new member with an important question

gixxer8500

Aug 31, 2010
Melaka
hi everybody, i'm new here... just bought a DC5R facelift version from a friend, now i'm having problems choosing a strut bar for my car cos i'm running on TEIN edfc thing.
i saw a strut bar, brand: Carbing for sale but i'm not sure whether it could fit my model. seller says its for 03-04 DCR5, he's not sure whether it will fit 05 model onwards. i'm also unsure whether it will interfere with the TEIN EDFC servo motors that are fitted (the original strut bar would not accomodate the EDFC servo motors)

anybody here can give some advice ? my concern is whether the Carbing bar will accomodate the EDFC, and also whether the chassis of 02-04 DC5R is similar to the 05-onwards DC5R...

appreciate the advice given, thanks !

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
the OEM front strutbar mounting point for pre and facelift are not the same. pre facelift strutbar is mounted on the chassis whereas the facelift are mounted on the suspension bolts. nevertheless aftermarket struts should fit both models. if you're talking about carbing 4-points strutbar i believe the EDFC servo could be fitted nicely since there is ample clearance around the bolting points.

prefacelift strut

facelift strut

carbing strut

i didn't why that the servo couldnt fit on yours but i think another facelift friend did not face this issue with his EDFC. he's using OEM strut to my knowledge. hope this helps. cheers

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
Certain bars such as Mugen & J's Racing will possible hit the EDFC motors, sometimes dependent on the camber angles.

but Carbing (4 point version) so far no issue, 100% clearance.
Cusco titanium engine bar also no issue, tested and confirmed.

gixxer8500

Aug 31, 2010
Melaka
thanks guys for the input, appreciate it a lot. maybe i'll proceed to get the carbing strut bar :)

btw, how about the stock radio unit which comes in japanese interface/software; can we do something to it so it can show our local GPS ?

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

thanks guys for the input, appreciate it a lot. maybe i'll proceed to get the carbing strut bar :)

btw, how about the stock radio unit which comes in japanese interface/software; can we do something to it so it can show our local GPS ?

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
it might also be interesting to note that carbing has about 4 or 5 different types of tower bar for the dc5 ....

they call it type-1 or type-2 , something like that.

the one in Lightning fields is different from mine, and there's a dc5 in penang with a slightly different 4 point as well.

there's also the 4 point with the MCS (master brake cylinder stopper thingie-aboob)

i've seen pictures of a 2 point carbing ..... but not sure if it's available in malaysia.

http://www.carbing.co.jp/international/products/strut/detail/6132180.shtml

http://www.carbing.co.jp/international/products/strut/detail/6132181.shtml

http://www.carbing.co.jp/international/products/strut/detail/6232180.shtml

http://www.carbing.co.jp/international/products/strut/detail/6232181.shtml

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys, has any1 herd about the sinspeed piggy back mod chip..??? i bought 1 off ebay, havent fit it yet.. but it just clips straight on ur AIT (i think) ait intake tempurature valve or something and it works by tellin ur comp that its takin in colder air and therefore the computer produces more power... im about to fit it on my 4agze that im bout to drop in2 my in my 1992 ae92r gti corolla... just wonderin if any1 has herd bout it or has it and if or how well it works??

it was actuallly...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience