Peugeot reveals new Le Mans prototype

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

Peugeot is hell bent on reclaiming the Le Mans title from Audi’s iron grip, especially following the last race that saw all three of their machines drop out with the same problem.

Audi’s dominance is courtesy of the oil-burning R10 TDI that lead onto the current winning force that is the R15 TDI. While Peugeot shot back with the 908 HDi FAP, it still hasn’t really broken the four ring’s dominance.

This time around, Audi are upping the ante with the R15 TDI Plus, obviously sporting some improvements to strengthen their vice grip on the title. Nonetheless, Peugeot have something up their sleeves too in the form of the 90X, a next gen Le Mans prototype designed to meet the 2011 race regulations.

While the prototype has been undergoing extensive testing on tracks around Europe, Peugeot haven’t divulged much on the machine yet, save for the fact that it incorporates a ‘shark fin’ over the engine cover to keep the car on the ground in the event of a crash.

For one thing, the 90X is rumoured to have a more comprehensive hybrid drive train than the current braking–regenerating system in the 908. In the mean time though, we’ll just have to wait for more deets from Peugeot and be satisfied with the three shots released.

Source: Autoblog

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
nice try pug..

but audi still have more in their sleeve..

battle of supremacy....this is le-mans at its best (in current day)....don't count groupC high days la...sure C car better in term of raw power... :adore:

LotusDiablo

Aug 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I think some facts in the story need pointing out.

Audi is not 'upping the ante with the R15 plus'. Audi's 2011 racer will be called the R18. The R15 plus was the car that swept the podium at La Sarthe this year.

FYI, the engine regs for 2011 are very different. No more 5.5L diesel engines. It will be a lot smaller.

The rear fin is compulsory on all LMP cars next year.

Also the pic above is just a test mule based on the current 908 racer. Peugeot has said the real 2011 prototype will look different.

The Peugeots have been the dominant car against the Audis in races in the Le Mans Series, American Le Mans Series and the 24hrs of Le Mans, eversince the 908 made its debut. Audi's have won at the 24hr race (except 2009) not because they were strong but it seems because they have been incredibly lucky. Similarly Peugeot made mistakes also and handed the wins to Audi. In 2009 the Audi R15 was shitty.

Audi has a great Le Mans race team built around the machine but the machine itself needs to be stronger and take control of the race rather than hope and pray that something bad would happen to Peugeot, which has been the case since 2007.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I parked my car outside Vista Prima Condo carpark in Bandar Bukit Puchong around 0200 05/8/2007 and went up to my friends place and hang out until 1700 05/8/2007. When I came out to look for my car the car has already gone missing!

My car is a Perodua Kelisa Silver color which looks new and no modifications. The car plate number is WMT 5135.

I've reported to the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience