balancer shaft removal

1000hp VR4

Known Member
Jul 12, 2009
But mines was Jeckings when rpm hits just around 5k rpm.Just gains more 6hp on Dyno with no problems in everythings.Im planned to finds stock shafts & install it back. Normally VR4 oil pressure was very incredibles no need to removes the shafts.Japanese has calcurated all before they produces this engine thats we used on today.This powerful engine famous in world.
Dont angry everybody just share my expreriance on removing BALANCER SHAFT.

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
just take out ur ori balance shaft and sent them to machine shop laa cost lest then purchasing new so called race balance shaft. Actually they also machine it from the OEM unit.
of cos lerrrrr i posted n first post its a machine job jer, bt one of our fren already chopped his balanceshaft muhahaha, u know him :P , he is looking for a machined one now, stock vr4 balanceshafts are nt easy to find unless someone broke his engine

spuzzle

500 RPM
Aug 23, 2005
Kuantan / Perth
of cos lerrrrr i posted n first post its a machine job jer, bt one of our fren already chopped his balanceshaft muhahaha, u know him :P , he is looking for a machined one now, stock vr4 balanceshafts are nt easy to find unless someone broke his engine
owhh...one of my fren also chopped off that shaft and facing oil pressure problem now :hmmmm:

1000hp VR4

Known Member
Jul 12, 2009
Really not easy to find the stock balancer shaft.i have trying for 5 months now dont know got to go now.Did your there got friends stocks it.Thanks...:biggrin:

Trinityblood

3,000 RPM
Nov 10, 2007
erm..good info and feedbacks.good to learn this for new bie like me..juz wonder how much is the aftermarket one...

Last edited:

goo_61t

500 RPM
Nov 13, 2007

i got few stock balance shaft sitting at home :) evo n vr4 the same lerr.. u want kerr??keke
chopped balance shaft no good but still better then just taking out the balance shaft belt without removing or chopping the balance shaft kekekekeekekeke

pijulrs

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
Err....i had removed my balancer shaft belting.Im using it for around 5 years.No side effect except engine got slight vibrate n the engine feel more response.

goo_61t

500 RPM
Nov 13, 2007
Err....i had removed my balancer shaft belting.Im using it for around 5 years.No side effect except engine got slight vibrate n the engine feel more response.
definitely more responsive engine lighter but engine vibrate a bit, the slight vibration can cause damage to the balance shaft bearing and eventually ur balance shaft will fail and stuck imagine if ur balance shaft stuck definitely ur oil pump can't turn,oil pump can't turn then the oil pump teeth all gone catastrophic failure. But only time will tell some cases takes effect realy quick but in ur case it's been 5 years lucky u.. but it's just my personal opinion wether to remove or not it's ur choice. But why does all the race engine builder go through all the hassle to remove and machine them during engine rebuilt. it also depends on how u abuse ur engine though. If u want to remove the balance shaft do it the right way,don't short cut here n there.

zarique

Known Member
Jan 2, 2005
Penang
whats been said by GOO are true...

i already kena with not more than a year running...:driver:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
i got few stock balance shaft sitting at home :) evo n vr4 the same lerr.. u want kerr??keke
chopped balance shaft no good but still better then just taking out the balance shaft belt without removing or chopping the balance shaft kekekekeekekeke
balance shaft belt removed alone still practices worldwide including kampung and dsmtuners hehehe
no issues reported yet :P all running well

goo_61t

500 RPM
Nov 13, 2007
balance shaft belt removed alone still practices worldwide including kampung and dsmtuners hehehe
no issues reported yet :P all running well

no point arguing about it, dsmtuners have been arguing about this issue and it's been a long argument weather to keep or to remove the BS. Some say ok to just remove the belt,some say cannot. Back to the basic of the BS function.

spuzzle

500 RPM
Aug 23, 2005
Kuantan / Perth
guys, brought this thread back alive because i saw something different.

one of my fren mech totally remove both balancer shaft by alluminium weld the shaft hole on the oil pump piece...and he roatate the shaft bearing on the block to prevent oil fr flowing through it with a tag weld

after done, i personally tested that engine and it feel great...is there any side effects to oil pump?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

But now.. I think they are nice..especially in terms of reliability, comfort, and looks!

When I was younger, BMW oozed sex appeal with its M Sport cars, or even the plain jane with some M inspired bodywork, and Mercedes like the big-small eye E class, or the wide eye C class just looked.. UNCLE...

Now..

And speaking with owners of BMW, Audi, and Mercedes in Malaysia seems that...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience