AP holders...

Lord Pheonix

Known Member
Apr 15, 2004
KL
ericee said:
Welcomed? To me is just an excuse of not able to survive on the fair playing field.
guys,
as i suggested, please stick to the main topic... if u and your group doesn't want to obey it, i'm afraid that i have to vote for this topic to be 'LOCKED', because its starts to get on people nerves here... if you still want to talk about it, i suggest that u open a new topic elsewhere, because this section is generally for 'car talk', so XXXX off u bunch of stubborn!!! :mad: :mad:

Last edited:

ericee

Known Member
Jun 17, 2005
JB/Melaka/SPore
Lord Pheonix said:
guys,
as i suggested, please stick to the main topic... if u and your group doesn't want to obey it, i'm afraid that i have to vote for this topic to be 'LOCKED', because its starts to get on people nerves here... if you still want to talk about it, i suggest that u open a new topic elsewhere, because this section is generally for 'car talk', so XXXX off u bunch of stubborn!!! :mad: :mad:
JUlie got to do with car too? :p After all it's the most viewed thread currently.. DO what u wanna do.. what is XXXX btw? :rolleyes:

sta

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2004
cossie said:
a motor race is unique as it is man-made and the rules are man-made with not much choice. humans were made by god and god gave men complete freedom to make their own choices.

how can anyone start off with less of their abilities? if this is the way god made a person, then there's not much choice to be had. this has significant results on how much money you will earn. someone better looking will have a greater chance of earning money compared to someone who you despise looking at.

so even if everyone had their money 'confiscated' (or equalized by some other means), sooner or later there will be economic disparity again due to the difference in natural ability of each person. when disparity exist again, then what's going to happen? people are going to scream, "hey let's start all over again on an equal footing!" hello? this is life, it is not a game.

what's the point of working hard when everything gets 'reset' all the time? might as well don't do anything since the outcome will be the same. how many times must the reset button be used? the rest of the world does not work with this switch. is malaysia fantasy island?

it's going to be a big shock when the world is globalized and malaysia has no place in the world. money and influence go hand in hand. if malaysia does not have enough money then, we will have no say in any global policies. malaysians will not be able to protect themselves in the world. malaysians need to know that they live in a world and malaysia is not the only country in it. it's no fun if all the grand prix cars are in the midst of a race and the malaysian contender comes into the pits each lap to be 'fixed'.

can you imagine making the olympic rules such that each contestant must go through surgery to make sure they are all competiting on an equal basis? might as well benchmark similar intel processors from the same batch. if this sort of policy exist, it only staves creativity, desires, nationalism and patriotism among all the other traits necessary for national growth.
in an ideal malaysia, the race would be like a same-make series where all drivers receive similar cars and tech support, and the drivers compete based on their skill alone

Last edited:

sta

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2004
i think the vision of dr. M was noble and correct 20 years ago. that is to build a car manufacturing industry which could be globally competitive. but sadly, the implementation was all screwed and we ended up with proton.

reedoor

2,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
KL & JB
Visit site
sta said:
i think the vision of dr. M was noble and correct 20 years ago. that is to build a car manufacturing industry which could be globally competitive. but sadly, the implementation was all screwed and we ended up with proton.
i agree with u saying dr.M was to build a car manufacturing industry to compete with global market. but now all screwed, by whom? u & me knows..., y? cos they r greedy.
de "bumiputra" they hav in their mind is not all the malays (bumis) but JUST FEW OF THEM... they r helping "bumis", they r rite in THEIR way though...

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
cossie said:

the hope i'm placing in this is that with a new management that follows the japanese style of R&D, manufacturing and management, proton can turn around into a respectable company. there is also a need to shape up lotus because it is a troubled company. afterall it has british roots and they had too many different automotive companies some time ago and one by one each one of them ran into trouble.

Perhaps Proton should attach itself firmly to Lotus design. After all Lotus designed the Elise and Esprit, which in my mind are great looking cars with plenty of purpose in terms of speed and function. In terms of engines going to a French company like Renault to build engines or designs for us isn't the best idea in the world i feel. At the end of the day with all the design plans for engines and schematics from Mitsu i am sure someone could sneakily come up with a more advance design copy just changing things here and there a bit.

I believe its all about ingenuity. R&D is key R3 is a great concept but they should take it a step further, by step i mean huge step forward. Any car bearing the badge R3 should embody class, quality, style, speed, form and function. While i am not saying that it isn't but there are a few things that could have been changed in the Satria R3. But, i digress. Talk is cheap, want to be proud of your proton it needs to go forward in every department. Campro on Gen 2 that makes some 120hp at the crank just doesn't do it for me. Maybe i got my shit wrong but i digress again haha. More on AP's it's good learning info!

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
reedoor said:
i agree with u saying dr.M was to build a car manufacturing industry to compete with global market. but now all screwed, by whom? u & me knows..., y? cos they r greedy.
de "bumiputra" they hav in their mind is not all the malays (bumis) but JUST FEW OF THEM... they r helping "bumis", they r rite in THEIR way though...
I was always under the impression that Mitsu has been screwing Proton in the ass with its contractual agreement charging us more for changes and all? Though i can't say for sure but if someone could shed some light on that it would be great for my personal info.

Kopi

500 RPM
May 18, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
so... is there anything done in here except talking and talking?

links

1,500 RPM
May 26, 2004
Kopi said:
what to do? please enlighten us. :P

1)hire killer from thailand to assasin mama fat R?
2)place bomb in putra LRT and intra kota bus ?
3) strip naked and run infront of paliament house?
4)group up ZTH and form revolution and take over the control so formed "The Republic of Zerotohundred"
5) anymore suggestion?

Torment

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
"u know da TIGER will get impatient wif hunger, dare is no escape! u haf to faitimoff!"

can we not use the word "bumiputra" anymore please? i'm utterly disgusted enough to find out that only malaysia government has the thick skin and audacity to call themselves that. as someone already mentioned previously, god made every man to be equal in basic abilities, it's ones choice how to best utilise and improve from there, it's petty to hate others cause they're richer than u or better looking than u or whatever. meritocrasy rules. if the hardworking, the smart, the top scorer, etc. does not deserve to get rich or good education then maybe we are more communist than we are led to believe.

oh ya, and the contents from first few pages of newspapers these pass few days have been bleak.

Last edited:

N0bu

Nov 27, 2003
Kopi said:
yeah like emigrating to another country..... atleast i will be discriminated as a chink but not having the government enacting laws to discriminate me.

sad to say after living abroads.. i still miss malaysia. that's why i came home love the country but hate the way it's ran. it breaks my heart to think that my future children have to see the things that i saw if they are malaysian.

also the only proton car worth driving and owning is a carburated saga. no prob so far and easy to maintain. also due to the cheapness (but still way to expensive comapred to cars you can get elsewhere).... you can't complain much. you get waht you pay. but as for the fittings, it's abysmal.

jsut let it die for god's sake and let P2 take it's place instead.

cheers

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
SPEEDSPiRiT said:
how many ppl can afford doing it?
it's like an "extortion" done in a clean way...
live with it. it modern era propaganda of toeing the line. :rolleyes:

background music of sirens & drums;

"-you malaysians should be glad that we have provided a stable growth of nation building.
-You malaysians malaysians should be proud we are ahead of myanmar, laos, vietnam, indonesia, cambodia & in some ways thailand in naion building.
- you malaysian are better off then your parents
- you malaysians pay the lowest tax & are subsidised for petrol
- you malaysians are only ask to contribute a little by supporting OUR national car. thats all we ask. ;) "

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG will soon be going under the knife of another tuner if the proposal by Swiss tuner Fab Design is approved.

Considering it’s still in the proposal stage, not much details have been released but the important bits include an extra 40hp extracted from the supercar’s V8 engine, bringing the total to 611hp. The extra ponies...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience