Cleaning rims

simplythebest

1,500 RPM

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
My rims is not those silver chrome rims. Mine have been sprayed to Dark khaki color + some harden rubber stuff, so the surface is abit rough.

Still thinking, aiyoo.

greenjacket

3,000 RPM

greenjacket

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
since this topic is started, i got a problem and hope any of the zth member might help

my rim was send to a car washing centre few months back, those guys use some kind of tyre polish to polish my tyre, and eventually those polish (i think is liquid kinda material), flow and stick all over my 4 lovely rims, at first i thought is nothing, maybe a couple of wash would get rid of the stain.

but, after a while, no matter how i wash it, still the stain juz wont go !!!!!
i tried so many wheel cleaning products, including those red color chemical (to wash air con one), the stain is so stuborn n wont go at all !!!!

i even spray tons of wheel cleaning liquid n use brush to wash the rim. but all i got is nothing.

is anyone here in zth experience this problem b4?? :(

afdzan

500 RPM

afdzan

500 RPM
May 29, 2005
Kajang
try use the mozaic cleaner....i've it b4...only for none painted rim...if painted....sorry....maybe ruin the paint..

lozo

500 RPM

lozo

500 RPM
Sep 26, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
use normal car shampoo and the green 'kasa dawai' (use for washing dishes) to wash rims. it works for me .

minivan

1,500 RPM

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
Alway use a car shampoo. Its friendly on the paint. Don't use household detergents, they're not designed for car paint. It will ruin ur car paint in the long run... same applys for the rims finishing...

masvidal

Known Member

masvidal

Known Member
May 13, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
greenjacket said:
since this topic is started, i got a problem and hope any of the zth member might help

my rim was send to a car washing centre few months back, those guys use some kind of tyre polish to polish my tyre, and eventually those polish (i think is liquid kinda material), flow and stick all over my 4 lovely rims, at first i thought is nothing, maybe a couple of wash would get rid of the stain.

but, after a while, no matter how i wash it, still the stain juz wont go !!!!!
i tried so many wheel cleaning products, including those red color chemical (to wash air con one), the stain is so stuborn n wont go at all !!!!

i even spray tons of wheel cleaning liquid n use brush to wash the rim. but all i got is nothing.

is anyone here in zth experience this problem b4?? :(
sorry to hear bro. maybe that tyre polish contain some acidic material or something like that.

better go back to that car wash centre and ask them about this matter. maybe they got the solution. if not, scold them 'kaw-kaw'.

dino32

dino32

Jul 28, 2005
KL
i'm using a "fab" it works too remove dirt and stain...but can use only for crome rim only...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

After asking a few mechanics' opinion, I have found out the auto gearbox for my Wira a/b 1.6 is going to die soon. All have suggested replacing the gearbox. Now, I have switched gearbox 3 times already, and I'm tired of that. Furthermore, the car revs more than it moves, therefore consuming a lot of petrol.

A friend's mechanic said he can replace my gearbox with a manual one at RM1700. This includes a 4G93 1.8 gearbox, gear console, pedals, flywheel, clutchplate, starter and all other...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience