balancer shaft removal

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
imo, we have to find what causes the said failure rather then removing it. oem placed it there instead of doing a full balancing on the whole assembly, there must be a reason for it in terms of reliability and comfort.if it does fail, there must be for a reason, i strongly believe dat sir. what i can think of, the bearings fail for sum reason, and seeing dat dis failure only occurs in sum engines only, makes me think dat whether the owner is not one to be sensitive on noise. bearings make lotsa noise before it fails fyi, a loud humming, whining noise. anybody had dis failure ever come across dis or, it just failed all of a sudden jer? not likely to happen imo, but not impossible either.

lets all troubleshoot during dis festive season, shall we? lol

i must get a life laa, raya dah ni.. still online zth kaaa? selamat menyambut eidul fitri to all

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
Power the balance shaft belt loe... I've yet to a those kelvar belts snap :)

Spend so much on the other stuff. Tambah sikit for some peace of mind laaaa

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
i dont understand alucard, raya mood is in, i just understand kuih raya jer now, lol

i was just thinking, is there any marking on the balance shaft pulley? can it be dat the balance shaft was not aligned properly when it is installed in or when the timing belt is removed and is installed in? i can understand if the balance shaft is not aligned properly as it shud, the whole balance of the assembly wud be off, and dis wud affect the vibration dampening capability and wud amplify it at the resonance point (everything has its resonance point fyi, everything), and wud be very damaging if its run at dis point for a long duration. dat wud really explain the bearing failure, and y the belt may have snapped and causes damaging results.

to think dat the balance shaft is fitted in all 4g63, i dont dare think dat mitsu havent found a replacement for it in their billion dollar research on dis engine alone.. it must be there for a reason imo

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
i cant thank you enough for providing us with the diagram alucard :adore:

so there may have been misalignment of the balance shaft then? i dont see many mechs give attention to these additional markings when installing the timing belt, the one dat does, ive never heard any issue on the balance shaft causing any trouble from their work. interesting..

jameswwt

1,000 RPM
Mar 7, 2008
i cant thank you enough for providing us with the diagram alucard :adore:

so there may have been misalignment of the balance shaft then? i dont see many mechs give attention to these additional markings when installing the timing belt, the one dat does, ive never heard any issue on the balance shaft causing any trouble from their work. interesting..
Agreed & Thanks Alucard...:driver:

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
Hey... no probs guys. Glad to be helpful. I have that from the engine manual for the 4G63. But it got hijacked by my mech now. I'm sure you could get this from the googling :)

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
mood raya sir, not into doing any research rite about now. dis is a new issue for me, prior to dis i only knew people remove the said shaft to increase power jer..

spuzzle

500 RPM
Aug 23, 2005
Kuantan / Perth
some updates- vr4 block without balancer shaft installed and the result is superb!! very good response at low rev and very very minor vibration to notice...oil pressure all fine, as normal...still running in mode...anyone can reccon what mileage to run in?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
just be careful of dat vibration, resonance can even kill big bridges sir..

chrissyong

500 RPM
Aug 14, 2007
some updates- vr4 block without balancer shaft installed and the result is superb!! very good response at low rev and very very minor vibration to notice...oil pressure all fine, as normal...still running in mode...anyone can reccon what mileage to run in?
if want running in the engine,better is 5000km for safety

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
did u just potong the balancer shaft or did u use a eliminator kit??
coz i heard if you do it the proper way there will be almost negatives plus u reap all the benefits
but this method is definitely more costly than just simply potong :banghead:

spuzzle

500 RPM
Aug 23, 2005
Kuantan / Perth
did u just potong the balancer shaft or did u use a eliminator kit??
coz i heard if you do it the proper way there will be almost negatives plus u reap all the benefits
but this method is definitely more costly than just simply potong :banghead:
kumar, i send the oem balancer shaft to machine shop and machine it to the spec of the eliminator kit...so u can call it home made eliminator kit:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i hav an old K&N air filter for carburettor and i wanna install it in my nissan sunny DIY. should i change the filter of should i just buy the oil and apply it only??? if so where to buy the oil....i am living in cheras...

and will the new air filter affect fuel comsumption?

thank you
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience