My car is getting old and no insurance wants to cover it

Wanggot

May 22, 2006
Jay Bee
I drive an 95" Ek and next year she will turn 16yrs old lady(form 4 aredi). Insurance will expired end of this year. Now using Takaful Ikhlas but next year they dowan to renew it anymore. Asked Takaful Nasional oso dowan. Kurnia and Jerneh may accept but have to pay excess charge and other loading... Got any other choices out there ke? Thanx.

fairy

500 RPM
Aug 24, 2007
try aig.. but they changed their name to something else d..

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
i'm using jerneh...no increase in premium. EG, 18 year old. but the benefits sucks big time. these sort of things need somebody with inside cables...

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
bro,
u may contact me if u want, i have berjaya sompo & kurnia insurance agency. the premium will be standard except you need to pay extra 15% loading (more than 15years old car). if you got full 55% ncd, the increase not much.....can be done within 15mins.....
cheerz

Wanggot

May 22, 2006
Jay Bee
i'm using jerneh...no increase in premium. EG, 18 year old. but the benefits sucks big time. these sort of things need somebody with inside cables...
Bro what do you mean big time sucker? Very troublesome ka Jerneh?

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

bro,
u may contact me if u want, i have berjaya sompo & kurnia insurance agency. the premium will be standard except you need to pay extra 15% loading (more than 15years old car). if you got full 55% ncd, the increase not much.....can be done within 15mins.....
cheerz
Never heard of Berjaya Sompo but will have it check in the internet. Thanx bro evo z

newuy

Known Member
Jun 19, 2006
i'm using chartis(formerly AIG).
95 eg..but there is a 25% or 30% loading depending on age of car.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
wanggot...not sucker but their benefits not that many...like towing n all that. didnt even give me umbrella when i renew. next renewal i'm going for another company with better benefits.

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
hehe old cars no need insurans mar thats y no insurans want to cover :biggrin:argue with some insurans ppl when try to renew insurans n roadtax b4.....'if u don't want to renew my insurans,if i get summons from police or Jpj coz driving with expired roadtax,i'll ask u to pay' :biggrin:
3rd party also don't want to accept lastly i used MAA :burnout:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
Evoz...which 1 provides the best free towing services?
both provide towing service but honestly - kurnia coz they have riders for faster service if minor repair & breakdown....they even do follow up calls after settling the repair or towing.

Bro what do you mean big time sucker? Very troublesome ka Jerneh?

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Never heard of Berjaya Sompo but will have it check in the internet. Thanx bro evo z
berjaya sompo is actually berjaya general insurance (BGI). the office opposite time square owned by Berjaya Group. good claims.....

wanggot...not sucker but their benefits not that many...like towing n all that. didnt even give me umbrella when i renew. next renewal i'm going for another company with better benefits.
since last year, all insurance company do not provide premium gifts anymore but dont worry if renew with me, i still got some stocks...specially for ZtoH members...:)
hehe old cars no need insurans mar thats y no insurans want to cover :biggrin:argue with some insurans ppl when try to renew insurans n roadtax b4.....'if u don't want to renew my insurans,if i get summons from police or Jpj coz driving with expired roadtax,i'll ask u to pay' :biggrin:
3rd party also don't want to accept lastly i used MAA :burnout:
3rd party can issue - now they must have puspakom B5 inspection sheet....bit troublesome...try 1st party with rm10k sum insured..bit expensive but save the hassle.
:proud:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Evoz...yah i heard bout the kurnia riders too but their towing service is within a certain range rite? i'm just thinking my car is getting old n have to get ready for middle of nite towing hehehe.

Wanggot

May 22, 2006
Jay Bee
i'm using chartis(formerly AIG).
95 eg..but there is a 25% or 30% loading depending on age of car.
Heard bout the AIG from a fren. From what I heard it is quite OK. I did some research, why izzit Loading @ Excess charge are different between insurance companies? From what aspect did they calculate these charges?

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
Evoz...yah i heard bout the kurnia riders too but their towing service is within a certain range rite? i'm just thinking my car is getting old n have to get ready for middle of nite towing hehehe.
within 10km radius and every additional 1km they charge rm1/km...much much cheaper than roadside towing. repair is foc but u need to pay for the parts e.g petrol or battery etc.

idlan

Known Member
Jan 8, 2007
try using the Etiqa insurance.
the loading only for 20years above...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We reported recently that Tony Fernandes has acquired British sportscar manufacturer Caterham. The Team Lotus principal did so by buying out Caterham’s previous owners, Corven Ventures, and was listed as a director of Caterham on 12 April. Nonetheless, Fernandes elected to keep Caterham’s current Managing Director, Ansar Ali, at the helm...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience