It’s party time with the Ford Fiesta

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

The Ford Fiesta has just landed on local shores and is ready to shake up the small car segment with an impressive list of features and pricing that will rival vehicles a segment above it. <b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>

Having already sold over a million units globally since 2008, the Fiesta is offers a segment first dual-clutch Powershift transmission that will surely be a hit with local motorists.

“The Fiesta has the ideal blend of eye-catching design, technologies and outstanding driving dynamics. It’s a great example of our One Ford strategy at work, creating a compelling package and value that contains what customers around the world are looking for – then fine tuning to suit regional preferences,” said Dave Westerman, Ford Export Operations Regional Manager, Asia Pacific.

The Fiesta holds the honour of being the first One Ford global car and was launched in Europe back in 2008. It soon found its way to Southeast Asia last month and was duly prepared for a fourth quarter launch here.

While there are a few plants around the globe producing the Fiesta, the variants offered in the local market are from Ford’s assembly plant at Rayong, Thailand.

What sets the Fiesta apart is the features that are packed into such a compact offering. The engine gets Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing engine while power reaches the front wheels via a Powershift dual-clutch with 6 speed automatic gearbox. Other features include the usual Bluetooth and Voice Control technology as well as a Capless Refuelling system.

With such technology packed into the drivetrain, the Fiesta delivers a best-in-class fuel consumption of 5.9-liter for every 100km driven.

On the whole, the Fiesta compromises of an expressive exterior that is refreshing and stylish that is based on Ford’s global kinetic design. The use of fuel-efficient powertrains, combined with quality materials and features that are class-leading promise a vehicle that will appeal to many and prove to be quite a value buy.

There will be three variants on offer here, the 1.6-liter Fiesta Sport that packs a 120hp four-banger mated to a six-speed Powershift transmission, a 1.6-liter Fiesta Sedan LX ith the same drivetrain as the Sport model and a 1.4-liter Fiesta LX that pushes out 96hp and is mated to a five-speed proper manual gearbox.

On the road pricing for the models stands at RM82,888.00 for the 1.6 Fiesta Sport, RM78,888.00 for the Fiesta Sedan LX and RM69,888.00 for the Fiesta LX.

For More, Visit's Ford Malaysia: http://www.ford.net.my/

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Great car...worth buying :biggrin:

Light blue dashboard and steering...:stoned:

p.s: I really dun kinda like the designs of the seats with some kind of spiral design on it...that's just not right :banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
@Supra Fanatics
You can always upgrade it anyway.

Was there last night when they were launching. Really a cool looking car ...
no money :bawling:
Anyway, don't really upgrade seats especially if the car is new.

Ya, but the dashboard and steering really must upgrade...all put carbon sticker :biggrin:

jombiee

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Ghombau
no chance to upgrade ICE system ?...hmmm, yeah that light bright blue dash...euuwww.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
blue interrior :hmmmm:

later turns into "blue" scene

drMpower

May 1, 2006
how many hours and how many ringgit they spent on biscuits during meetings then they decided that hideous blue is the best colour for their interior? including the steering wheel!

skint skint and skint

u made me pay 1 ringgit short of 70k for that blardy thing?

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Have you guys seen one in person?

The build quality is really bad...

andysky5

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Jul 25, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
I agree the blue dashboard really a No No.......turns me off....who decide on the color must really be quite funny :P

azameel

Known Member
Jun 8, 2006
maybe it'll look better when you see it in person
just being optimistic :hmmmm:

syam cook

Jul 7, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
blue interior is for lowest spec i think, 1.4 model. other spec get black interior? correct me if i am wrong..

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

the silver decoration at front bumper look very nice and sporty in release picture. Why for our market they change it to chrome.. Sporty don't play with chrome thingy la.. haiyoo... why always give malaysian with merepek merepek finishing.. who was advise them to change the part for our market. Hishhh..

Vox

Known Member
Jul 2, 2008
seen this car when its launching. agree with Zeroed.

the realistic car looks cheapo. interior looks cheapo as well. maybe for this 1.6 spec la. Not so sure, but what i have seen on the real car is really looks bad. outside still okay, but inside = Ohhhh my gooddd.

if i'm not mistaken, fiesta got higher spec rite? like the 1 Ken Block driving :U:U:U

RONIN

Known Member
Jun 22, 2004
go showroom yesterday.. car in good quality material (especially the front door) but somehow look something not neat finishing... Good spec but i think Mazda2 finishing better... anyhow already book test drive to feel the accelaration :d

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone smell this before inside your car?

I smell this for quite a long time and my workshop can't diagnose it.

Anybody can help here?

Thanks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience