Tested Swift, but need some opinion

TODA

Known Member
May 20, 2005
downtheroad
swift GTI est. 130k??? wah no need 2 think......was gonna head 2 showroom ask for manual version, but since a member here mentioned....... gotta wait longer

in the meantime, can calculate loan........lol

shaune

Known Member
Feb 13, 2005
that day my E46 lalu JPJ block also no problem....
did mine 80% dark

kwai said:
tint to dark? JPJ kacao wo...

wkwoo69

Known Member
Mar 13, 2004
Hi, I'm eagerly awaiting the GTI and also hoping that its closer to the RM100k mark. Just want to know, where did you hear that its RM130k? The Citroen C2 is going for that price here, and I think its quite silly!

I guess it depends how Suzuki is going to position the GTI. I read on foreign car sites, Suzuki forums etc. that Suzuki may launch a turbo version after the GTI, thus creating a three-model heirarchy like the MINI.

wkwoo69

Known Member
Mar 13, 2004
If the GTI's going to come in at RM130k, then the possibility of the current model coming in manual form is good news!

Anyway, based on what I've read online, the GTI is 1.6, 120hp, 5-speed, with no auto option, and 3-door only. No news on whether it'll have LSD (or expensive stuff like Xenon, sunroof, premium ICE, branded seats, etc.) Here's hoping that it'll still maintain the affordable hot hatch status.

amatabx

500 RPM
Jun 3, 2004
Gombak
sure or not? that new GTi produce 220hp at std stock!

120hp? thats for old version litle pocket rocket GTi (year 89) :cool:

wkwoo69

Known Member
Mar 13, 2004
I thought the old one was 100hp only. The 220 hp must be the turbo version. Then its worth it at RM130k. Who needs a Mini Cooper S then. Anyway, I hope that for first time in a long while, that there will be a reasonable all-new manual hatch in the market. I've been thinking of getting a replacement for my last car, and the closest is the Celica 6 spd, but too expensive for me at RM125k for a MY2000. My last car was old, and I spent too much maintaining it. Fingers crossed.

Came accross this pic. First time I've seen this without graphics. Ngam also....

shaune

Known Member
Feb 13, 2005
saw the C2 too....damn nice...but very overprice la...........for me anyways

have to worry about the used car prices of the citroen too....sigh

Last edited:

Vampire

Known Member
Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Manual suzuki swift need to wait 2 months and pay up front depost for 5k .. Just confirm by the manager lady Suzuki showroom in section 14. Anyway the car service will be done by Moffaz service center .. I ask them whether their are come out GTI .. They also blur blur ... hehehhehe ... - I just fall in love with silver swift... love the break lights ..

shaune

Known Member
Feb 13, 2005
manual wait 2 months??? by then, AP problems get out of hand, Lafidah resigns,
no more AP's for cars same category as plotong, get back refund la....hahaha

kenso

Jul 25, 2005
PJ
Hmm, Vampire, that`s where I got my car from a month ago. They didn`t know whether there was a manual version then but there were rumours that Suzuki is bringing them in. I suppose they must have received new news from HQ.

I`ve sent my car in for 1st 1,000km service (even though it was not indicated in the service manual, I still felt it`s safer to do oil change) and according to the Mofaz service center, the GTI version will be brought in as well. According to them, GTI comes standard with 17" wheels, full body kit and have a power of 130hp (about 30% more than current standard 1.5 model). No idea when it will arrive at our shores though.

kwai

1,500 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
Perak
Visit site
ha? 130hp not 220hp... :D

haha kenso.... so when is the service time? :D 1k?

my mum's swift need to wait until this weekend.... cannot tahan... :D

Last edited:

kenso

Jul 25, 2005
PJ
According to the service manual, the car is due for 1st service only at 10,000km instead of the usual 1,000km. I suppose it`s a way manufacturers nowadays show that their cars are reliable but I didn`t want to take any chances. I noticed they use Mobil fully synthetic oil when servicing my car. Not sure if that`s a good thing for a new car coz components within r still new and a little friction should help in breaking in the engine. Synthetic oil is too slippery.

Vampire

Known Member
Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
kenso said:
Hmm, Vampire, that`s where I got my car from a month ago. They didn`t know whether there was a manual version then but there were rumours that Suzuki is bringing them in. I suppose they must have received new news from HQ.

I`ve sent my car in for 1st 1,000km service (even though it was not indicated in the service manual, I still felt it`s safer to do oil change) and according to the Mofaz service center, the GTI version will be brought in as well. According to them, GTI comes standard with 17" wheels, full body kit and have a power of 130hp (about 30% more than current standard 1.5 model). No idea when it will arrive at our shores though.

I see... I ask them how much is the price of manual version .. The lady boss say 77k and the sales manager say 71k ... hehehe... No codination between them .. IS it true the car more powerful than jazz itself .. Myself not yet test drive the car yet..

stoopadity

Known Member
May 4, 2004
stoopadity.blogspot.com
hi all...

i am seeking some information as below :

1) wat is the latest discount given for this model? if there is any...

2) confirm the manual swift wuld cost RM71k or RM77k? can anyone confirm on this matter?

3) wat is the waiting period to get hold onto this baby?

Thanks!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Zthers, I just check out this piece of muffler @ my local shop and I find it is very interesting... sorry bout the pic .. my scanner like over exposed....

When I first saw this in the ad, I quickly go and check it out then I take up and SHIT ... is so light and rather cheap.
However I discover one thing funny, its not real fiber at all, so I think it just another gimmick... but yet it look so nice I wanted o...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience