Sprint test with B16A

leviathan

??? so power wan... when i use 16v can't even tapau a gti... can keep up la, but can't overtake...

hmm... but i also had a hard time keeping up with ke70 with 16v... maybe body light...

20v_ke35

Feb 7, 2005
Ipoh, Perak D R
cant overtake gti??? on 16V??? i been smoking them with my previous ae80 with ae92 4age redtop non tvis version...like when their can move any more (reach tops speed i think) then slowly (not too slow just around 10 second) i overtake them...speed ?? dont know la man...but then speedo needle exceed 180 km/h even touch the stand there...usually outrun putra is easier than gti. No offence guys, cheers

KE2020

Dec 12, 2003
Ya, may be body light. That's the purpose I mod this car, hahaha

Redtop is 140 hp rite?

george8724

Dec 17, 2004
Kelana Jaya
20v_ke35 said:
cant overtake gti??? on 16V??? i been smoking them with my previous ae80 with ae92 4age redtop non tvis version...like when their can move any more (reach tops speed i think) then slowly (not too slow just around 10 second) i overtake them...speed ?? dont know la man...but then speedo needle exceed 180 km/h even touch the stand there...usually outrun putra is easier than gti. No offence guys, cheers

yo i agree with u and leviathan... AE92 4age 16v stand still pick up is faster than SVT 20v man... coz their 1k-6k rpm is lighter... but as for SVT 20v gotta rev up to 4.5krpm then only the power of vvt mari. For a SVT 20v to tapao GTI and Putra(no offence ya), the 1st gear u will lose to them u can start tapao'ing them with ur 2nd gear bro... somemore if u drive 16v, lagi easier bro...

If ur 16v overhaul,port polish and balance lagi dahsyat.... i have driven b4 bro... it's FAST.... u can feel the engine is damn light and damn willing to rev man... No joke...

If ur SVT 20v overhaul,port polish,balance, TRD 0.8mm metal gasket, put in a set of forged blacktop oversize pistons( 0.5mm bigger than ori SVT 20v piston), ae101 sc conrod and crankshaft, the power is much greater... coz my car just kautim this mod.(being forced to do so coz conrod bearing gone liao.) hehehe...

fritz

Jan 11, 2005
www.mrbaoz.com.my
walao..all car so fast one ar? 16v can eat gti so geng? i also duno tim..wan go eat my fren wit 20v..so lancy tht guy..haha!

KE2020

Dec 12, 2003
Yes, 16V still can play , especially heavy modded with race cam and Weber, even faster.
Any tips from sifus here for light mod?

leviathan

FWD format and RWD format also different....

i cannot win because i got drive train loss la... when i dyno last time only got 83hp on wheels for a 16v la...

on wheel ponies for 16v different from paper spec la... say only 140hp. for a healthy 16v only about 90+ hp on wheels (RWD) donno about FWD though... should be more ler

KE2020

Dec 12, 2003
Means FR has more drivetrain loss rite? But does it have better traction during acceleration? I found that during standstill pickup I can't rev more than 3000 rpm cause will spin a lot, but after moving the traction is better, 2nd gear will spin too, but 3rd gear no more.

george8724

Dec 17, 2004
Kelana Jaya
leviathan said:
FWD format and RWD format also different....

i cannot win because i got drive train loss la... when i dyno last time only got 83hp on wheels for a 16v la...

on wheel ponies for 16v different from paper spec la... say only 140hp. for a healthy 16v only about 90+ hp on wheels (RWD) donno about FWD though... should be more ler

hmmm.... that's strange ....but i heard a lot of ppl ofo say that although the paper spec says is different with the dyno 1 lah..... i dunno how true it is lah but then can try it out loh.... i oso want to dyno my car and see then only will get the answer lah.....

george8724

Dec 17, 2004
Kelana Jaya
rollakid said:
too bad FR lost more hp at the drive train. same engine dynoed in an fr and ff car will be different >_<
So meaning to say an FR and FF with the same engine the hp is different lah ... hmmm... it makes sense oso bro... but FR car got better play lah... ehheheh drifting....FF car can drift oso but gotta tarik hand brake lah... heheheh....

there are advantages and disadvantages loh... that's the thing that we need to giv and take... :)

20v_ke35

Feb 7, 2005
Ipoh, Perak D R
george8724 said:
hmmm.... that's strange ....but i heard a lot of ppl ofo say that although the paper spec says is different with the dyno 1 lah..... i dunno how true it is lah but then can try it out loh.... i oso want to dyno my car and see then only will get the answer lah.....
of cause different...the spec is hp on the flywheel...that means on weight of body, gearboxx..etc. when udyno all thing get calculated, so there will be losses..but dont worry, if on whell still got 83hp, just imagine what putra and gti dyno would be.....for hint just look at it weight spec

rollakid

Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
i've read from toymods australia's forum that one forumer with a 16v small port 4ag powered KE70, target to produce 100rwhp with a light tuned engine. which makes me jumping to conclution that a stock 16v can't get 100rwhp.

alo..sori make noise here...
my aircond got prblm...when i wanna topup my aircond,the shop told me that i have to change compressor...as i know,if the compressor konked,there is no blow air right?but my car still blow the air but not cold...anybody can give advice?thanks...