Hands on Ferrari F1 simulator

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

How’s this for a hands Ferrari F1 racing simulator? If you think you’re the bees knees with your Logitech G25, this massive robot arm-turned racing simulator would well right smack that notion out of your head.

The arm was ripped from a theme-park Robocoaster ride and is capable of lifting half a ton. Now though, it calls the Max Planck Institute for Biological Cybernetics in Tubingen, Germany, home and answers to the name of CyberMotion Simulator.

“A motion simulation system is a fundamental tool to understand how humans experience the sensation of motion. By running suitable experiments, one can gain better insights into the cognitive processes of the human brain,” explains Robuffo Giordano, one of the people involved with the experiment, as he tries to that boring scientist-people can have fun on a major scale.

The arm allows for more axis of movement as compared to simulators using jacks. In the case of you going turtle while negotiating the Corkscrew at Laguna Seca, the arm can even flip you upside down.

Now all that needs to be worked out is the mass-scale manufacturing costs and if it can me had in carbon fiber.

<object width="480" height="385"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oMLarxR-q08?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

Source: CarScoop

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

one1002

Known Member
Jun 4, 2009
sounded like a dying elephant there...

seriously need a WD40..hahaha

nezumi

Jun 18, 2007
daiichi-ketsui.com
the whining noise emitted is kinda err... scary :-o

julian.jules

May 31, 2009
the noise is normal for a robotic arm due to the mechanical screw winding up n down.......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

So, it has been a pretty fantastic 2011 for me. As some of you might know, I first bought my DSLR end of Dec 2010, and started taking random pictures of cars along the streets of Kuala Lumpur. Over the course of an entire year, many things happened for me...

It is incredibly difficult to express how I feel in words, so instead, I have decided to come up...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience