Problems of car-nap and break-ins?

saolabi

Known Member
May 6, 2005
South Korea
law on car-crimes aint strict?

Help me out here. Are Mlysn law on car-crimes strict? It doesnt seem strict to me. I'm just passing thru and I read quite a few threads here. The car crime-spree in Mlys is bad. Correct me if I am wrong.

Reasons for these are
1. Not enough patrols are being done by the law enforcement.
2. Not enough on-duty police officers.
3. Building owners(shopping areas) should provide more able private security officers(to make customers feel safe)
4. Building owners should also have more security cameras(even if the camera is palsu -just for show) or better lighting placed/installed in blank spots around the area.(makes car owners or ladies feel(somehow) safer.
5. Not enough neighborhood watch.
6. Need more people to help each other out in apprehending criminals.
7. The most important one of all, I have the feeling these car-nappers get their information from forums such as this. Too much information is given out here where owners give out info on their usual hangouts unintentionally and what cars are being driven. Forums is okay but owners should be more careful when giving out information such as hangouts, phone numbers, emails or other infos too.(Try private messaging)

Here in Korea, people accessorised their cars with stereos, gps tv or any electronic devices you can think of and yet it is rarely broken into. This is due to frequent police patrol going around areas 24hrs. Rarely do u see them lapek around. Also made-believe cctvs are installed to deter any criminals in various areas. Even having an extra security person changes alot(that is if the security isnt a coward-you see a few of them around).
Not only does this deter carnappers but maybe for kidnappers too.

Badger those who can make it happen. ^^Maybe get zth'ians and other club members to sign a petition.

Remember "Mlys boleh!"

ps. I wonder if anyone have actually caught a car-napper from information provided here(curious coz i am new)

Last edited:

Pjam

Known Member
May 31, 2005
sj
agree with u!! we have law here to punish car-napper but...
enforcement in malaysia is not up to mark
police patrol is a rare sight, if there is one, its done for the wrong reason
we r too engrossed with the malaysia boleh thingy, it seems car-napper also boleh

saolabi

Known Member
May 6, 2005
South Korea
the one time i was there in Mlys, I saw a police patrol car passing by looking at the aweks only. So, In my mind, it is imprinted that they are not doing their job to the extend needed. They(some/most of them) get paid for a job not well done. I'm sure there are many police officers that holds thru to their job, but due to some, their image rosaklah.ps.Only my opinion.

Anyway, can I have more comments on things that actually happen there in the Malaysian car scene and what is being done by law enforcement on car-nappers? Where does stolen cars in Mlys get to? (Stolen cars in Korea are usually sold off later in China.)
Local cars in Korea rarely get stolen, but Mercs and Beemers(european cars) are the main targets in Korea. Japanese cars too are quite safe.

Jimbitz

Feb 27, 2004
Petaling Jaya
jimbitz187.cjb.net
believe it or not!

once I read in the newspaper an interview with a convict who steal cars. when he is asked what he want to do when he get out of jail, the convict said, the job that he had done is worth it. meaning he won't mind/planning to steal cars again. *sigh*

saolabi

Known Member
May 6, 2005
South Korea
Jimbitz said:
once I read in the newspaper an interview with a convict who steal cars. when he is asked what he want to do when he get out of jail, the convict said, the job that he had done is worth it. meaning he won't mind/planning to steal cars again. *sigh*
That is why laws have to be toughen so that the car-jackers/burglars/nappers would think twice. Even this convict doesnt seem to be afraid of being caught again and put into the slammer(mungkin hukumannya ringan!)

Just a thought but Photos of these repeated offenders should be put up in public notices/places, No?

saolabi

Known Member
May 6, 2005
South Korea
Also reading from other threads, I found out that there isnt enough police in areas, example Subang. Problem is with urban areas growing, more security are needed. But the main problem cant be solved with more police. I feel that police has limitations on areas they can cover. Therefore the next best option is having more volunteers for nightwatch/neighborhood watch.

Maybe get the Ketua daerah(?) to hire at least a few security personnels to patrol and keep the area safer.<---maybe hoping too much..heheheheh

speedking

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
i Malaysia, we see more car-napper patrolling then police car patrolling...

saolabi

Known Member
May 6, 2005
South Korea
Thats a good one speedking...

Mungkin make those car-nappers a new job. Towing away illegal parked cars. Maybe then they wont carnap. Give them a new hobby.^^

saolabi

Known Member
May 6, 2005
South Korea
t0il3t_duck said:
all police only standby elsewhere that they can earn money...
useless to depends on them.....
Takkan semua ambil wang kopi... If that is so, macam sial benarlah police2 tu..!
Sometimes here, reporters follow cops on duty and majority are caught on tape accepting bribes. There, I might think that bribery may be at a larger scale, no?

Last edited:

saolabi

Known Member
May 6, 2005
South Korea
Real story so stay alert!

Listen here! This is a true story.
There are some stories that says that the pencuri/thiefs are actually the people who sold you the merchandise in the first place.
For example, This certain Shop X sold bodykits to a customer A. Information on customer A is being collected (in a normal shopowner & customer conversation) while installation.
Few days/weeks later, bodykits has been stripped clean from the customer A's car professionally.
After several investigations, detectives solved the case. It was the Shop X owner/installer that stole it back to resell it again to another unsuspicious customer B. Not only has bodykits been stolen, but ICE systems, and tuning parts. The alarm of the car was de-armed by lifting the car up to a certain angle with a towtruck. And spare keys of various cars had been found too.

So becareful coz some taukeh might sell you something and while buying the merchandise, friendly conversations happen where sometimes they ask or you slip out your hangout or home area to them. Then later, they might come looking around that area for you and later, when noone notices, swoosh, your car's been broken into.

jkn

Known Member
Jan 18, 2005
Factors why car-theft is so rampant here:

- No risk, you can call the police while you are being robbed and the police will tell you to report to the station 30 miles away AFTER they are finished robbing you.

- High demand, parts parts parts.

- The people in power to stop crime dont care because they are not affected. They have private security, gun license, etc. So the other 6 million citizens have to suffer.

- The PEOPLE also don't care. Cars are being broken into in BROAD DAYLIGHT during office hours on busy streets and everybody just look the other way.

- No incentive to protect your car. Insurance does not recognise any of your attempts to secure your car with security products. Unlike other countries, where you get discount on your premium.

So, high-profit, low-risk. Car theif is the BEST JOB IN MALAYSIA! BOLEH! Now hiring at your nearest corner workshop and key-maker shop. ;)

chelnick

Known Member
Dec 4, 2003
i still think theft should be given the mandatory death sentence...

yes its harsh.... but it gets the job done....

leviathan

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
selangor
Visit site
chelnick said:
i still think theft should be given the mandatory death sentence...

yes its harsh.... but it gets the job done....
hahah... i agree

saolabi: malaysia dont have enough police officers in ratio compared to the number of population. police force pay is so bad nobody wanna work in the force, also many other reasons that need not be said. jkn also has some good points.

but we do have an advantage also... if we catch the buggers, we can break their hands and legs. police will say good job and keep up the good work :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Like I mentioned before in my previous post, I've been running into many Lamborghinis in recent weeks. Of all the Lambos I've seen, this has to be one of the cleanest examples I've seen. Whilst I'm a big fan of the LP560, and the LP570 Superleggera, I must admit that (visually) I do prefer the LP500. Those...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience