Bring down Wira weight to 900kg!!!

William_Chee82

Jun 2, 2009
Too all the sifu, I do need advice of hw to reduce the weight of my wira

I am currently driving a Golf GTI plus a Wira wt a 4G92 single cam (m)....

I wld like to convert my wira to be a half street n half track...my first target is to reduce the weight...

I do luv the Wira sedan alot...
1.I am looking is to replace the front bornet wt a lighter part example corbon fiber or fiber.
2. I am looking ppl tht do make the rear bornet lighter, maybe corbon fiber or fiber
3. any idea hw to take out all the seat plus the rear seat
4. any part I can safe the weight frm the wira???

Do hope all the cifu can help me by giving good pint of hw make my car lighter...forget abt all the JPJ rule.....

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
first step..empty your bonnet..including removing your spare tyre,tools,floor boards,carpets,plastic panel cover...

-remove seats and carpets..also replace driver seat with lightweight bucket seat....front passenger seat also remove...with a set of spanners u can simply remove the seat...just require some time and energy to do it alone....

-remove door panels,replace power window with mechanical winding type(or better fix window that can't be opened)

-use some thinner and scrapper to scrap all tar-soundproofing materials on the body...

and replace all four window with plexan clear plastic type window...

my bet...less than 900kilos of weight....

---------- Post added at 01:57 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

if u want to use your car for drag...then u can cut and remove so many metal from the chasis...

but if u want handling and chasis strenght..better to do double stitching welds/spotwelds to prep the chasis..and add rollcage...offcourse u will increase the weight back..but not much....

Last edited:

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
Too all the sifu, I do need advice of hw to reduce the weight of my wira

I am currently driving a Golf GTI plus a Wira wt a 4G92 single cam (m)....

I wld like to convert my wira to be a half street n half track...my first target is to reduce the weight...

I do luv the Wira sedan alot...
1.I am looking is to replace the front bornet wt a lighter part example corbon fiber or fiber.
2. I am looking ppl tht do make the rear bornet lighter, maybe corbon fiber or fiber
3. any idea hw to take out all the seat plus the rear seat
4. any part I can safe the weight frm the wira???

Do hope all the cifu can help me by giving good pint of hw make my car lighter...forget abt all the JPJ rule.....
- air-cond system you still wan arr? that removes A LOT of weight oso.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
yep..remove all aircond assembly including compressors and its bracket,heat exchanger in front the radiator,cooling coil inside the dashboard and all the pipes including its filter-dryer...left only the blower working to keep a breeze blow when u stuck in traffic jams.... :adore:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
drags car usually use modified empty aircond gas tank as a replacement :adore:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Replace the battery with lithium-ion type. It it supposed to be the best weight reduction mod in term of cost-per-weight ratio.

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Replace the battery with lithium-ion type. It it supposed to be the best weight reduction mod in term of cost-per-weight ratio.
Lithium-ion battery for car? How, where and price?

I add on more: replace the roof with aluminum type.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
where can i go for double stiched the chasis?
workshop that familiar with track and rally cars were the best place to drop by....

one located in nearby pjs 2...MRU motorsports.... :adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Korean Chaebol - KIA Motors is out to impress with their upcoming and newly designed next generation Kia Forte – Cerato in other markets and K3 in Korea’s domestic market, having sold over 445,000 units globally in 2011 alone.

<!--more-->The next-gen Forte (as it’s known in Malaysia) will be provided with a newly and futuristically designed exterior that will be longer, lower and wider whilst...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience