Fushing Engine

reddenger99

Jul 6, 2004
I just flush my car this afternoon... but then the car "kong knog knog" like knocking sound in the engine...

Im driving KE70 btw,
the machenic say my timing chain got problem... plz comment... is it ok? previously no sould...

WAJA2003

Hmmm actually engine after 10 year better dont flush...bcs it is too old liao...if flush also many place also will oil leaking 1.....
Yup 4K engine mayeb is timing chain bising liao..

reddenger99

Jul 6, 2004
I flush my engine lar... hmm... abit worried ... never encounter problem like this b4...

#crazykid, how much it cost to overhaul? RM1000?

#WAJA2003, i thought of flushing engine coz it is a old car, and i would like to have a cleaner engine with lower idling time :)

reddenger99

Jul 6, 2004
I think the car now ok liao... didn't hear the knock knock loud sound anymore...

ealt

Dec 16, 2003
reddenger99 said:
I think the car now ok liao... didn't hear the knock knock loud sound anymore...
where do you flush it, how much?

reddenger99

Jul 6, 2004
I flush it in the workshop around my area, im stay in Sri Muda, shah alam... there got lots of workshop, i just go back the workshop i always go...

they change RM10 for workmanship, i bought all the nessasary stuff, but unfortunately the oil filter cannot use, they sell me the ori Toyota oil filter which cost RM18... i donno expensive anot, i have to change as i don't have other choice

reddenger99

Jul 6, 2004
i know AGE86 is much much better but then i don't have the budget for it yet... so i will still stick to my humble KE70... :)

Anyway, after flushing the engine run much lighter and smoother...

some cars cannot flush la coz too old oledi d engine.....after u flush..sudenly d car engine become clean...so d engine cant used to it....tak biasa....ahaha...coz too clean oledi....

coz old engine u never flush before n use it for so many yearssssssss......n suddenly u flush it.....engine cant accept it...

like u never go jogging.....then suddenly u go to climb d Mount Kinabalu.....u wont climb it....coz u never do it...

erm..u get my meaning?

his car is 4A engine....i think is 70's or 80's engine......now is 2005...at least 20 yrs oledi....

but u gotta try ur luck la....if got white smoke...then put one can white smoke treatment la...

I

Indecided

the reason why old engines aren't recommended to be flushed is simply because the OLD deposits left there previously may be the ones helping to seal the head gaskets....and various other important parts of the engine internals.

If it's too clean it'll be dislodged and you may be left with a very leaky engine.. best leave it if it's over 150,000km.

Flat Satin Black 722 McLaren or Batmobile? <b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>