4G91 Gang..

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
rotationperminute.blogspot.com
hey joe_mirage, just read ur blog and i really inspired liao. hahaha and alvin sifu back here. XD

hmm im currently using 4g91 engine, 1.6cc tb i think, and my idle rpm is around1.4k-1.5k. not really sure why.
1.5 inch 4-2-1 manifold 2 centre bullet ( 1 is a swirl bullet ) never really heard of such bullet.. lol then after bullet piping is at 1.2 inch till muffler.
also using a drop in k&n filter.

is there anything i can do to actually get more power and response? like simple mods..

hmmm and joe_mirage, if i use super90 tb, is it appropriate?

hope i can get something out of this. thanks !
haha. thx bro. really appreciate that. btw, i would say that it is not advisable to use tb which is more than 60mm in ur 91 if the block and head are stock. it will just drop the power. hope this help.

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
Joe,what TB and intake suits 91 engines if internals are still stock??
fren wana sell his GTI stuff 2 me...TB,intake n ECU...any good with those parts???

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
if internals still stock then stock throttle body suits it lor.... haha =p

4G93 ECU mapping not ngam u... oni benefit from that would be a higher rev limiter... which a rechip can do for you anyway.

mediocre2

Known Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
haha. thx bro. really appreciate that. btw, i would say that it is not advisable to use tb which is more than 60mm in ur 91 if the block and head are stock. it will just drop the power. hope this help.
hmmm btw bro, so is my piping measurement alright? im not sure about it.. and what tb i can use to maximise the power?

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
rotationperminute.blogspot.com
acq & madiocre,

for 91 i think max is 60-65mm. can get aftermarket or halfcut ones. as for intake, std intake is good enough. just bore match it to suit your tb size. but last time, i've seen a guy use custom intake in his 91. the lowend power is suck but the high end power is awesome. he's using matspeed hicam and ported & polished gti head with chipped ecu.

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
btw joe,which part of the intake is the part that is usually bored?? the opening where the throttle body and intake meet together?? never actually seen it done,so kinda blur..:hmmmm:

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
ACQ...u r right....
u can either send to engineering to bore to suit ur new oversize tb....
or just simply ask ur mech to use grinder la....cheap way....

sk8

Jun 23, 2010
Manila, PH
hello guys, i have a question again :)

if i opt to turbocharge my 4g91, im going to need low comp pistons right? the question is, are there low comp pistons out there suitable for 4g91?

if there isnt, the choice would be to bore out to 1600 and use the pistons of 4g61T. do u guys think the 61T pistons would fit and work?

thanks again guys.

Sep 19, 2009
Perak
Im having the same issue as asrulac. Everytime when i start the car in the morning, the klak,klak,klak sound from the engine comes out. After about 2-3 minutes, then it disappear. Read from a few forums saying its usually caused by the hydraulic teppet/cam lifter. ACQ, u know where to get the thing checked ka?

YouTube- Lash Adjuster Removal Tool

The klak,klak,klak sound will disappear after servicing the lifter (not need to change new).....my problem solve....also must used the correct engine oil.....to avoid the sound again....:driver:

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
hello guys, i have a question again :)

if i opt to turbocharge my 4g91, im going to need low comp pistons right? the question is, are there low comp pistons out there suitable for 4g91?

if there isnt, the choice would be to bore out to 1600 and use the pistons of 4g61T. do u guys think the 61T pistons would fit and work?

thanks again guys.
u can opt for GSR pistons as its from the same family group.....
fittings with conrod shouldnt be a prob, but still need to confirm on this....
another thing is dat u need to bore to 81mm to fit these pistons....

sk8

Jun 23, 2010
Manila, PH
u can opt for GSR pistons as its from the same family group.....
fittings with conrod shouldnt be a prob, but still need to confirm on this....
another thing is dat u need to bore to 81mm to fit these pistons....

GSR pistons? u mean 4G93?

i read somewhere that it is not safe to bore to 81mm from the stock 78.4mm.

if im to use 4g93 pistons, can i use the stock 4g93 pistons? or should i get the 4g93T pistons so it has low compression?

thanks again for the reply.. more power ZTH

Fdaneil

500 RPM
Jan 19, 2007
Hi all,

Just want to ask about Fuel consumption.my car 4g91 (M) can go only 230km when i fill RM50 (RON95).engine standard.is it ok or something wrong?

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
bro sk2, since u plan to turbocharge it....
so best to to opt for GSR pistons as its low comp....
if u r uncomfortable to bore ur block, u can go look for 4g92 block as its already 81mm....
but if u r planning to change block, might as well go get a GSR complete block???

Fdaneil....from calculation, ur FC seems to b on the high side...
but, wat is ur driving style like??? also for city drive or cruising on highway???
if i remember correctly, last time my 4g91 able to giv me at least 11km/lit regardless of driving style.....

Fdaneil

500 RPM
Jan 19, 2007
Fdaneil....from calculation, ur FC seems to b on the high side...
but, wat is ur driving style like??? also for city drive or cruising on highway???
if i remember correctly, last time my 4g91 able to giv me at least 11km/lit regardless of driving style.....
drive town only.how to setup?my driving style is normal.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Item(s): Ambipur refill pack

Package includes:
• Aqua
• Citrius Zest
• Pacific Air
• Vanilla Bouquet
• Waves
• Tobacco
• Lavender (NEW !!!)
• Fresh & Floral (NEW !!!)
• Fresh & Light (NEW !!!)
• Fresh & Cool (NEW !!!)

Price: RM8.00

Dealing method: COD

Location of seller:Kelana Square,The curve area, Palm Spring, Puchong or subang

Contact method/details:Email [email protected] Tony 0123181879

Item(s) conditions:New
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience