Tested Swift, but need some opinion

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Hi
Does anyone know the how many have been sold to date.
I understand it was launched in May. I seen a few but I havent read or heard the total numbers sold... :)

zoakies

Mar 31, 2005
Dear AE111,

from the day it launch up to now i think sell more than 100 units already....but let me tell you
one thing, this car bringing in from Japan have very limited AP (Approved Permit) from M'sia
custom, they only have 600 AP, mean they only can have 600 units cars to sell up to this year end.

So bro, you do the calculation here. 600 cars for 20 dealer throughout the Malaysia, so how
many cars per dealer can take per month. The answer is: VERY LITTLE.

And heard some rumours, the Suzuki Swift price going up by RM 4000 from next month onwards. So if you wanna buy.....hehehehe....better do it quick quick lor....

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Hi
From a financial perspective :
Swift Jazz
Price 80,000.00 103,000.00
Downpayment 15,000.00 15,000.00
Loan Amt 65,000.00 88,000.00
Int 2.50% 2.50%
Tenure in Yrs 5 5
Total Payable 73,125.00 99,000.00
Pmt Period (mths) 60 60
Mthly 1,218.75 1,650.00

After paying for higher insurance cos higher value. You will need to pay higher monthly for a car in same catergory.!!!!!!
Bottomline need to fork out additional RM 400 for Jazz.
Might as well buy a Civic or Altis !!!!!!!. :eek:
Conclusion from a financial point of view. The Jazz is overpriced.

reddenger99

Known Member
Jul 6, 2004
some people want a small car with power and good handling mah... cannot judge like that 1... if no demand they won't build a car like that

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Like I said " Financial Perspective " Mean Looking from another perspective which is price. Remember higher is the price, more option comes available to you. So You cant overlook other car in the different catergory. Especially when a small car price plays with the big boys. You are rite in saying that some people want small car but ask yourself this.... At what price. :confused:

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
My Statement above is just one side of the coin which ppl need to think about. It is not to start a heated arguement who is rite and wrong. It is to highlight all the possible senerio's and let the ppl decide what is happening in our car industry. The Car prices are soaring more ppl are looking from
a financial perspective as well. What the ringgit can buy these days!!. Not like in the early 90's where price was no object. Can u imagine In 1993 the top selling non national car was Honda Accord. Why not Civic or Corolla?. Dont forget during that time the downpayment was 20% and max loan duration was 5 Yrs Max. So you can see how the market has changed over the years. ;)

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Folks,
Official numbers
According to yesterdays or was it thursday star paper
so far swift sold

259 registered already
590 waiting to be delivered/

not bad ............... swift is back. :D

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
OOh forgot to mention one more thing. Good luck hONDA Jazz RM 100++ :p K
hA HA HA

zim

Known Member
Oct 11, 2004
AE111_SEG said:
Folks,
Official numbers
According to yesterdays or was it thursday star paper
so far swift sold

259 registered already
590 waiting to be delivered/

not bad ............... swift is back. :D
emm...if you wanna feel the performance....why don't wait for next year...the GT-i is reborn!!!

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
na_power said:
not fair compare jazz with swift.. shud compare wif city...
y not? both r hatchback mar

donchichi

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Subang Jaya
Visit site
I still don't understand why you guys always have to put down another car just to make your choice look better. There are buyers for both cars.. Why compare with a 100k car? why not compare with something in the same price range if you want to compare financially. Doesn't make sense right? Why not compare with the smart car which is priced even higher for a 2 seater? 80k.. if you look at it another way, 80k can buy you a vios or city.

If you had a proper financial study, you would include how much petrol each one sucked in, what is the capacity, boot space etc, resale value and so on and so forth. Ofcourse a financial study at the end of the day would be how much you can save (petrol,maintenance,price of car) how your resale would be, what you get for the amount you are spending. So if a proper financial study is in place you would go for the MYVI. true?

This is not savvy vs myvi mind you. That one I don't need to illucidate any further.

If you mention good luck Honda.. go find out how many sales the Jazz has if you want to compare.

I almost bought the swift GTI last time and it was nice. But lets not overdo the enjoyment. THe swift is a nice car, so is the jazz and so are the proud owners of so many brands including TIARA. :)

Don't knock others just for the sake of making your choice look good. At least put in a sizeable criticism of why.

Last edited:

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Folks,
Let me clarify. The reason I always compare to Jazz is because. They are in the same catergory

Swift and Jazz are the same C.C and both are CBU.
In Japan they both fight for consumer's YEn.
I cannot compare with Vios or City cost both sedan and asean car.

Even though the price is comparable then you start to think which car is reasonable priced and which is not?.

Is the swift RELATIVELY cheap or is Vios and city RELATIVELY expensive. OR is Jazz Overpriced. ????? Which one is it.???
Now the Colt is also very expensive ??. Huh so how???

Jazz is the only logical comparison and also now the new colt.
So you can see I am not condeming any Jazz owner here. My statement " Jazz Good luck " Means Honda Malaysia now you got competition and the way the sales are going of suzuki, now is the time for you to take notice and possible re think the pricing strategy. I agree Jazz sales has been good but with these 2 new comers in town Colt & Swift will easily snatch potential sales of Jazz. So what does this mean for us consumers. Well competition is good for the consumer as we tend to gain as much cos car company will offer many incentive just to get sales.

donchichi : Pls understand I am not knocking anybody except let the PPL in this forum know the facts only. I am not condeming JAZZ, CITY,COLT or VIOS Owner here. As I also like these cars but lets be objective here. Now it is Consumer vs Car company. This is a buyers market. :D Potential buyers of the above cars should have the full info at their disposal before making any choice. Either here or else where.

donchichi

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Subang Jaya
Visit site
Wait a second.. you said financial study.. now it changes to relatively cheap and relatively expensive? Can you make up your mind?

So you can see I am not condeming any Jazz owner here. My statement " Jazz Good luck " Means Honda Malaysia now you got competition and the way the sales are going of suzuki, now is the time for you to take notice and possible re think the pricing strategy. I agree Jazz sales has been good but with these 2 new comers in town Colt & Swift will easily snatch potential sales of Jazz.
So what are you saying here again? Got competition? or is it really knocking down another car? Easily snatch?

So what does this mean for us consumers. Well competition is good for the consumer as we tend to gain as much cos car company will offer many incentive just to get sales.
No doubt.

donchichi : Pls understand I am not knocking anybody except let the PPL in this forum know the facts only. I am not condeming JAZZ, CITY,COLT or VIOS Owner here. As I also like these cars but lets be objective here. Now it is Consumer vs Car company. This is a buyers market. :D Potential buyers of the above cars should have the full info at their disposal before making any choice. Either here or else where.
No offense but in your excitement to put out your thoughts you don't seem to care where you step on. You just changed your financial study to become a relative study. Its great you have excitement for the swift. It is a swell looking car as I said.

Just because the switft came in doesn't mean that car xx and car xx will suddenly drop in sales. Look around you, every Tom, Dick and Harry is buying every single car out there in the market, from Kancil to Ferraris and the jam is getting worse.

If you're talking about relatively priced, then you would be talkin at how much money you have. Person A the swift might be relatively too cheap for him. For Person B the swift might be just in the right price bracket. For person C, He doesn't look at anything below 3.0l cars and relatively has no budget. So how do you put relatively priced?

Now.. this pricing issue you can blame protong and the government. :) Don't blame the car manufacturers.

Somehow I don't really see the Jazz and the swift in the same category. Anyone else care give their input?

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
donchichi said:
Wait a second.. you said financial study.. now it changes to relatively cheap and relatively expensive? Can you make up your mind?

I am sorry if I am too vague. Financially of course depend on each individual earning power. My earlier comparison which shows a delta of RM 400 extra for Jazz which may be ok for some and not for others. But the point I was making is for the same car in the catergory you need to pay extra RM400.
This is an illustration only and again depend on individual. This is one view only.

Now if whether is cheap or not depend on individual. Like you said. But if you compare with the cars in the SAME CATEGORY then you decide whether swift is cheap or Jazz\Colt is expensive.
OR Jazz\Colt is fairly priced and Swift is too cheap.? You understand what i am getting at . Is Suzuki Japan subsidising the swift in Malaysia. Or Suzuki has a found ways to cut cost that PPL cannot see.? Both are CBU. Why is the price so much off. Ofcourse we cannot answer that cos we dont know the costing. But think about it.... Normally cars within the same catergory are closely priced. Dont compare City or Vios
cos deferent class and CKD and asean car.

So what are you saying here again? Got competition? or is it really knocking down another car? Easily snatch?

Lets Face reality'.... Given the price of Jazz. Are u saying that Jazz sales will not be effected by Swift or Colt.?
Easily snatch.... Means take away the sales. I am sorry i will be more careful in the words i choose .
:rolleyes:

No doubt.

No offense but in your excitement to put out your thoughts you don't seem to care where you step on. You just changed your financial study to become a relative study. Its great you have excitement for the swift. It is a swell looking car as I said.

No offense taken

Just because the switft came in doesn't mean that car xx and car xx will suddenly drop in sales. Look around you, every Tom, Dick and Harry is buying every single car out there in the market, from Kancil to Ferraris and the jam is getting worse.

Agreed. Just because swift is cheaper than jazz doesn't mean jazz wiil die in this country and Honda Malaysia will close shop.
I am only saying the sales will drop. By how much... time will tell. Just like Avanza and APV. I am sure APV will effect avanza sales. Am I knocking on Avanza ???.

If you're talking about relatively priced, then you would be talkin at how much money you have. Person A the swift might be relatively too cheap for him. For Person B the swift might be just in the right price bracket. For person C, He doesn't look at anything below 3.0l cars and relatively has no budget. So how do you put relatively priced?

Now.. this pricing issue you can blame protong and the government. :) Don't blame the car manufacturers.

I cannot agree with this statement. Car manufactures also
part of the pricing of the car. Some make big profit and some dont. have you heard of economics of scale. Mass production & high manufacturing efficiency can lower Base Manufacturing Cost thus more profit. So final price is also depends on how much profit priced into the car. Govt Tax is a fixed for car in the same catergories.

Somehow I don't really see the Jazz and the swift in the same category. Anyone else care give their input?
Yes Care to let us know why Jazz & Swift are not in the same Catergories. Which catergories is Jazz or swift in.? :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Up to this point, all we’ve had to go on are renderings and speculated details regarding the spiced up version of Honda’s CR-Z, the Mugen CR-Z. Even though deep inside our hearts we hopes it would be all that and so much more, the fact that no actual shot of the car was to be found made it a little hard to swallow.

Now though all that has changed as the first official pictures of the force-fed CR-Z have...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience