BOT (Bolt On Turbo)

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Last time i yumcha with sifu speed2horizon, the lecture he gave me make me pening the whole night bro. Lol~ I mean it in a good way bro...
He's also driving a 4g92 but not with the P la.... Haha...
Apa pening2 bro~~~???

Hmmm bro I mean I know both are quite bad for the engine but as u said supercharger is more friendly to the engine but why is it so bro? Haha and why is turbo more 'pain' to the engine? Need some lecture.. Ahah

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Hmmm bro sounds interesting... Hmmm when u free? Maybe we should go yamcha wei... Haha with sifu speed2horizon again? Hhmmm
I'm nowhere near to sifu... Just having fun with my Tony(satria)

Err... Pain caused by tc is due to the improper tuning n set up n high boost. If u ask me, I'd think Sc causes more pain. Due to the sudden load when the Sc kicks in on the crank. Unless u have it kicks in at low rpm. Which is a fun thing.

If u go for ultimate power, no tc causes more pain. But low boost turbo for fun driving causes no harm la...

turbo and sc both compress more air and and mix wif more fuel to produce more power out put, in return, more heat is generated, however, sc normally lower in boost,so heat generated not critical like turbo, turbo used hot exhaust gas to spin and usually boosted more high than a sc, therefore more heat been generated, sc normally used independent lubricant but turbo share wif engine, turbo is hot and yet it also heated the oil that will recirculate back to engine, there are more facts, i do a lot of research last time, i can google and wiki about pro and cons of turbo and supercharge...

a very good example, turbo is mounted to ur exhaust, u can feel that hot right??? imagine how hot if the oil passes near there and go back to ur engine and hurt.... but after i done my research, turbo is my way, sc is not efficient enough since it use ur ori engine crank power to generate more power, there is power loses in there..... turbo got lag but it can be minimize, similarity to both is that both need extra care, that is all i can say, too long to write here....
Sorry ah... Oil temperature can be safe if they're kept not higher than 130C. If they exceed, properties of oil can change and effect less lubrication. Problem can be solved by adding an oil cooler. I'd say oil presure adenoids critical...

Though higher boost, but retard of ignition at high boost n rpm range can prevent premature detonation. No problem.

High intake temperature, no problem, sufficient intercooler solve the problem.

High combustion chamber temperature, we can reduce afr to run it safely too...

As long as ur tuner can stay clear with what he's doing. No problem...

BTW, GEFoRCeeXTREME... U u've my number wad... Call mr la...

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
Apa pening2 bro~~~???

Err... Pain caused by tc is due to the improper tuning n set up n high boost. If u ask me, I'd think Sc causes more pain. Due to the sudden load when the Sc kicks in on the crank. Unless u have it kicks in at low rpm. Which is a fun thing.

If u go for ultimate power, no tc causes more pain. But low boost turbo for fun driving causes no harm la...

Sorry ah... Oil temperature can be safe if they're kept not higher than 130C. If they exceed, properties of oil can change and effect less lubrication. Problem can be solved by adding an oil cooler. I'd say oil presure adenoids critical...

Though higher boost, but retard of ignition at high boost n rpm range can prevent premature detonation. No problem.

all the info i know sir...:wavey: it just that i though all sc boost at low end to generate more low end power??:rolleyes: normally the sc kaki here at my place always charging even idle(+boost),but con is, they cant boost high lol...... smoked with my evo 4 engine...:biggrin: i 100% agree i.cooler, oil cooler, proper tuning can become cure or painkiller for the turbo, but wat if both placed at same condition, no i.c, oil.c, no proper tuning?? i think turbo blown 1st cause happened to my fren, play wif another fren's sc without tuning, the sc lose cause "off" the charging, but after 2 laps of 0-400 drag, piston pecah lol....... engine is, 4g15p "cheap" b.o.t , with gsr i.c, no oil cooler, with tdo4 gsr but stock internal, boosted at 0.5bar, dunno y blown, maybe he buy 2nd hand emanage but din go for tuning... lol...

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
all the info i know sir...:wavey: it just that i though all sc boost at low end to generate more low end power??:rolleyes: normally the sc kaki here at my place always charging even idle(+boost),but con is, they cant boost high lol...... smoked with my evo 4 engine...:biggrin: i 100% agree i.cooler, oil cooler, proper tuning can become cure or painkiller for the turbo, but wat if both placed at same condition, no i.c, oil.c, no proper tuning?? i think turbo blown 1st cause happened to my fren, play wif another fren's sc without tuning, the sc lose cause "off" the charging, but after 2 laps of 0-400 drag, piston pecah lol....... engine is, 4g15p "cheap" b.o.t , with gsr i.c, no oil cooler, with tdo4 gsr but stock internal, boosted at 0.5bar, dunno y blown, maybe he buy 2nd hand emanage but din go for tuning... lol...
What about seeing it this way. Both untuned BOT and BOSC... Running on CRUISE ONLY... Turbo will remain as vacumn manifold pressure. But SC will always runs on boost.

What do u think. To my opinion, when it comes to modding... The first thing to be consider is tuning and management. Wether or not it's SAFC or EMB or etc.

Mod may not need to be expensive. But need to be right and suitable.

BTW, ur friend bought a second hand unit of EMB, but installed without tuning. What if the previous runs on NA. Or maybe the previous owner runs on extremely high ignition advance. Not only the EMB will not safe the engine, it may cause even more damage to the engine.

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
What about seeing it this way. Both untuned BOT and BOSC... Running on CRUISE ONLY... Turbo will remain as vacumn manifold pressure. But SC will always runs on boost.

What do u think. To my opinion, when it comes to modding... The first thing to be consider is tuning and management. Wether or not it's SAFC or EMB or etc.

Mod may not need to be expensive. But need to be right and suitable.

BTW, ur friend bought a second hand unit of EMB, but installed without tuning. What if the previous runs on NA. Or maybe the previous owner runs on extremely high ignition advance. Not only the EMB will not safe the engine, it may cause even more damage to the engine.
:wavey:yes sifu, i understand wat u mean, not all modification, it is that all cars nowadays need tuning, all ecu even oem are tuned by the original manufacturer, i know that tuning is a critical thing, last time my mivec turbo but stupid wireman do wrongly, make all my tuning all wrong also, full tank 150km only:banghead: but now moded to evo 4 with 4wd still get 300km per per full tank:love::love: i m not here to argue or show off but to share, sorry i m noob..:bawling::bawling:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
:wavey:yes sifu, i understand wat u mean, not all modification, it is that all cars nowadays need tuning, all ecu even oem are tuned by the original manufacturer, i know that tuning is a critical thing, last time my mivec turbo but stupid wireman do wrongly, make all my tuning all wrong also, full tank 150km only:banghead: but now moded to evo 4 with 4wd still get 300km per per full tank:love::love: i m not here to argue or show off but to share, sorry i m noob..:bawling::bawling:
Wuish... me no sifu bro... Just sharing what I know. Good that u mentioned tuning matters. Cause most of our automotive enthusiate only believes in hardware than management. It's like having really strong muscle but not a healthy brain.

No worries. Constructive arguments can be beneficial. Cheers...

Aikawazzz

Known Member
Aug 3, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hmmm bro I mean I know both are quite bad for the engine but as u said supercharger is more friendly to the engine but why is it so bro? Haha and why is turbo more 'pain' to the engine? Need some lecture.. Ahah

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Hmmm bro sounds interesting... Hmmm when u free? Maybe we should go yamcha wei... Haha with sifu speed2horizon again? Hhmmm
Lol~ Can la... You ask speed2horizon boss first. I anytime also can.

Apa pening2 bro~~~???

Pening cause i can't absorb all the info you explain to me at once bro. Must process abit la...
Still very noob at BOT... Lol~

mediocre2

Known Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hmmm bro s2h, I know sc is for pick up right? But u said a sudden load on crank I don't understand this part.. And about turbo's heat, the oil that goes thru the turbo will recirculate back to the engine right? Then about the engine oil cooler, how does it work? Is it necessary?

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Hmmm bro s2h, I know sc is for pick up right? But u said a sudden load on crank I don't understand this part.. And about turbo's heat, the oil that goes thru the turbo will recirculate back to the engine right? Then about the engine oil cooler, how does it work? Is it necessary?
#1. Sc is like our ac. Activated by magnetic clutch. Depends on which rpm u want it to kick in. The TURBO SANG made it a smart way. Activated by button. Like FAST N FURIOUS NOS. Some use rpm activation like shift light. So, load us sudden. Tuning could be a problem.

#2. Oil from turbo goes into the oil sump/pan.

#3. Oil cooler can be tapped from the oil filter. Add an oil cooler adaptor to direct the oil to a cooler before entering the filter. Not something necessary. But something good to have. It's good to keep engine oil below 130C.

Calling for TT session for BOTers.

Venue: Mamak beside Dominos
Time: 9:00PM
Date: 16/11/2010 (haji eve) or 19/11/2010

Name:

Last edited:

mediocre2

Known Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
#1. Sc is like our ac. Activated by magnetic clutch. Depends on which rpm u want it to kick in. The TURBO SANG made it a smart way. Activated by button. Like FAST N FURIOUS NOS. Some use rpm activation like shift light. So, load us sudden. Tuning could be a problem.

#2. Oil from turbo goes into the oil sump/pan.

#3. Oil cooler can be tapped from the oil filter. Add an oil cooler adaptor to direct the oil to a cooler before entering the filter. Not something necessary. But something good to have. It's good to keep engine oil below 130C.

Calling for TT session for BOTers.

Venue: Mamak beside Dominos
Time: 9:00PM
Date: 16/11/2010 (haji eve) or 19/11/2010

Name:
okay bro, hmmmm im working at sunway le. hahaha somewhere nearer? XD and about this sc and tc thing, the oil which comes out from the turbo will be very hot right? this is the thing that i dont understand... and erm about the sc, the magnetic clutch is always in the supercharger rite? hmmm further more info can i personally ask u? hahah or can i get ur hp number? thanks otaii

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

and if u could maybe change the location, i might be able to come (; hmmmm maybe on 18/11/2010

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
okay bro, hmmmm im working at sunway le. hahaha somewhere nearer? XD and about this sc and tc thing, the oil which comes out from the turbo will be very hot right? this is the thing that i dont understand... and erm about the sc, the magnetic clutch is always in the supercharger rite? hmmm further more info can i personally ask u? hahah or can i get ur hp number? thanks otaii

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

and if u could maybe change the location, i might be able to come (; hmmmm maybe on 18/11/2010
Yes. The oil from tc is hot. But it doesn't matter. It'll go directly into the oil sump n mixed with the not so hot oil. That's y u need to mod ur oil sump with an inlet from the turbo. As long as U can make the oil stays below 130C, u're safe.

On an SC, magnetic clutch is like the magnetic on ur AC compressor. It's always turning. But without activating the clutch by 12V, the spinning pulley won't turn the SC. U'll still be on NA, but heavier load.

Change location??? Haha... Sunway traffic jam and expensive. 18/11 is not a good day. Need to work the next day.

Same! Haha I sesat come only lah :burnout:
Laa... Easy only. Once u enter Connaught highway, there are shoplot on ur left. After the BHP station, u go slowly. U'll see Suzuki. Mamak is at the same row.

mediocre2

Known Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hmm bro but the oil in the oil sump will eventually be hot also right? So what do u mean by modding the turbo? Hmm what is necessary to keep the oil below 130c? And bro can u change the date and location ar? Got work le... XD

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
The water in the block n turbo will cool down the oil. Radiator will do the job. Maybe get a double layer. If u need more cooling, may opt for an external oil cooler.

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

The water in the block n turbo will cool down the oil. Radiator will do the job. Maybe get a double layer. If u need more cooling, may opt for an external oil cooler.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Hmm bro but the oil in the oil sump will eventually be hot also right? So what do u mean by modding the turbo? Hmm what is necessary to keep the oil below 130c? And bro can u change the date and location ar? Got work le... XD
that is why u'll see engine oil cooler came from most high performance turbo cars...even some with small cooling fan fitted..

(*and sometimes it still not enough for heavy abuse) :adore: