Steering Wheel - I Dont Like The Feeling

masvidal

Known Member
May 13, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Hi everybody.

i just change the steering wheel to a sporty one (12 inch size) yesterday.

the result, feel heavy when turning....like no power steering lah.....

what happen actually? the steering wheel is light, is this cause the heaviness?

what can i do to solve these beside changing back to stock steering?

One more thing, need to put grease or not on the bosskit?

LilKeV84

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
did u reduce the size of the steering?
if u did...the problem is the size
bigger need to turn more and slower...but its easier to turn
smaller require more strength but faster to turn

its like gears concept :)

mie4385

500 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
PJ/TTDI/KJ
the weight of the steering also plays a part...r u using power steering?...if u r then its the weight of the steering that causes the heavy drag...putting grease at the booskit doesnt help coz the bosskit is just holding ur steering in place....

mie4385

500 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
PJ/TTDI/KJ
i'm only saying that the weight also play a part....last time also i'm using 12"...no problem coz using power steering only meter cannot see...also maybe last time in school i didnt take physics (unlike other ppl) but it doesnt mean I failed physics...1 question...weight is also physics rite? hehehehe;)

Last edited:

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
the answer is bcos u use a much smaller steering (12") than the normal steering dat u had used to...

the force u need to turn the steering is called torque, T = radius x force..

to maintain the same torque.. but with smaller radius... u need more force... so dats y ur feel ur steering much heavy....

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
yeah, but eventually you will get used to the heavy steering then it feels like normal already. i felt the same too when i change mine to smaller steering, butthen you get to steer faster...just a lil faster i suppose...

masvidal

Known Member
May 13, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
drexchan said:
mie, no offence.. the weight of the steering wheel doesn't play a significant part..
ya...i think so....the guy at the shop tell me that the weight of the steering doesnt matter much....

well, what can i say......already bought it, need to get used to it lah....hehehe....can exercise at the same time for my hand.....

yyap2

1,000 RPM
Mar 16, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
opss..... aiyo... here lik physic class... hahah.. i learned tat also last 2 semester ... hahahhaa.... nice... so if my dad scold i show him tis forum n tell i on9 got use.. heheh.. can learn physic..

alantan

3,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
kl
Visit site
hmmm...12" steering wheel is very troublesome...

last timehwne i sold my car, i took out my 14" and replace with a 12" cap abang..
had trouble driving for a week before handing over the car.

my advise..size does matter

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just to share some knowledge of replacing the Toyota Caldina GT4 turbo manifold.

The stock turbo on the Toyota Cladina GT4 is joined to the turbo manifold by sharing one cast iron housing. To replace the turbo manifold to an aftermarket one, one must separate the turbo from the original cast iron manifold. The simplest way is to send the car to a professional workshop. But not simply just any experienced workshop, the workshop or exhaust shop must have the right turbo manifold for...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience