beetween emanage(blue), ems1 or ultimate emanage

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
ultimate is double of the price of blue... but the difference between these 2 only minimal... even using same 16x16 table but the difference only on 0.5% and 1% incremental which giving ultimate better in fine tuning... if u have the budget u can go for ultimate... or else u can take blue is more than enough....

why spent a standalone cost but running on piggy? might as well use piggy though...

u can also refer to my posting at the other thread; management for campro 1.6...
Hmm...

EMB
-AFR Mapping direct alteration of the stock Mapping
-MAP sensor is only to read anything beyond the stock MAP/MAF sensor of the OEM
-Can't incorperation Wideband O2 for autotunning
-1 Mapping storage at a time
-No rev limit change(Some did it with the injection harness with signal from the external injectors)
-No data loggin within the EMB
-No for fun features

EMU
-AFR Mapping can be independant. Meaning to say, U key in the targetted AFR instead of +/-
-MAP can replace the OEM MAP/MAF. The MAP sensor react directly to the Mapping of the EMU.
-Able to autotune when plonk in Wideband O2 sensor
-2 Mapping storage at a time-change with a push button
-Can change rev limit to higher/lower - mapping based on EMU, not stock ECU.
-Able to datalog with the EMU
-Launch control

Just to share some of the difference that justify the price.

ryzzal

Known Member
Jun 24, 2004
speed- true what u r saying, but not many customers willing to pay double of the price as compared to how much modification done to the engine... if the engine has only minimal mod, the amount of investing in ultimate will not justify... or i would say how difference it can be as compared to blue... d roi may not satisfied the owner... thn the blame will be on tuners... on d other hands, if d engine has lots of mods, by all means all emu function can be fully utilized and significant improvement will satisfy the owners....

btw, not many customers may understand the true meaning of piggyback... all they know is when they invested in piggyback wit minimal mods for engine, they wants miracles from tuners...

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
speed- true what u r saying, but not many customers willing to pay double of the price as compared to how much modification done to the engine... if the engine has only minimal mod, the amount of investing in ultimate will not justify... or i would say how difference it can be as compared to blue... d roi may not satisfied the owner... thn the blame will be on tuners... on d other hands, if d engine has lots of mods, by all means all emu function can be fully utilized and significant improvement will satisfy the owners....

btw, not many customers may understand the true meaning of piggyback... all they know is when they invested in piggyback wit minimal mods for engine, they wants miracles from tuners...
YES... I'm also using EMB. Still achieving satisfactory result. Just need to understand the product properly... Then u'll know what to expect.

Cheers.... But the thing is, I'm not too sure if the EMB can alter the signal from the seimens. VDO

ryzzal

Known Member
Jun 24, 2004
i have tried on vdo... the customer installed in 1 of the famous shop, they sent tuning with me... during tuning time the setting didnt revert back to ori mapping but not sure now... can reconfirm if the customer comes back to me to check... hes running on emb wit basic harness only

Aikawazzz

Known Member
Aug 3, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
What thomas is doing for you is auxilary fuel injection system... Can also be done with EMB/EMU, with an inejctor harness for auxilary fuel injection. All u need is the RPM/MAP and TPS signal.

But that's because u're Bolting On turbo where stock injectors are insufficient to supply the fuel to produce good mixture when boosting.

In other words, he's using a Interceptor as an external Injector Controller. Something like a Greddy Rebbit Injector Controller.

In this case as TS has mentioned, he did not went into forced induction. So, auxilary fuel injection will only mess up more.
What bout ignition timing then? I've been to a few famous tuners but apparently only GT-AUTO can get it right for me...

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
What bout ignition timing then? I've been to a few famous tuners but apparently only GT-AUTO can get it right for me...
I'm not sure about VDO... But I think interceptor can intercept every signal. Or maybe interceptor is using it;s own mapping like EMU. So, it works like a standalones except the idle and AC is controlled by the OEM ECU.

lancer7891

1,000 RPM
Nov 12, 2006
hi all bro..

just wanna ask..

is EMU can be used for MIVEC RS CK2A, 1.6 engine? Any suggestion which shop can tune the EMU or EMB in this engine..kindly PM me the cost of installation and etc..

Cherzz..

Aikawazzz

Known Member
Aug 3, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
I'm not sure about VDO... But I think interceptor can intercept every signal. Or maybe interceptor is using it;s own mapping like EMU. So, it works like a standalones except the idle and AC is controlled by the OEM ECU.
Lol~ Just to share with you bro. When i got the interceptor, there's no base map for my car and even most of the tuners couldn't install the wires correctly because they dont have the wiring diagram. I had even emailed the Haltech guys to ask for help. Only Thomas could do it for me in the end and you're right... During close loop, everything will be controlled by the OEM ECU but when boost kicks in then there's where the interceptor will start working as a piggyback.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Lol~ Just to share with you bro. When i got the interceptor, there's no base map for my car and even most of the tuners couldn't install the wires correctly because they dont have the wiring diagram. I had even emailed the Haltech guys to ask for help. Only Thomas could do it for me in the end and you're right... During close loop, everything will be controlled by the OEM ECU but when boost kicks in then there's where the interceptor will start working as a piggyback.
Everything can be set in a standalone. Thomas gained his reputation throughout the years, not in a day. Of course he knows what he's doing...

And interceptor is a hybrid of standalone and piggy, I guess the mapping can be customized as well.

so, ur suggest???
if u have good budget, go for standalone.

Piggyback=alteration the OEM mapping according to the set up of te engine. Still, all oem sensors have to be maintained.

Rechip=using an empty chip and install a program n mapping that are customized according to ur set up.

Standalone=a complete ecu that are customized and built only for ur set up based on the capability of the ecu features.

There are 2option above that claimed to be compatible on the VDO, they they both priced about the same. I'd recommend a haltech instead.

ashyu90

Known Member
Oct 3, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
speed: thakz for ur advice...my budget is below than 5k for management...some people suggest go for emanage blue...some people said buy ultimate emanage...and some people suggest use sprint 500...the problem for me is...which one suitable for campro...

Aikawazzz

Known Member
Aug 3, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Everything can be set in a standalone. Thomas gained his reputation throughout the years, not in a day. Of course he knows what he's doing...

And interceptor is a hybrid of standalone and piggy, I guess the mapping can be customized as well.

if u have good budget, go for standalone.

Piggyback=alteration the OEM mapping according to the set up of te engine. Still, all oem sensors have to be maintained.

Rechip=using an empty chip and install a program n mapping that are customized according to ur set up.

Standalone=a complete ecu that are customized and built only for ur set up based on the capability of the ecu features.

There are 2option above that claimed to be compatible on the VDO, they they both priced about the same. I'd recommend a haltech instead.
Yeah, i agree with you. So when you wanna get a standalone? Haha...

---------- Post added at 01:52 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

speed: thakz for ur advice...my budget is below than 5k for management...some people suggest go for emanage blue...some people said buy ultimate emanage...and some people suggest use sprint 500...the problem for me is...which one suitable for campro...
Piggybacks you can opt for Unichip or The Interceptor. EMB i'm not too sure cause I've asked alot of pro tuners and they told me can't alter the ignition timing.
Ask for the standalone, if you dont mind a used unit you can source for E6X la since your budget around 5k... As i know the Sprint 500 is a super basic standalone and a used e6x is around the same price. Might as well you get e6x like that...
Just my opinion la...

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Sprint 500 is a standalone, everything will comes below ur budget.

Yeah, i agree with you. So when you wanna get a standalone? Haha...

---------- Post added at 01:52 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

Piggybacks you can opt for Unichip or The Interceptor. EMB i'm not too sure cause I've asked alot of pro tuners and they told me can't alter the ignition timing.
Ask for the standalone, if you dont mind a used unit you can source for E6X la since your budget around 5k... As i know the Sprint 500 is a super basic standalone and a used e6x is around the same price. Might as well you get e6x like that...
Just my opinion la...
Standalone will be at later stage. Rechipping my ECU would come before that. I wanna learn more about rechipping and then try to share it inthe forum for the growth of the Malaysian Automotive.

Emanage ultimate uses it's own ignition timing map. It's like interceptor.

When u say Sprint 500 is a super basic standalone, it still comes with sequential ignition/injection. Just less input and output. Good enough. But compare to interceptor, price lebih kurang je...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My ride ride wira 1.6.
When i drive through the uneven road.
it has the sound like hitting on the car 'king kong king kong', don have the squeaky sound.
Can any one tell me whats is causing the sound?
and also the cost to repair it. thanks.:adore:

tried other wira, not prob. ONLY mine.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience