:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

opet

Known Member
Feb 26, 2005
:blink: :blink: :blink:

nuggyn

Known Member
Feb 12, 2004
i'm in the mist of getting a set of new dampers for my putra very soon.

thought of getting Satria's GTi shocks as it's way much cheaper. Can get about RM120 (front) and RM55 (back) at an authorized KYB seller in Jln Ipoh. In fact, i believe a lot of GTi members got their original shocks from this shop. however, i'm concern with the reliability with OEM parts. what do you think?

by the way, currently i'm using APEX springs on OEM APM shocks.

before this, i was using the APM short stroke absorbers (what's the name huh....yellow colored) with the APEX springs. and i find the height of my car is very much lower, too low for my taste.

and when i switched to APM OEM absorbers (non short stroke) using APEX springs, the height is slightly higher and it's easier to go over bumps as compared to short stroke + APEX.

have thought of getting the Monroe relfex from you, but concern with the bottoming out issue if i use it with the APEX springs.

opet

Known Member
Feb 26, 2005
Originally posted by nuggyn@Apr 5 2005, 11:06
i'm in the mist of getting a set of new dampers for my putra very soon.

thought of getting Satria's GTi shocks as it's way much cheaper. Can get about RM120 (front) and RM55 (back) at an authorized KYB seller in Jln Ipoh. In fact, i believe a lot of GTi members got their original shocks from this shop. however, i'm concern with the reliability with OEM parts. what do you think?

by the way, currently i'm using APEX springs on OEM APM shocks.

before this, i was using the APM short stroke absorbers (what's the name huh....yellow colored) with the APEX springs. and i find the height of my car is very much lower, too low for my taste.

and when i switched to APM OEM absorbers (non short stroke) using APEX springs, the height is slightly higher and it's easier to go over bumps as compared to short stroke + APEX.

have thought of getting the Monroe relfex from you, but concern with the bottoming out issue if i use it with the APEX springs.
[snapback]869660[/snapback]​
bro, fyi, monroe sensatrac/reflex have a same height and stroke with OEM damper.. the different only at its damping rate (bound and rebound). it performs better compare with oem one... i strongly believe with combination of monroe reflex/sensatrac with apex spring, u get the same ride height as u used before (apm oem + apex spring)... dont have to worry for over low ride...

opet

Known Member
Feb 26, 2005
:rolleyes: BUMPS

opet

Known Member
Feb 26, 2005
:D BUMPS :o :D

opet

Known Member
Feb 26, 2005
:P Bumps

nuggyn

Known Member
Feb 12, 2004
Originally posted by opet+Mar 29 2005, 16:01 --><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(opet @ Mar 29 2005, 16:01 )</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-g88@Mar 29 2005, 11:43
question opet, can i use different brand shock for front and rear ?

I believed KYB RS is the stiffer among the 3 brand. I already have friend installed KYB RS is his Iswara front only..rear still stock.

I drove the car feeling very bad...like SGTi 50% handling...very respondsive...but i sitted in my friend 1.6 Wira with Monreo...but it was stiffer then my friend Iswara...no experience on APM Performance yet

So since i going to use back the stock spring for Iswara...was thinking maybe KYB RS from and back something else ??

Pls comment...
[snapback]850194[/snapback]​
practically for normal/daily driving, it should be ok if u use different brand damper for front and rear.. unless u r fast driving driver, then i not recommend b'cos the tendency for car to oversteer or understeer.

what types of springs that both of ur friends used ? oem or sport springs ? sport springs have a lot of spring rate. from low spring rate for normal/daily driving to higher spring rate for competition and track used. both have advantages and disadvantages. it is unfair to judge the characteristics of dampers by using different type of springs. for example, my setup is kayaba rs combined with eibach federn sport spring. i can't compared with my friends setup (monroe reflex combined with sapura leda spring). it is because the stiffness of suspension (for passenger cars) are mainly comes from the rate of the springs. for normal/daily driving yet lowered look, opt for low spring rate sport springs.

if u choose to combined with ur oem springs, it should be fine if u use kyb rs for rear and front setup. furthermore, kyb rs have a higher damping rate among this 3 brands absorber and should offer u a comfortable, stable and responsive handling.
[snapback]851017[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

opet,

you mentioned that you are using Kayaba RS with EIbach springs.

from my understanding, EIbach springs is not really a lowered spring (such as APEX). It's just slightly lower than OEM springs, right?

Then is there any problem if i use Eibach with short stroke springs??

JoNkK

Known Member
Oct 18, 2004
Subang Jaya
Visit site
Yo, bro, where is your location ?
Where can I install it if I purchase from you ?
Any recommendation ? :unsure:

opet

Known Member
Feb 26, 2005
:D To all,

Jonkk: my location damansara perdana. I dont don installation... every tyre shop can do it, because u have to do allignment and camber setting...

aston wira: yes. the price is for 1 unit, not 1 pair... u can compare the price at the other shop for better value for your money..

nuggyn: no, should be no problem if u combined eibach spring with short stroke absorber... even standard (OEM) spring also can combine with short stroke absorber.

:D :D :D

Pace

Known Member
Jun 9, 2004
Opet, is it true that the RS has a lower cup height than the others and OEM thereby giving a lower height with lowered springs compared with the OEM/Monroe etc?

duanz

Known Member
Mar 7, 2005
interested in kayaba rs but too expensive no cash shot..... B)

opet

Known Member
Feb 26, 2005
:D bro,

pace:yup, correct bro... kayaba rs has 1inch lower cup compared to OEM and Reflex absorber.. kyb rs also a short stroke (short piston rod) absorber, thus makes it as a the most compatible damper to use with sport/lowering springs..

duanz:it's ok bro, maybe can change for front setup or rear setup first.. step by step.. depend on ur damper's condition. pelan-pelan kayuh, beb...

opet

Known Member
Feb 26, 2005
:p bumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

'(00): Nothing wrong with a replica version of the real thing - This E60 is too hot a widebody BMW not to be appreciated and much better compared to the gazillion MFives out there :) <b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience