :D straight flow are alwiz noisy, normally larrr :D

Pickcell said:
If after changing the extractor , muffler and piping ... But sparkplugs , air filter are stock ones... Will it affect the overall ? like, make it not so good or something..
i changed my car extractor, muffler and S-flow... running on stock filter and normal plugs... can say got some difference lar... rpm climbs more smoothly... doesnt have those lagging or lost of power feel...