balancer shaft removal

jameswwt

1,000 RPM
Mar 7, 2008
Hi Spuzzle,how is yr engine rebuilt after yr burnt rod bearing? Any crucials areas to look into while doing the rebuilding (replacing the crankshaft,oil pump,etc)
Mind to share?

spuzzle

500 RPM
Aug 23, 2005
Kuantan / Perth
james, i replaced with evo block but it lasted for a while only...piston ring gave way...then i rebuild my vr4 block...vr4 block done but havent install yet :proud:

jameswwt

1,000 RPM
Mar 7, 2008
wat!!! omg!!! did you change yr oil pump, crankshaft & oil cooler when yr rod bearings toast?

jameswwt

1,000 RPM
Mar 7, 2008
hi spuzzle,is it necessary to replace the balance shaft overhauling the engine??? What is the benefit of replacing the shaft? mind to share?

spuzzle

500 RPM
Aug 23, 2005
Kuantan / Perth
james, it is not necessary to replace the balance shaft...in my case, the shaft bearing broken then the shaft badly scratched so i have to replace it...the broken bearing ruin up everything in the block...what i did now is remove 1 of the shaft ( the one run by belt ) and machine the other shaft...will update u once i install the fresh block :proud:

jameswwt

1,000 RPM
Mar 7, 2008
thanks for sharing spuzzle as 1 of my friend recently also rebuilted his evo 6 due to rod bearing problem...but after he took out the balance shaft his mech and him found out its hard to put in back in place...Dont why? So scary? Btw,will a burnt rod or main bearings affect the balance shaft?
Sorry for asking much...
Btw,it will be very crucial to change yr OIL COOLER yaa for the sake of long term durability...

Last edited:

chrissyong

500 RPM
Aug 14, 2007
james, i replaced with evo block but it lasted for a while only...piston ring gave way...then i rebuild my vr4 block...vr4 block done but havent install yet :proud:
told u last time already,better rebuild your vr4 block,evo stock piston ring and piston and con rod like tofu fa man,whatever u gain the real exp,good luck

spuzzle

500 RPM
Aug 23, 2005
Kuantan / Perth
thanks for sharing spuzzle as 1 of my friend recently also rebuilted his evo 6 due to rod bearing problem...but after he took out the balance shaft his mech and him found out its hard to put in back in place...Dont why? So scary? Btw,will a burnt rod or main bearings affect the balance shaft?
Sorry for asking much...
Btw,it will be very crucial to change yr OIL COOLER yaa for the sake of long term durability...
i would say burnt rod/main bearing wouldnt effect balance shaft unless the debris flow through the oil and get to the shaft...its good to ask than to learn the hard way, we are in forum to ask and answer...hehe

told u last time already,better rebuild your vr4 block,evo stock piston ring and piston and con rod like tofu fa man,whatever u gain the real exp,good luck
last time i couldnt find vr4 internals to replace my crank, oil pump and balance shaft until i bought a complete engine...by the way why dint see u online msn for so long?

jameswwt

1,000 RPM
Mar 7, 2008
Thanks for sharing Spuzzle....Where you do yr overhaul? Just wonder do you know any shop can do chemical cleaning to the head & block?

chrissyong

500 RPM
Aug 14, 2007
i would say burnt rod/main bearing wouldnt effect balance shaft unless the debris flow through the oil and get to the shaft...its good to ask than to learn the hard way, we are in forum to ask and answer...hehe

last time i couldnt find vr4 internals to replace my crank, oil pump and balance shaft until i bought a complete engine...by the way why dint see u online msn for so long?
lol get sick very long time,i thing got 2 month random non stop sick,old story already whatever i cure already....

spuzzle

500 RPM
Aug 23, 2005
Kuantan / Perth
Thanks for sharing Spuzzle....Where you do yr overhaul? Just wonder do you know any shop can do chemical cleaning to the head & block?
i did in kuantan...not sure where can do chemical cleaning...i suggest u better spend the money for port/polish

Question : This balancer shaft works as a harmonic dampener? Or...?
these shafts counter balance the vibration

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
these shafts counter balance the vibration
Ok, so by this logic, if say the whole engine was completely balanced to the 3rd decimal point (just hypothetically speaking) would it still need this counter balance shaft? What vibration does it counter? Where is the vibration from?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

bro,

i bough on toyota le body..which originally 8 valve..then i when bought 12 valve...toyota le engine...i try to insert the egine..oni right hand side....mounting oni can fit....the other moutning....not at all....and the cross..member also not fit.....is there..different cross member for 12 valve?
another thing....the drive sharp.....is it 8 valve and 12 valve same.......plz help me...bcoz im fixing on ma own.....thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience