Question Bout WoOfer BoxeS...

Kippo

Known Member
Mar 5, 2005
a sub put in a low tuned ported box will definetly sound better than sealed box with high Qtc.

it is not hard to do tuning for ported box. Just use any simulation software for speaker and model the response that you like. Then find what is the port tuning and calculate the port dimension.

say you like this sealed box sub response but you want it to play louder and lower. Plot that in eg. WinISD and then plot that sub in ported box response. Play around with the port tuning freq. until it either 'similar' with the sealed box response curve or make it go lower.

to play loud i.e SPL, find your car resonance freq. and tune your ported box near (lower or more) your car resonance freq. Make your port area big (at least 50 Sq.inch for 15" sub as air in the port is like a piston. The bigger the betta) and make your box big (so that your sub becomes efficient hence betta with the limited power you have).

nothing difficult here. No need formula here. Just let the software do that for you.

bem69

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
How much does a decent enclosure cost for a 12" sub? Sorry budget conscious newbie here. Any recommendations for places that make good enclosures?

rodneyk

Known Member
Apr 11, 2005
Penang
the price depends on the quality of the box as well
:)
i am not sure bout the exact price
so i shall let some other sifus to explain k?

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
bem69 said:
How much does a decent enclosure cost for a 12" sub? Sorry budget conscious newbie here. Any recommendations for places that make good enclosures?
may cost RM150 - RM250. But DIY it may cost much less.

energie

Known Member
Jul 19, 2004
I know this thread is kinda old, but what installer tells you one spl sub can only play loud but not low?? Errr can calculate which woofer better for SQ or SPL?? I dunno abt Megasound but I know one Acoustic Edge from Pg doing 158+ db using two Adire Tempest in 13+ cubic feet ( dual chambered ) bandpass using the new JBL Crown. This setup rocks & believe me when I tell you it is LOUD & LOW. Rodney, I tell you why some ppl would want anything below 30hz, it simply coz it is awesome. If you have a really powerful setup, anything below 30hz will rock you like a mofo, gives you an adrenaline rush, something similar to base jumping if you know what I mean. It's something us bass junkies feed on to get " high " ;)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Looking to swap standard 1.6 campro for somthing with a bit more grunt. see a few with EVO engines and the GSR turbo, but looking for somthing a bit different. been looking at buying an FTO for cheep and using the 2.0ltr v6 out of that....

first off i'm just wondering if it would fit?
what else would i have to strip out of the fto to make this work?
plus what custom parts would i have to look at getting made?

all help welcome.

live in UK so no probs with putting bigger engine...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience