Idling problems on B16a after porting

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
guys...really need yr advise here.

my idling not stable.its stuck at about 2k rpm(warm engine) and if i set the idle down lower, the engine will idle like a hi-cam. auto-choke and throttle body aredy changed 3 units still cant idle normally. ori TB also cleaned and all vaccum hoses checked - no leaks. when he close the auto-choke(air in-outlet) then idle will go down to about 1.1k but when on aircon will drop to about 200rpm(engine at normal running temp) if cold start on aircon, engine will straight die off. tried retarding the dizzy to the max, then idle(on n off aircon) will be normal at about 900rpm. problem is if retard to the max, then totally no power. anybody has any idea whats the problem? before did the porting n top overhaul never had this problem...issit cos aredy done porting thats y A/F setting all gone? another question...is it normal to have a little hissing sound at idle after porting? something like air being sucked type of sound...

dcloo

1,500 RPM
May 11, 2005
kl
get an management will help you out causse your car could run too rich/lean AF ratio

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
DC...only a small PnP can cause so much difference in the A/F mixture? engine is all stock. except for the porting done...

dcloo

1,500 RPM
May 11, 2005
kl
yah thats wat i tot so too...but the mech said is normal after porting...is it true?
if you have any any model AFC around you can install and test it sure its will settle your problem or your ECU was chipped you can try others chip its might be help also

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
ECU is still standard woor...i was told that porting would not require any piggyback or standalone management to control since the A/F still within the standard ECU range. i kena conned issit? there's no way i can afford standalone or even a VAFC now...repair costs so far aredy estimated at about 1.5k....

die la...my FC without tuning sure will kill me

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
head porting...he said only less than 1mm of material was taken off...
Ok it sounds like a terminology thing here.. 1mm of material - er.. you talking about skimming the head? Or the intake ports / exhaust ports?

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
urrrm...not skimming(by skimming u mean flatten the surface where they put the gasket?)

wat he did is enlarge the intake and outlet ports(the guy says to make it breathe easier) - port n polish rite?

sorry ya...my first endeavor into engine modding...before this oni mod small stuff hehehe.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
urrrm...not skimming(by skimming u mean flatten the surface where they put the gasket?)

wat he did is enlarge the intake and outlet ports(the guy says to make it breathe easier) - port n polish rite?

sorry ya...my first endeavor into engine modding...before this oni mod small stuff hehehe.
Oooh.. PNP. Yup yup.. I don't think incorrectly done PNP will affect your idling. But if you have a leak somewhere I'm quite sure that will. Can you identify where the hissing sound is coming from? A faulty gasket or a loose pipe?

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Oh btw, does honda have a FICD? Perhaps yours rosak and need a new one

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
FICD...to control aircon on idling n cold starts rite?

b16a use a thermostat type valve that checks the water temp+ cutoff when aircon turns on. the guy called it an autochoke...dunno whats the right name tho. he said he changed 3 different units but still same problem...

anybody done pnp on b16a before? will there be a hissing sound since higher volume of air being sucked in? quite hard to trace the hissing sound. i tried that day n almost burned my face on the hot intake manifold...engine noise + the heat really making it hard to trace...but my mech mati mati say is normal for a pnp engine to have that sound...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
honda doesnt have ficd.

this calls for.... HONDATA.....
Sifu honda finally in! Just want to ask though, why would PNP affect the idling in a b16a? Too much air? Non-adaptive ECU? Anything that can be manually adjusted? Or perhaps ECU reflashed?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi folks,

Anyone here have experience doing the engine balancing? What i know, for make ur engine more lighten.

Is there any reliable to this?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience