mivec or GSR

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
dude..is it true? and can it pass the puspakom and jpj inspection in the future if the owner wants to sell his car??

btw..i'm also still thinking of converting to any of this two engines..the pros and cons...mine is 92p..and there will be no problem for jpj endorsment for sure because still within the 25% increase...
that kancil has already been sold, to make way for another kancil turbo and a satria evo3 project. so if there isnt gonna be any issue if u wanna sell ur car in the future if dis is done

iam not stating sum fairy tails here, it has already been done, there wasnt much trouble except to wait for the kawal selia, and taking the car yourself to puspakom for the inspection. if u wanna pay a runner to perform dis inspection process, then by all means, please do.. the inspection usually will take hours of ur time jugek tu, unless u r there at the puspakom very, very, very early in the morning.. even then, it will take sum time jugek

just dont pay them for the (here comes the dreaded word) bribery / duit kopi / whatever u call it, because if its dis type of case u are eligible to do witout much hassle pun. the thing iam worrying for u guys is, sum of the runner arent trustworthy.. they take ur money and doesnt do much to really endorse ur new engine. they linger, wasting ur time with all sorta excuses, and then tell u it cant be perform because of sumthing shite excuse and dont even bother to refund u. sum of them make u believe dat ur engine has already been endorsed by the authority, give u genuine-looking documentations and yet when u go through a roadblock, u r fine because of illegal mods. wtf do u do den? they are surely long gone by then.. theyve been paid in full, in some cases in the amount of thousands witout performing any work pun, how laa.. a lot of cases happening dah, sum are reporting here in zth iirc.

iam not doubting there are trustworthy runners out there, but most of them are not. simple case like dis, if u can handle it urself, y not? i know many runners dat are very good in what they do complain dat the trade is tarnished by these bad ones. u can save a lotta benjamins and be sure that the paperwork are done correctly. for the duit kopi they were gonna charge u tu, u can belanje me teh-o-suam gelas besar, how?

kid_cool87

Aug 15, 2010
Penang
bro.... y do recomend me the GSR instead Mivec....
i like the mivec roar sound.....
can mivec be attached wif turbo...??

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
bro.... y do recomend me the GSR instead Mivec....
i like the mivec roar sound.....
can mivec be attached wif turbo...??
apart from cheaper parts, the GSR is much more powerful. dont quote me on the papers' figures, they dont really translate what ive experienced. a mivec will be demolished completely by a GSR, at least the one i drove years back, it was using an autobox fyi.

a mivec can be charged, no doubt sir, but the costings are going to be MUCH, MUCH HIGHER then if u r getting a GSR in the first and upgrade it. plus, complicated engines like the mivec, vtec arent my cuppa tea. ive seen a 4g92 non mivec makes better power den a std 92-mivec with slightly bigger cams and proper tuning, and the best part the overall costings are cheaper then a mivec halfcut. if i were to choose between a 1.8mivec and a bog std 4g93, i wudve choose the 93 (93t wud be even better, lol) hands down. the 93 is easier to mod, cheaper and easy to source out parts, etc. iam using a 4g91 btw

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
its a good engine sir, no doubt. if uve already set ur mind towards it and know what u r getting into, then i'd say go ahead :)

Mrnazmi

500 RPM
Jan 17, 2005
Drag City
Visit site
kid_cool87, just asking, how much you can get 4G92-MIVEC DOHC 16 Valve Haflcut on the market rite now?
asking because my friend also want to convert his wira to 4G92-MIVEC DOHC 16 Valve.
Tq.

yashiofactory

Known Member
Jul 27, 2008
Kid_cool87 - a good choice of mivec but u have to face with the unbelieveable pricing....most probably the pricing around RM8500 to RM9000 depend on the halfcut also...if got lsd much higher....i have been played N/A for quite sometimes but me im much prefer turbo....anyway good luck for ur conversion bro...cheers

kid_cool87

Aug 15, 2010
Penang
yeah i oso heard max tat d mivec can cost up 2 10k....
its kindda xpensive......
but the roar is awesome....

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

yeah i oso heard max tat d mivec can cost up 2 10k....
its kindda xpensive......
but the roar is awesome....

Mrnazmi

500 RPM
Jan 17, 2005
Drag City
Visit site
Wallawei, RM10k..???:banghead:
For sure my friend will "pengsan" after I told him about the price..hahaha!
Anyway Kid_cool87, good luck with you engine conversion and Mivec roar sound! :driver:

Newbienissan

Banned
Jul 19, 2010
earth
imho, either gsr or mivec, both is a nice platform to drive provided you dont compare or race with others. if roll on a flat highway, GSR surely wins hands down. if uphill attack, under skillfull hands n bigger balls, both gsr mivec can give a fair fight.

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
that kancil has already been sold, to make way for another kancil turbo and a satria evo3 project. so if there isnt gonna be any issue if u wanna sell ur car in the future if dis is done

iam not stating sum fairy tails here, it has already been done, there wasnt much trouble except to wait for the kawal selia, and taking the car yourself to puspakom for the inspection. if u wanna pay a runner to perform dis inspection process, then by all means, please do.. the inspection usually will take hours of ur time jugek tu, unless u r there at the puspakom very, very, very early in the morning.. even then, it will take sum time jugek

just dont pay them for the (here comes the dreaded word) bribery / duit kopi / whatever u call it, because if its dis type of case u are eligible to do witout much hassle pun. the thing iam worrying for u guys is, sum of the runner arent trustworthy.. they take ur money and doesnt do much to really endorse ur new engine. they linger, wasting ur time with all sorta excuses, and then tell u it cant be perform because of sumthing shite excuse and dont even bother to refund u. sum of them make u believe dat ur engine has already been endorsed by the authority, give u genuine-looking documentations and yet when u go through a roadblock, u r fine because of illegal mods. wtf do u do den? they are surely long gone by then.. theyve been paid in full, in some cases in the amount of thousands witout performing any work pun, how laa.. a lot of cases happening dah, sum are reporting here in zth iirc.

iam not doubting there are trustworthy runners out there, but most of them are not. simple case like dis, if u can handle it urself, y not? i know many runners dat are very good in what they do complain dat the trade is tarnished by these bad ones. u can save a lotta benjamins and be sure that the paperwork are done correctly. for the duit kopi they were gonna charge u tu, u can belanje me teh-o-suam gelas besar, how?
AGREED.
i've done it three times. from the years back then when no kawal-selia letter was needed, until today whereas kawal-selia can be obtained via local jpj branch. proton 2 time. nissan 1 time.

a solid one day is needed to perform all. puspakom, insuran and jpj...i took a one day holiday when i did it. worth it.

steven7810

mivec user
Oct 12, 2004
kuala lumpur
hello... i still perfer 4G92 MIVEC DOHC 16 VALVE ENGINE because i do my convert in year 2005 and my ride are PROTON ISWARA SEDAN ori 1.3cc 4g13p... so far so good la... sure got some parts need to replace after 5 years on the road....

u need to do some study on tat GSR engine... maintenace cost and all cost....
is my comment only thank you... guys
selamat berpuasa,...drive safely..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm new here, sorry if posted on the wrong section.

I need some advice on fitting adjustable on my car, Budget is around RM1200 including adjusting and fitting (Preferable cheaper, avoiding eating maggie for the rest of the month :s:) . Saw a few brands out there suitable with my budget but don't know which to fit. Brands like Titan, GAB, Tanabe, HWL, Zerone. (Recommend to me if theres other brands out there which is good)

I'm looking for Hi/Low only. Purpose > Lowered, better...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience