New Proton Inspira now available for booking!

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
same chassis, same engine...

interior all same... just that the steering got differance logo.

exterior just bumper differance...

seen here already have lancer gt... wonder y MMC deal this model with proton???

should have deal on the mitsubishi lancer IO... the 1 that sell in Taiwan. at least there are differance.

link:
http://www.carspyshots.net/showthread.php?t=15397
looks like saga blm to me :biggrin:

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
mivec 1.8 and 2.0 not bad wat, why the hoohaa on rebadging issues? coppycat thingy??

every manufacturers has the rights to copy, its a business decision and non related to a handful of original lancer owners, i have frens whom are lancer gt owners too, so what they can do?

its the same blardy thing like u buy a phone, after 1 month or so there will be another model with similiar functions with the current model.... so how?? u buy again??

buying it or not, its entirely up to individuals on their affordability and mindset.

i aint no proton lover nor i hate proton either but seriously its up to ppl's choice and conception about this Inspira.

last time wira also copy lancer, so any big deal? and i still own a wira until now....

ppl still keep it and its affordable with abundance of spare parts everywhere, and can be a real good transporter from A to B.

just becos u guys has more choices over this and everyone is making a big hoohaa over it, doesnt makes sense at all.

but all i wanted to say its, this new car is seriously overpriced.

mdadlan

Oct 12, 2005
smart guy get it UHUK and i'm one of it uhuk x5 ihik x4 even PROTON give a hint to go to halfcut warehouse for evo x part(bydisplaying half of the front cut of inspira) ihik x5 uhuk x3 and for the ori lancer dont cry please lah grow up... for national crap thing please check toyota that rebadge daihatsu boon to toyota passo and subaru rebrand toyota passo to something and aston martin rebadge toyota iq please lah lah lah update ur knowledge and can u please take IQ test maybe u need to go to autism class or something uhuk x5 ihik x3

Massive_InfusioN

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
Selangor
The car is nice! before this the test car driving around Shah Alam covered the front Grill, so can't really see the car's front end, which is well designed. The rear section like what i see is 90% like lancer GT's , but looks like Proton Inspira's lamp is slightly smoked at the rear.

kelv!n

Known Member
Jul 28, 2006
Mitsubishi should be happy that they get hefty loyalty fees from proton since the lancer gt is gonna have replacement model soon.. so it wont pretty much affect Mitsubishi sells anyway.. in another hand proton will be able to use the 4B11 and 4B10 engine for RND to come out with their own engine for campro or whatever pro 1.8 and 2.0.. isn't it good that the proton might be able to learn a thing or two from Mitsubishi stuff? anyway is just my 2 cent although i still am doubtful about this car in terms of reliability and safety features =S

sixtythree

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
Quite sad to see numbers of bashing comments here..
C'mon guys, its totally a business decision by Proton. Lotsa car manufacturer in the world have and currently doing this rebadging (recent example, Aston Martin currently rebadging Toyota IQ to Cygnet...)
I was understood that since c-segment model does not contribute much to Proton sales, they decided that it is much wiser to utilize their R&D fund to develop A & B segment cars, which enjoy more sales volume all the while.
Nevertheless, I was hoping Inspira to be priced lower a bit though.

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
I'd like 2 chip in as well..i'm not Proton hater nor do i really support them.....
but rebadging d Lancer into an Inspira is surely a step backwards......coz Proton haf proven they can come out w relatively good cars own their own,ie Persona & Satria Neo(i heard still very minimal defect complaint).
n yes,2 those who pointed out dat rebagding is quite d "trend" nowadays,i kinda understand.....but thn again,by rebadging a model dat's now readily available in d local market is still ok...example,v dun haf d Toyota Passo here...so selling d Myvi is actually ok.....but rebadging d Lancer whc is being sold locally into an Inspira.....hmmmm..i do feel sad 4 all current owners n also Mitsubishi salesperson....
but wat 2 do?our car industry is never sensible anyway...
we'll c wat happens in a few months time....
cheers....

p/s:i do think dat d new Inspira is overpriced too.....

nafiiio

Known Member
Aug 22, 2006
You know whut ... Mitsu is very clever company, they made Evo X with high cost RnD but how they gain back the return ? by selling large volume of Evo X ?? NO ... of cos with the high sale volume of the Lancer GT!!

Same goes to Civic type R and normal Civic ..

Proton even smarter, the've got Lancer and rebadge into inspira ... what is the most important objective of a company ? Profit !!!

do u know how much the cost of RnD for the new car ??

When most of the car maker companies fall during the recession .. Proton stand still .. i have to agree, they're quite smart. Thanks to new SAGA and Exora. They make money rather than lost ...

I still remember most of proton basher here are praying for that Proton company to gulung tikar during the recession..

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
b4 this i was quite confident proton will come out wit newly design,better car after they hv their own R&D team, with trademark proton R3....and the results is Proton Inspira :biggrin:
i wonder hw much do Proton R&D team will get as 'Bonus' to come out with this new model:driver:
damn they r so......:hmmmm:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

While the primary focus of tuning is still very much on the Nissan GT-R, its smaller cousin, the Nissan 370Z, is still getting its fair share of attention from the tuning houses.

Senner Tuning is the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience