New Proton Inspira now available for booking!

PowerMonster

Known Member
Nov 27, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
I'm not too sure about to previous few models doing too well, I don't have the numbers so I can't comment.. What I have is the presence of these cars on the road. Understand that a manufacturer cannot survive by just enough numbers, they need a lot, wira was a very successful model, the numbers sold ensured survival and growth. Thats vital to make back for the investment spent on the toolings. As a user we want vehicle to be cheap, good, no problem...and all that so it's not easy for a local company to enjoy success by it's own without help. Not like proton is not trying, but locals just don't give them room for error. The GTR suffered gearbox failure in the first 2 revision by the launch control and yet people forgive them, proton just have to screw up on the power window and they're blamed for not doing
their job. Let proton grow by giving constructive comments, bashes will only demoralize them, givie some and take some. The world works better that way. My opinion

My sentiments exactly. Go check the forums on BMW and MB or AUDI for that matter

eg - The M5 BMW E60 plague with SMG gearbox problem - car costing 750k ++ - Supposedly the most terror BMW... but nightmare owning it.. sell also nobody wants now

eg - The S Class has never ending problems with the gremlins in the electronics - car costing 800k++ - Supposedly Automobile of the Future ??

But i guess many of such owners too PAISEH to tell about their bad experience. Asalkan bukan Proton - mesti diam diam lor and eat humble pie.

I dont work for Proton and not PRO-PROTON, but facts are- eventho 3.5 out or every 10 cars on the road are Protons, I hardly see any PROTONs breaking down in the middle of the road with overheating etc.. But i do see many BMW, MB and KIAs with that problem ... You want proof? take a drive up GENTING during school holiday, you will know what i mean.

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
I guess proton serves as a punching bag the day it was conceived using the rakyats money, that probably gives the rakyat the rights to wallop proton, no? technically, the rakyats are co-owners of the brand,so to speak.

To make matters worse, proton is protected by gomen in ensuring that the rakyat has no alternative (used cars are not in the equation) but to buy proton by gomens price manipulation of imported cars.

The grand finale, Proton is funded using the rakyats money, protected by gomen and still produces shitty cars at prices that will keep the rakyat in debt for 7 to 9 years. The car is probably condemned even before the loan is fully serviced.

Proton will earn a little of my respect the day they produce a car that is really affordable from protons own fund and not the rakyats.

I will cut some slacks for the brand though, which brand in this world that are defect free? but I am being critical the moment it touches my hard earn money. Period.

The Inspiralution floodgate has just burst its banks.

Those authentic Evo X, Lancer GT owners, what can I say? Better luck next time?

Last edited:

khellvinne

Known Member
Aug 15, 2010
Johor Bahru
My sentiments exactly. Go check the forums on BMW and MB or AUDI for that matter

eg - The M5 BMW E60 plague with SMG gearbox problem - car costing 750k ++ - Supposedly the most terror BMW... but nightmare owning it.. sell also nobody wants now

eg - The S Class has never ending problems with the gremlins in the electronics - car costing 800k++ - Supposedly Automobile of the Future ??

But i guess many of such owners too PAISEH to tell about their bad experience. Asalkan bukan Proton - mesti diam diam lor and eat humble pie.

I dont work for Proton and not PRO-PROTON, but facts are- eventho 3.5 out or every 10 cars on the road are Protons, I hardly see any PROTONs breaking down in the middle of the road with overheating etc.. But i do see many BMW, MB and KIAs with that problem ... You want proof? take a drive up GENTING during school holiday, you will know what i mean.
hey, this i totally agree man~!!
Just see the percentage of Proton & BMW on the road.
i can tell u that BMW have alot of problem since my grandma time.
they use to called "Bila-bila Masuk Workshop"
My ex-boss is a good example, he owned 2 BMW, but never ever this 2 BMWs can park together infront office, cuz 1 repaired, 1 breakdown.
Take another example, if there is 30% Proton can breakdown on the road, and 60% BMW breakdown, definately u'll see proton having the more number, as their sells is hight.
think, what will happen, If BMW sells is same as proton.:mad:

keevan

Known Member
Mar 6, 2006
SumWhereInEarth
Hi alll

I m partly disagree with some comments, dont compare BMW, MB with protons....BMW and MB almost high class product, u got 5 figures income monthly then u can owning one of them, compare honda, toyota, mazda with protons.....most of malaysian looking for affordable and reliable car....many of us wan to buy new car instead used one.... the choice for most of us got is proton ...but trend changes now days...new persona for 54k or used 2005/06 vios 58 to 60k many choose vios.... come most of us dont want mivec or paddle shift....electronic stability control bla bla in car...look at toll gate how many protons pay toll by opening the door not the power window....same issue for 25 years...power window rosak, air cond leaking, lampu tarak..dashboard ada tikus dalam banyak bising screw longar....tak sampai 3 tahun...dah ada karat keluar....proton spent millions for RND and buy lotus...

I used to own 2 protons before..... now into japanese civic and vios....
I m not anti proton...just wan wat we pay for....

cheersssssss

DanLoveAde

Jul 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi alll

I m partly disagree with some comments, dont compare BMW, MB with protons....BMW and MB almost high class product, u got 5 figures income monthly then u can owning one of them, compare honda, toyota, mazda with protons.....most of malaysian looking for affordable and reliable car....many of us wan to buy new car instead used one.... the choice for most of us got is proton ...but trend changes now days...new persona for 54k or used 2005/06 vios 58 to 60k many choose vios.... come most of us dont want mivec or paddle shift....electronic stability control bla bla in car...look at toll gate how many protons pay toll by opening the door not the power window....same issue for 25 years...power window rosak, air cond leaking, lampu tarak..dashboard ada tikus dalam banyak bising screw longar....tak sampai 3 tahun...dah ada karat keluar....proton spent millions for RND and buy lotus...

I used to own 2 protons before..... now into japanese civic and vios....
I m not anti proton...just wan wat we pay for....

cheersssssss
Agree ... actually it depends on the driver and how often people maintain their car ... I personally drive a honda accord 1994 which never breaks down unless I never maintain it that's all ... Now my accord is 16 years old still works fine =D

superfly

Jun 20, 2006
www.damnfastkelisa.com
Thumbs for proton! Not everyone into modding cars,so not to worry about inspiri-vo or watever u called it. Having the same engine as mitsu but price is lesser than a lancer for almost 20-35k looks good for me. All those who says "top-up" sket dapat ori.......CEIT POODAH! Got extra 30k to give away ke? Beli DVD pun pirate RM10,takmau topup another RM30 for original DVD....

"Sad for lancer owner" - what's there to b sad for? u buy mitsu,then u ursef know its mitsu.if u buy proton,then u ursef know its proton.it looks like msian have a way of thinkin on "buy car to brag" rather than own satisfaction.wat about for example subaru's owners,if they bought the version 9 for example,but people who bought version 7-8 and converts it to version 9?i never came across to any remarks of people saying pity version 9 owners pun... BIAS!

converting cars is a business.dun blame the nature of converting cars.blame the buyer.bann chopshop car la to stop piracy,simple.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
thats y la, last time proton so cocky when wanna join venture with VW, if not, proton will have the rebadged passat, gti, polo.......now no choice...gotta ciplak the lancer.........

say YES to piracy. DVD's i mean. haaha

bubblebee

Known Member
Dec 14, 2007
LOL.....
what are u talking about man???
subaru ver.7 convert to ver.9?
its still subaru ma.....
what if BLM convert to subaru ver. 9?
:stupid:
dont compare BMW,AUDI,MERC to proton....
its way too far, u should compare proton with vios,city etc.

keevan

Known Member
Mar 6, 2006
SumWhereInEarth
Bro...Wat u mean by conversion...tat one kedai bawah pokok can do la.....just bring one wira and one half cut evo 3.... maximum 3 days ur car will be wiralution...pay RM1000++ enough for formen and 8000++ for half cut...settle....ini 25 tahun sudah bukak company... gaji engineer ribu ribu satu bulan..... rnd center bikin juta juta...kilang besar satu airport.... tepuk dada cakap..ada lotus kita punya...tapi pinjam barang mitsubishi bikin kereta..apa da...

Opt-ion

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2006
Yea gonna buy this PROTON INSPIRARA, convert all the bodykits to EVO X and kill all the Lancers owners. And yet nobody knows... Hahahaha that is what I'm gonna do with my PROTON...

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
Bro...Wat u mean by conversion...tat one kedai bawah pokok can do la.....just bring one wira and one half cut evo 3.... maximum 3 days ur car will be wiralution...pay RM1000++ enough for formen and 8000++ for half cut...settle....ini 25 tahun sudah bukak company... gaji engineer ribu ribu satu bulan..... rnd center bikin juta juta...kilang besar satu airport.... tepuk dada cakap..ada lotus kita punya...tapi pinjam barang mitsubishi bikin kereta..apa da...

hehe :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All,

Anybody have done this mod..? Which Ferio model that suit to wira? How's the installation, need many alteration on the bolt & nut? Cost... Bumper only, with lip & sportlight.

Thanks,.

ZAM
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience