Things to look out for when getting an old 240Z, 260Z, 280Z, 280ZX

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
RHD....a little hard to overtake with hehehehe USD6500 will be at least 20k excluding 100%+25% taxes not to mention the freight and insurance costs......hmmm...its doable. but very costly.we all need to poison thangoh a little bit more hehehehe

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
umm, right hand drive means the driving position on the right! LOL. not LHD. its mostly an import by the american soldiers while in japan, haha! so hence a RHD that is in usa, haha. i think its way better than spending money on the 16k junk that is nothing but a shell

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
oh man..damn. i knew there was some logic error in my statement...thanks for the correction of error.

yah. 16k was a little to high for something that bad. maybe 8k will be more appealing...tho thats not gonna happen.

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
u know, back then, my friend grabbed a 240z in almost good condition for 7k, a kampung find! lol

sythen

May 27, 2010
Kota Kinabalu
@jiusan u got the rust part right thats for sure! a lot of Zs look good on the outside but have rust issues underneath. as for the S30, its 1st generation of Zs starting from the 240z up to the 280z.. which was from '69 to '78.. correct me if im wrong on the years. and then came the 280zx which is S130.

@arturo rilly grateful for that! actually ill be pretty amazed if u can source any hehe

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Kev...240Z for 7k??? i'd have a permenant smile on my face for the next whole month if i can close a deal that good today....how's his 7k 240z today?

sythen...i'll ask around when i go back during the raya holidays...n try asking my mech here if he can help find...fingers crossed heh

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak

jiusan

Known Member
Feb 13, 2008
helo again ,
erm there is a S30Z , that is a special edition of a special if not mistaken
with the body of a 240Z , but not normal one's and much more rare than 240ZG

i put the pictures of the S30 engine i was talking about here

it was made to put onto Datsun Skyline's GT car and S30Z , that only a few existed from factories and some used in Japanese police force ,
these are triple Hitachi SU carb 2000cc inline six !!!!!!!!!!

the most craziest Nissan engine to me ever made ,

OH YEA , I ESTABLISHED CLASSIC AND OLDIES CLUB LONG AGO HERE , DO JOIN IF YOU ARE INTERESTED !!!

jiusan

Known Member
Feb 13, 2008
haha did I ?
or you're poisoned by the lady ...?

these engines , I will hantam them like they are in HELL !!!!!!! IF I HAVE ONE !!! haha

sorry ah , thou im very in love with old cars , they are to me always to go fast , not veri fast compared to new car of course ,
NO PUTTING THEM IN GARAGE FOREVER/U BETTER MAKE A GLASS CASE IDIOT !!!!!!!
just my own opinion

coz racing classic is veri crazy to watch

aalborg

Nov 4, 2007
bro arturo, i had pm u about the windscreen n i believe the item still in the factory at seremban.. mind to ask what the price they offer u. Also i m looking for weatherstrip on the door panel. if anyone have a lead, pls let me know. thanks.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
sorry bro...i had the pm open but forgot to reply...will check with my fren if still have n i'll let u know...the weatherstrip is proving to be a headache but the spareparts guy said he's on the lookout. will also post up here if he finds it n u guys can go deal with him directly to get it.

aalborg...u also have an 280zx?

aalborg

Nov 4, 2007
yup bro, had given to my dad since he like it so much.. old man like old car lor. haha.. most of the time drive out with my mom to have some dim sum.
Is kinda hard to find some body parts for this kind of car, i did buy some from the US thru ebay but the shipping cost is a killing point. Most of the time more expensive than the item alone. Damn.:bawling:

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
kev...i really dont like those rear lights la n the paint scheme....foose? 2-tone at the wrong place la...but i wouldnt mind the engine tho hehehe. dashboard's not the original too...i bet the fitting wont be that great too. if anybody has test drove this car, pls do let me know how it goes..esp the fittings

aalborg...still no news bout the windscreen. my fren's on raya leave till mid next week and he has no way of checking if the windscreen is still there. should still be there or he can always fabricate a new one...will keep u updated...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I using 4g93 dohc. change lighten crank pulley better performance or adjustable cam pulley?? need 4g93 sifu guide for technical modification engine.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience