v-manage on 20v??

jason591974

Known Member
Jun 29, 2004
hi all bro,
wanna find out the answer, can greddy v-manage install to 20v black top???
cos currently i have one unit of v-manage, taken out from my toyota wish, the best part is the box there aldy state zne10/14 (wish model), is it mean that others than wish cannot use this machine???

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
If I'm not mistaken, V-manage will not work with 20v BT (VVT). V-manage works with VVT-i and above only. Besides, I don't see much use of controlling the VVT for BT as the VVT will easily turn on from as low as 2000rpm as well. Better sell off the V-manage and get the E-manage!

Cheers

jason591974

Known Member
Jun 29, 2004
If I'm not mistaken, V-manage will not work with 20v BT (VVT). V-manage works with VVT-i and above only. Besides, I don't see much use of controlling the VVT for BT as the VVT will easily turn on from as low as 2000rpm as well. Better sell off the V-manage and get the E-manage!

Cheers

thanks bro, thank for ur advice....

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
hi all bro,
wanna find out the answer, can greddy v-manage install to 20v black top???
cos currently i have one unit of v-manage, taken out from my toyota wish, the best part is the box there aldy state zne10/14 (wish model), is it mean that others than wish cannot use this machine???
Yup...Sell it and get e-manage

seg 7138

Known Member
Oct 13, 2008
sifu, e-manage & unichip. which better for 20v? have any ideal can make power come about 3k rpm?

Kang 602

Aug 21, 2007
Shah Alam
halu all!can i ask too?currently i've installed e-manage ultimate for my 20v blacktop..but the vvt wire is not wired..can i know whether we, 20v blacktop can use emanage to control the vvt just like nissan & vtec?and if the answer is yes, can anyone teach me which wire to connect to..currently, i can only remove the rev cut & speed cut & tune the airflow map..im not feeling the vvt open..huhu...

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
halu all!can i ask too?currently i've installed e-manage ultimate for my 20v blacktop..but the vvt wire is not wired..can i know whether we, 20v blacktop can use emanage to control the vvt just like nissan & vtec?and if the answer is yes, can anyone teach me which wire to connect to..currently, i can only remove the rev cut & speed cut & tune the airflow map..im not feeling the vvt open..huhu...
Yes, emanage can control VVT on 20V, including Emanage Blue and Ultimate as well. Need to do proper wiring and set jumper inside the emanage first. But since you're running BT, I don't see any point controlling VVT since VVT opens easily from as low as 2000rpm till 6500rpm. Unless you're running aftermarket camshaft then only I see its feasible to control VVT.
Actually you can't really feel VVT when it kicks in, its not like VTEC of VVTL-i for that matter.
Anyways, mind sharing screenshots of your airfuel and ignition map for emanage? Are you tuning it yourself?

Kang 602

Aug 21, 2007
Shah Alam
for now, my mech is the one who is tuning the emanage..im now in my way to tune it myself..got to do it & learn it coz my mech said its simple..huhu...
okay, maybe later i'll post the image..
by the way, i still want to wired the vvt..can you show me which wire from ecu to connect which wire at the emanage?and which jumper to set..on the manual, it only state for vtec & nvcs..n my mech is nissan SR engine mech..hoho...

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
Yup, its quite straight forward to learn... but you'll need a wideband O2 sensor if you want to do any tuning at all, if not you're just tuning blindly.
For VVT wiring, you can google for 4AGE 20V BT ECU pinout. Basically if you want to take total control of the VVT, i believe you can do direct wiring to the VVT solenoid (OCV) as Emanage can output 12V when sending out signal to activate the function.
As for jumper on the Emanage itself, you need to refer to the user's guide / manual. I can't really remember which jumper, but once the jumper had been activated, you can use emanage to output 12V at a particular RPM range to basically do anything (control VTEC,VVT,turn on LEDS (shiftlight), turn on NOS..etc).
However, there are things needed to consider as you do not want to overload the piggyback by drawing too much current from it. Please do it at your own risk and better consult with a reputable mechanic/tuner.
Cheers

Kang 602

Aug 21, 2007
Shah Alam
hoho..currently, im using my friend's innovate air fuel meter to tune..huhu..he's a mechanic..
hoho..if that the case, it using the same output as vtec lah kn?
huhu..thanks bro!!
need to hurry tell my friend & search in the internet for pinout..
Thanks!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

BAD EXPERIENCE @ HUP SHUN TYRE SHOP - BANDAR SUNWAY

DISCLAIMER:
This thread is created with no intention whatsoever to defame said party: (HupShun Tyres Auto Car Care Sdn. Bhd.). All reviews and comments are of personal experiences and dissatisfaction only. Experiences among individuals may vary.

-

DETAILS OF MY EXPERIENCE:
I sent my car to HupShun Tyre @ JALAN PJS 11/7, BANDaR SUNWAY, for changing two front tires. After changing the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience