Not open for further replies.
ICE -In Car Entertainment

Mohawk Audio Stuff! Brand NEW+Warranty!

Ken1778

May 10, 2005
Shah Alam
Mohawk

Hi, thanks for the speedy reply.

The M280 is for my gf. To power orange 1 6" comp set & the 12" woofer. She also crazy with car audio. Hear only I want to buy, she also want to buy. Hai yah........ :p

But I suggent to her no need too high end one. I was thinking that to get her the BLUE series 6" comp set & the 12" sub. Blue series amp also. Which one is the best..... may u can suggest amp ah?

Bass harder lah...... but good for blasting bass!!!!! Boom!!!! :D

I have also check with Mohawk distributer technician at Shah Alam that "Black" M series amp produce better sound quality...... One shop in Shah Alam is selling Mohawk, but pricing........... huh ........ very different lah from what you are offering. :cool:

The Shah Alam shop also selling Black colour comp set. Do you have them???? They said that is the best comp set. I forgot the pricing oledi. May want to go and check it out.

Please help to find out the price of the M280.
The M280 can also power the orange 6" comp & 12" sub, checked/confirmed with the Mohawk technician.

However, I am thinking to get the M2125 for future usage to power 2 set of 6" comp. Than 12" sub with another amp loh...... But, budget constrain lah.........

This one long term project lah..... Than get equalizer ....... than .... capacitor ...... one step at a time......

Awaiting you reply.

Thanks.

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
ken, :cool:

haha, thanx for yr comments. yep, my prices are surely way cheaper than outside. but dun go and tell the shops leh, wait i wun get my supply anymore. haha :p jokin

and the M280, i will find out for u soon. and as for the Mohawk Blue Series, i've heard a full setup before, not too bad la, but i suggest better go for the Orange series, and the sound production is better. ;) the amps, u can just use the blue series, sound quality not bad (good IMHO) either. ;) i've heard them before too.

as for the Black series, yes, their amps are more efficient than the blue series. but as for their speakers, i think the Black is not as good as the Orange and Red Series. Black series go soft after a while, and quite sensitive in terms of 'rosak'. Orange series im using, amp blow also components still can play. :D short circuit once also still can play.:D

The black series is good for SPL, BOOM BOOM...but will go soft after a while as i heard. the Orange series so far is serving me well, and can go both SPL and SQ for our level. :)

and no problem if u wanna upgrade step by step...im also doing that. :rolleyes:

cheers

Ken1778

May 10, 2005
Shah Alam
Hi.

Hi.

How is your trip to China?

Got your msg. Thanks.

Here is the items I need. :p

1. 2 orange 6.5" comp set.

2. 2 orange 12" subwoofer

3. M2125 for 1 only.

4. M280 for 1 only.

5. Pioneer HU that can play CD & MP3. Budget RM 400 - 500.

Can you giv me itemise pricing for all the above.

Good Good discount lah.... :D

How should you go above this transaction?

I am in Shah Alam. Your're in Malacca.

I may be going down to Malacca next week. Not sure yet.

I know where is Mahkota Parade lah....

Ken1778

May 10, 2005
Shah Alam
Hi.

By the way,

You mention that Internet got sell HU?

Can suggest where ah..... which web page.....

Thanks. :p

cyborg8071

Known Member
Sep 7, 2004
Interested in upgrading stock sound system

Hello..Bullet_nos,

I'm really interested in using 12'' subs for my sound system....

Honestly at the moment...using a Kenwood HU, 3-way speakers, 4'' stock comp.
speakers and Rottweiler tweeters...no amps.

As ur really experienced in this field, i would like u to advice me what are the stuffs
I need to power the subs and to get the right quality bass....

Could u also include the $$ list...thnks alot...

Btw..I'm a Malaccan too...

Thanks for ya time...

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
hey guys, im Back in business! :D

ken,
bout the itemized pricing, i think i've pm-ed u already. but as for the M280, i dun have the price yet. i just called my supplier earlier, he's gonna check for me. ;) the i'll compiled a comprehensive quote for u, with discount for sure! :)
as for the HU, hehe, i meant perhaps u can look over in this ZTH forum for any good 2nd hand or new HU's, or like Lelong.com.my or something. im also looking for a good HU ma. ;) cos i cant get a Pioneer that plays MP3 +CD brand new at that price range of RM400-RM500 from my supplier, so i dun think i can give u a better price than what's offered elsewhere. :rolleyes:

cyborg & zen, good to know u guys are malaccan too! ;)
and er...im not sound expert ler. not even close. i only got lubang to get mohawk stuff cheap, and we all learn along the way ma. :rolleyes: cyborg, the Orange 12" sub is RM 270 a piece. what car are u using currently? ok, if u run on a single sub, u can choose to use either the M280, or better still the M2125. these black series are more stable than the Blue, but more expensive. M2125 is RM 620. M280 will find out soon. if u will settle for blue, the MB1000.2 will suffice. its only RM 430! but can power, no prob.
if u intend to use a pair of Orange 12" subs, then i suggest u go for the Mb2000.2 amp. but alternatively, if u have a lot more dough and need really clean UPMH, then i suggest u get a suitable MONOBLOCK amp to kick them. but way more expensive la. Mohawk dun have them yet.

Fluffy, Orange 12" Sub is a DVC 200W RMS @ 4ohms sub. Sensitivity 1W/1M = 89dB. Freq response is 25-2.5k Hz. Voice Coil is 2"(50mm) TIL system. Magnet weight is 40 Oz (1150g). Mounting hole diameter is 249. as for the sub box specs, when u buy the woofer, got the manual to indicate.

cheers guys!

cyborg8071

Known Member
Sep 7, 2004
interested....

Hi again...

I'm currently using a wira aeroback. Back to the subs..if i were to u use a pair of 10'' orange or blue subs, would be it be a great difference in sound quality compared to one 12'' sub??

Furthermore, i'm trying to coverall expenses within my budget and at the same time ,anxious to hear out the quality of Mohawk bass kickin in my car...

About the amp...would the M280 be sufficient for 2 10" subs.?

Thank you for your time and the explanation provided...

One more last inquiry pls.....could u pls give me the cost of sound system plus installation for system...at ur best choice for a beginner like me...

P.S: with discounts provided..... Thanks

Last edited:

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
thanx for the specs man!
one more thing,how much are u gonna charge me for:
-2 orange 6.5" comps
-2 orange 12" subs
-an amp to power the subs(recommendation)

thanx for ur time.

rafiqos

Known Member
May 16, 2005
KL
www.thelizardslounge.com
kawan...the 6.5" orange series can reduce price summore aa?
my budget around RM250.00 hehe...
really interested tho...

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
cyborg,
i think if u use 2 x 10" Orange DVC subs, it would be more powerful than a single 12" Orange sub. but the M280 is insufficient to power a pair of 10". cos if u use 2 channels to power 2 10" subs, the output is only 80W RMS x 2 @ 4ohms, whereas if bridged, it is 240W RMS x 1 (sufficient for a single 12" Orange Sub). if u wan a pair of 10", i suggest u go for either M2125 125W RMS x 2 @ 4ohms = RM 620 (more stable, but power less abit), or the MB1000.2 (Blue series) 200W RMS x 2 @ 4ohms = RM 430 only. will be sufficient.;)
and about sound system packages, i will try to work something out, but i need to know yr budget first. :rolleyes:

fluffy,
2 x Orange 6.5" Comps = RM 660
2 x Orange 12" Subs = RM 540
MB2000.2 Amp (2 x 12" subs) = RM 520

Total = RM 1720.

Discount Price = Pm-ed U!:p

Rafiqos,
for single item sale, no discount can be given. =(, besides, it is way below my cost price!:eek:

Cheers!

Last edited:

bem69

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
bulllet_nos, can PM me the price for same spec like cyborg? I'm interested in twin 10" also.

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
bem, i need to know yr budget also. but i do have a rough suggestion. perhaps u can try getting a pair of 10" Orange Subs = RM 480, and MB 1000.2 to power them = RM 430. Altogether is RM 910. Best Price for U = RM 880!;)

ok, the i got the price of the M280 already, as well as a brand new Pioneer HU that plays MP3 within yr budget.

1. 2 orange 6.5" comp set = RM 660

2. 2 orange 12" subwoofer = RM 540

3. M2125 for 1 only. = RM 620

4. M280 for 1 only. = RM 550

5. Pioneer HU that can play CD & MP3 Model DEH-2750MP = RM 470

Total = RM 2840

Discount Price For U = PM-ed U!;)

Btw, if u want Mohawk cables, u may get them from me also @ good prices.

Cheers

bem69

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
Cool, thanks bullet_nos, now the enclosure you can supply also? I've been slowly upgrading my budget ice, got a HU and 6x9 rears. I heard that 6x9 and Subwoofers doesnt work together? Is that true?

About my budget, I just want woofers that sound good while still having boot space left. So, basically, I need to know what's the budget like heheh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,
Require some advice here; where is the best for money paint job around KL or Selangor, thought of having pearl white on my Skyline V35.
I've seen the next level customz website, these guys quite impressive, have not got the chance to visit the shop in PJ.

What you guys reckon...?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience