f.cked up idle problem

Maxee

Known Member
May 10, 2005
KL
I got the idling problem too on 4G93T, the RPM going up and down from range of 1k to 2k, below is the troubleshooting steps the workshop done on my car...

1. Check ISC - still same problem
2. Check Trottle body - still same problem
3. Take off BOV n put back the ori - still same problem
4. Check Air Flow Sensor - still same problem
5. Lastly Check ECU - change another ECU n problem solved. So is the ECU koyak edi.

Hope this will helps.

crystal_method

Known Member
Jun 23, 2004
PJ, KL
www.darkimages.com
my ride not ordinary but still kena whack by alucard's :)

AlucarD said:
Bro, not suprising lah with the amount of mods you have... If you have Cams and run cold plugs... YES!!, cold start is a bitch. Idiling will suffer la with cams its a give and take thing..

You might have a dead ISC = idle stability controller. Its very normal for mitsu to have a dead ISC... try to clean your TB and fit in a chop shop ISC and see if it works? Most of the time it will work for a while but will KO later. It depends on your luck. The toyota FICD seems to work.

If you are still on stock ECU good luck .... a fully programmable one will maybe solve some of your cold start and idiling probs. But then again I lost track of your mods : P so It might just be the ISC problem...
alucard,

thx 4 the tips jack. anyways even halfway thru jams on hot days (after driving for more than an hour) the idling can start to SUDDENLY go haywire. it's not something that sorta builds up if u know what i mean - it can just come 1 second then after awhile (maybe after the car mati a few times) the idling problem disappears! it's damn weird la. been outta town 4 awhile so i still haven't had time 2 bring my car in for the necessary repairs / upgrades but will b back in KL soon so will get round 2 checkin it out soon. will post here what the problem was la not 2 worry cos i notice quite a lotta ppl havin this problem eh? terrible la. hehe stock ecu take n throw into dustbin oledi but still havin problems... maybe THAT'S WHY the idling is f.cked up hahaha! hey btw do u still have those blitz gauges?? forgot what the series is called but they light up a really nice electric blue at nite... still got??

i'll look u up soon k dude?

crystal_method

Known Member
Jun 23, 2004
PJ, KL
www.darkimages.com
thx 4 the tips

lekalo said:
crystal_method>
hiya bro! How's it going? long time I disappeared from zth la. How are u?
That FICD thing is worth checking out. I also not that knowledgeable abt this, U're running with an air flow sensor? Could be that too! Last time in my old 1.6 Satria I experienced this, siap got popping/misfiring that blew my xhos brackets off! "CHECK ENGINE" light came on. Changed that from chop shop, everything ok after dat!
what up lekalo i been ok bro thx 4 the tips too! i been damn bz wei, cari makan la bos! hahaha! nope no mo MAF sensor etc but stil got f.cked up problems like dis :( o well i'll get it sorted n ya i'll check out the FICD thingy thx 4 lettin me know dude. look u up soon dude. maybe c u at subang la! take care man.

lekalo

500 RPM
Mar 4, 2004
TTDI
Visit site
crystal_method said:
what up lekalo i been ok bro thx 4 the tips too! i been damn bz wei, cari makan la bos! hahaha! nope no mo MAF sensor etc but stil got f.cked up problems like dis :( o well i'll get it sorted n ya i'll check out the FICD thingy thx 4 lettin me know dude. look u up soon dude. maybe c u at subang la! take care man.
Hai Shaun..
eeee?? see me in Subang? How...Erm.. where lah? When lah? No problem! Please do!
By the way I'm having the FICD installed later today, coz mine pulak once you on air-con, the whole kerete kenit will just shut down. ENjin off.. piookk... heheheh! Hot dayz ahead.. need air-con. No money to tint car summore. Aisey.

Torment

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
dun forget to reply my pm again eh shawn ol'boy. waiting for your update long time.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

HI.. To all TITAN sifu..

this is my 1st post in here...

i plan to buy fixed suspension and spring. NOT adjustable suspension.
and i want ask some question here..
now i'm using lower spring now,coz my orginal suspension is rosak liau...so i plan to replace a new one, b4 chinese new year, want balik kampung... but i cant affort adjustable.

1)i want ask how much is the price for the whole set of the suspension and spring?
2)i dun hav so many money right now.. so i plan to buy suspension...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience