all 4g93 na owners out there!!!!!!

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
rotationperminute.blogspot.com
i'm not sure about the c99. if i'm not mistaken, it is wira limited edition that use 4g93 right? as far as i know, most of the engine which is imported from japan got speedcut. there's a rule in japan - 180km/h speed limit.... even in skyline. so since most of the halfcuts here are imported from japan, so that means the ecu will have the speedcut. the c99 was assembled here in malaysia, so it wont have the speedcut since it is not japanese domestic model.

do correct me if i'm wrong :)

darkness3299

Known Member
Sep 13, 2005
KL
i'm not sure about the c99. if i'm not mistaken, it is wira limited edition that use 4g93 right? as far as i know, most of the engine which is imported from japan got speedcut. there's a rule in japan - 180km/h speed limit.... even in skyline. so since most of the halfcuts here are imported from japan, so that means the ecu will have the speedcut. the c99 was assembled here in malaysia, so it wont have the speedcut since it is not japanese domestic model.

do correct me if i'm wrong :)
yeah its from wira LE 1.8. im using the complete set (engine/wiring/gb) since the original owner sell it off to me and convert to gsr 210. even w/o using the rsm, it can still go 220+. the c99 is assembled in malaysia but as far as i know, for the first batch, the engine is flown directly from japan. they just open the box and installed here and voila, wira 1.8 :biggrin:

difference in ecu perhaps? mine is 5573.

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
last time i also faced the same prob with my 93t cylinder head. got hydraulic lifter sound. sooo annoying. u need to service the lifter. if u r lucky the problem will solve.. if not then u have to change to new hydraulic lifter. it cost a bomb for new one!

fazid88

Known Member
Mar 1, 2009
helo all...my ride is standard stage 1 r3..no modification except haltech interceptor and k&n filter...exhaust cheap one since the original one broke and have to find a replacement in a hurry :( dynoed at gt-auto 134whp....
any advice from sifus here for more power? heheh
thinking of high cam but need stand alone for that..

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
134 whp for 4g93 is quite good. there are still spaces for improvements. i think u can already use high cam since u have the haltech interceptor. btw how much did u buy the haltech interceptor?

fazid88

Known Member
Mar 1, 2009
bought in around 2.8k at gt-auto...its possible to use high cam with interceptor? someone told me idle will be bad though and the car wont be good for daily usage...im using the car daily so thinking of high performance with good usability...
i look around and it seems the cheapest high cams for 4g93 is from tomei...im aiming for maybe around 180+ on wheel...and advice for that?

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
bought in around 2.8k at gt-auto...its possible to use high cam with interceptor? someone told me idle will be bad though and the car wont be good for daily usage...im using the car daily so thinking of high performance with good usability...
i look around and it seems the cheapest high cams for 4g93 is from tomei...im aiming for maybe around 180+ on wheel...and advice for that?
AFAIK the cheapest billet cam in market is duratech cam..how much does the tomei cam cost?

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
yeah. with management you can already install high performance camshaft in your 4g93. mine last time with j5 ecu (stock ecu rechipped by matspeed) can still fed my 300/288 matspeed camshaft in my cylinder head :P. the only prob was that the car hard to idle when i turn ON my air-conditioning. i can say, no drivability. no comfort.

btw, since drivability is your main concern, i suggest you to choose camshaft duration below 288. preferably 272/272. if you go for full race spec camshaft such as 300-316 of duration, then you can say sayonara to drivability. idle gonna be very rough then.

its kinda hard actually to build 4g93 to achieve 180whp without aggressive camshaft duration. my friend 4g93 achieve 165whp on dyno dynamics with 288/288 matspeed camshaft, ported and polished 4g93T cylinder head, b16b intake , 70mm tb and 82mm mivec piston + stock ecu. might go pass 170whp if he tune it with management.

4g93 is very good engine to play with. with proper setup it can go pass 200whp mark. i've seen one already :)

fazid88

Known Member
Mar 1, 2009
i heard one super 93 achieving 200whp..its a putra,tuned by gt-auto...
currently my sr3 might be using the 269 cam(from what i heard sr3 has more aggresive cams than sgti)..so an upgrade to 272 might get me around how much?
matspeed cams are regrind rite? i heard they always fall out of place?
im thinking of high cams,super throttle body or ITBs...but still first step is i need a stand alone..
how did ur friend achieved all that with stock ecu? he's using mmc or vdo?

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
my friend who got 165whp is using mmc ecu :) actually matspeed camshaft is good. i've been using it for a long time before i converted to mivec head. and you know what, i've also seen JUN camshaft broke. hehe. since matspeed camshaft is reground camshaft, the increase in hp is not as much as billet camshaft. billet camshaft is always better if u have the budget.

btw i know that putra. he got 191whp on dynojet. if i'm not mistaken he use JUN 304/304 camshaft on his putra. the other one is sgti. he got 200.4whp on dyno dynamics. he use RPW 316/316 camshaft. those are super 93.

if your SR3 is in stage 2, then your camshaft is 269. if stage 3 is 272. stage 1 if i'm not mistaken still using std gti/93 camshaft. the only difference between SR3 engine and other 93 is SR3 using piston that is 1mm bigger than other 93s which is 82mm in size.

btw, if you wanna use ITB, i suggest u to go for full programmable ecu aka standalone :)

fazid88

Known Member
Mar 1, 2009
the piston is slightly bigger? i didnt know that...means the compression is lower then?

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
if tomei cam starting from 2.2k better get tomei cam..duratech cam also around that price...
fr what i understand the bigger the piston , the compression will be higher

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
@fazid88
the bigger the piston , the better in terms of performance. thats from what i read from R3 brochure.

last time if im not mistaken the tomei camshaft + valve spring cost around rm2900. on the other hand the duratech is rm2400 complete with valve spring.

@egnine
btw mr egnine. how's your project? hehe.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i guys, i have been looking around for a ke70 with a 4age to be a play car and a learning car for a rwd platform. i have checkout a few Ke's with 4ag and most of them that are within the budget are in very very bad condition. i know it is suppose to be a play car but it has to be roadworthy and not be an aquarium and a rust bucket. i have seen some decent onces in standard form. looked around at few shops for the halfcut and it is pretty scarce now. granted it is as old as i am. so anyone...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience