Honda city or toyota vios?

littled

Known Member
Nov 18, 2004
Hi there sifus... planning to change a car soon and these two are within my budget. which one should i get and why do u think so? Thanks a lot for your opinons

currently driving a plotong waja... sigh...

BlackHD

Known Member
Jan 29, 2004
Visit site
u want to save petrol then go for city, u want average car with some average power then go vios.

city a bit underpower compare to vios. i mean for smooth driving.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Aiya, you got the budget for both of these cars, save up and wait for the SRM GTi to come out la. :D

Or get BOTH the SRM and TRM for the price of one Vios! :D

W00000t...

rion

500 RPM
Dec 3, 2004
Hartamas
prosupplement.blogspot.com
Normally these all depands on you .U should go test drive both the car
and see the diff yourself.We can give u alots of comment but in the end
is up to u to decide which one u like.

Cheers mate.

simplyredeg6

Known Member
May 24, 2005
Damansara
Vios supporter

Hi. altho I'm a pro Honda, I would suggest the Vios, overall winner maa. summore got looks. sum ppl say City look like speedboat...cheh...

BlackHD

Known Member
Jan 29, 2004
Visit site
or u mean luohon fish?

only IF honda design it nicely, overall it's a very economy car

fooken

Known Member
May 8, 2005
SJ
www.teamcity.rules.it
everyone's poisoining :P

Been a lot of thread in this topic, city / vios

City
Fuel economy
7 speed mode CVT to play with
Large trunk [see to believe]
Rear seat more space
Smooth transmission
3 yrs warranty + free service

Vios
Design same like other car :P
VVTI Engine [more power than i=dsi only]
Center Console meter

*hahah sorry le cause im having a city :P* poison poison

danieL

500 RPM
Oct 3, 2004
if looks go for vios..
if value for money go for city...
correct or not?

but i always support HONDA!!!!!!!

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
My 2 cents worth

i have a City as my daily driver. I will take on a vios anytime?? provided its standard laa... who says the idsi is slow...?? it "feels" slow coz of the ultra smooth CVT. People who are not use to this technology will feel like its slow... but look at the speedo climb..!! i'm not saying that it will eat up b16's ok... but its faster than a vios or waja for a fact... go read the autocar shootout a couple of years back, their choice was the city. even with a mere 88bhp, its 0-100 time was 0.05 faster than the 107 bhp vios. top speed same at 180++ km/h.

why?? coz you get max torque at 2750 rpm on the city and 4200 rpm on the vios. Than the city has an ultra smooth and efficient CVT gearbox. And becoz of this, going uphill.... a mercedes will be suprised... F**K this city, they will say it in their eyes. i have averaged 130-140 km/h after the jelapang toll uphill heading to penang... no shit!!

Build quality is top notch, space is superb (equivalent to an S-class), FC is marvaleous :RM50 = 550-600km, safety in there :EBD, ABS, G-Con, dual air bags. And you get free service, including oil and filters...

I'm NOT saying the Vios is NOT a good car. it is... i've tested it also. But For me... yes its nicer to look at.. but tell me whats special about it?? normal maa.. Drives well also.... but for me ... "The Vios is like Britney Spears, good looks, but not that much substance" :cool:

sonictheory

2,000 RPM
Dec 10, 2004
Selangor, Malaysia
Visit site
aih this type of topic again...best answer is go both showroom and test both car lo...

basically, both also nice car....was asking myself this question also, at last i got myself a vtec city... why? space, performance (vtec mah), FC...actually city looks not so bad wat...

last time when i still wondering which car to go, then saw this vios and city park in a row...then i look look...and i agree, vios looks abit common look...and city is more diff lo...but in the end still ur choice....depends on what u need... like u alwiz wanna carry many thing from one to another, city is the choice....vios is purely for drive nia...city can play 7 speed mode, when vtec sound keluar...fuh, whole body also steam >.<" ...

sorry no offend, just my humble opinion.. its ur choice man, u like vios go for vios, like city go for city lah..

simplyredeg6

Known Member
May 24, 2005
Damansara
Vios Vs City

No doubt Vios has less to shout abt in terms of tech as compared to the City, but the City looks...different. You slap some fibreglass on it to make it look better, and you end up making it look like a luxurious yatch...you fit a goalpost rear spoiler and now it looks like a sporty yet luxurious yatch. To add insult,you fit 4 pieces of 17inches and now the sporty yet luxorious yatch refuses to budge as its now too heavy.

I've been a Honda owner all my life but I ain't gonna spend my money on this City baby, thats for sure. Buy Myvi better.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I was park my car under the tree in morning, when i come back in mid noon, oh my god ! all over the tree dropping around my car,

I just use meguair's quick detailer able to clean out most off the dirt. But only one on the bonnet after clean, the stainmark still there in red color, unable to clean off! although the cleaning surface is smooth,
then i use waxco stain cleaner to wipe off also cannot clean off! even try to clear with wax and polish, still can't!my car is white

dear all, what...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience