Eterna V6TT ECU reflash/Rechip

mkdreamervl

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
PJ
Hey guys, wonder if any sifu or anybody knows where i can reflash/rechip my eterna V6TT Ecu ? i read somewhere that its better to maximize ur current ECU's capabilities before adding on a piggyback.

Any help would be most welcome !!!

P/S : Alot of other v6TT would love to know about this too :)

Thank you and Happy Boosting.

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Hi mkdreamervl,
I guess you can't re-chip the V6tt ECU (MD180563 or 0564) as it is not support by external EPROM.
However, whether adding piggyback or not, it is advisable to REBUILT your V6tt ECU now as they already reach their limit of lifespan and is subject to fail at any time from now. A good REBUILT work will be able to bring back its original reliability and performance that will last you for another couple of years.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Hi mkdreamervl,
I guess you can't re-chip the V6tt ECU (MD180563 or 0564) as it is not support by external EPROM.
However, whether adding piggyback or not, it is advisable to REBUILT your V6tt ECU now as they already reach their limit of lifespan and is subject to fail at any time from now. A good REBUILT work will be able to bring back its original reliability and performance that will last you for another couple of years.
hmmm never heard of ecu rebuild before :hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:

pijulrs

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
hmmm never heard of ecu rebuild before :hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:
It can be done bro.Just replace the old electronic part to a new one.Make sure the part is Jepang mali...not taiwan,china or malaysia made.i have done it before as my VR4RS ecu was too old.The man that do it for me is just ordinary tv repairer technichian.In KL, I met one pro tuner can do it in Puchong.

mkdreamervl

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
PJ
Hi mkdreamervl,

Any idea how much would it cost to rebuild my ecu bro? And duration needed to rebuild ? I think it makes sense to rebuild before adding a piggyback as ori ecu error = piggyback error.

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Cost to rebuilt a MD180563/64 ECU is not more than 300, that comes with one year limited warranty. This price is applying for the ECU that is not in faulty condition. If the ECU is faulty, cost to rebuilt it back will be double or even higher, depend on how severe the conditions.
Materials we use are from reputable Japanese company that has (1) higher performance and (2) longer lifespan than original materials . This is to ensure that the ECU we rebuilt is able to fully gain back its reliability and performance. We always put our customer's safety in our priority.

It is NOT recommended to let the TV technician to handle the ECU simply because they are not train to handle life threatening products. For eg, if they make mistake on the TV, they just blown the TV. But if they make mistake on the ECU, it is not only the ECU is in trouble, the driver's life will be in danger as well.

Following pic shows before and after rebuilt of a badly burnt MD180564.

Attachments

Last edited:

pijulrs

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
Cost to rebuilt a MD180563/64 ECU is not more than 300, that comes with one year limited warranty. This price is applying for the ECU that is not in faulty condition. If the ECU is faulty, cost to rebuilt it back will be double or even higher, depend on how severe the conditions.
Materials we use are from reputable Japanese company that has (1) higher performance and (2) longer lifespan than original materials . This is to ensure that the ECU we rebuilt is able to fully gain back its reliability and performance. We always put our customer's safety in our priority.

It is NOT recommended to let the TV technician to handle the ECU simply because they are not train to handle life threatening products. For eg, if they make mistake on the TV, they just blown the TV. But if they make mistake on the ECU, it is not only the ECU is in trouble, the driver's life will be in danger as well.

Following pic shows before and after rebuilt of a badly burnt MD180564.
My ecu work find now bro.Has been working for about 5years without fail.The technician that done it working as a technician in INTEL company before.He quite his job n open his own electronic shop at my place
.You also have your own shop?Where is it?Please PM me ur contact number also.TQ

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
levin;
what if the TCU already gone haywire, can u rebuild it and make it better?
i mean, maybe becoz of the chips already gone bad while the board/circuitry is fine?

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Hi arabi, Zulkifli, my contact is 012-2988960. Please let me know how can i help.

Sarutobi san, i have no experience on that you mentioned.

speedchaser

Known Member
Sep 21, 2004
KL & Ipoh
I can vouched for levin818's (Wong) work on refurbishing ECUs. He did up my 6A12TT ECU which is working beautifully. I think at the moment, he's one of the best in the country.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

fark.. they broke into my car again! arghh!
this is the second time they suceeded.. same time, same wheather.. same place in front my house... 6am with slight drizzles.
amazing how they managed to smash my window without any sound!..
and again my player is gone (eventho i took out the detachable front panel)

i managed to catch a glimpse of them and wanted to give chase... but as i got out they threw the garbage bin and tiles at me and they fled! damn assh*les..
4 of them on 2 bikes...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience