Feb 5, 2007
btw any savvy owner here?
what's the FC for savvy ah?
and does savvy engine as noisy as waja?

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
1 of my colleague owns a savvy...manual.he's happy with it...but if given a choice, he wouldnt buy it again. handling is good...the advert about it's body being solid is quite true. FC is not bad. he has been having problems with it's electronics tho. says been in and out of SC a few times but the problem still there. other owners may not have this problem cos like all protons...oni the nite shift cars suffer from these recurring problems :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

my suggestion? get a viva instead. ur not particular about looks n all and oni care about FC n getting from point A to point B so get the best cheap new car that will last u at least 5-9 years with minimal maintanance and then after that decide whether to sell off n change car or use it as rough use car la...

shenzoku

Feb 5, 2007
thanks arturo,
but because i need to travel from place to place often. Most of the time I'm require to travel from KL to Klang, and those reply they mention viva in long distant drive FC isn't that good.
Anyone could give me a specific fc rate between Viva and Savvy?
sorry for requesting so much.. hehe

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
bro,
get a saga blm instead..price from rm36500 to rm44998...few variants and economical too..more spacious and its a saloon car....

Jun 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I own a Savvy currently at 105,469km and still going strong. Infact I test drive many cars to replace Savvy but nothing come close to it.

Viva - tin kosong
MyVi - Like a boat
Swift - Quite as good as Savvy but price wise not so good
i10 - Nice, but look weird
Picanto - Slightly better then Viva but not anywhere near a Savvy

Savvy manual, also got problem as this is using clio engine so Problem with a clio also probelm here. Ignition coil (change twice), speed sensor (change once).

madbul

Jun 9, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Just to share some opinions as my wife bought a Savvy AMT half year ago, it's a 5 year car with 57k clocked in. After some debates betwen Myvi or Savvy, i realised she chose the correct choice...

Good
1) The handling is good.
2) Chasis is stiff for it's segment.
3) The AMT is a joy to play with, it's a robotised Magneti Marelli gearbox anyhow...
4) FC is low at RM0.10 per km.
5) Small compact easy parking & is a joy in city driving.

Bad
1) Engine is noisy.
2) Car unstable at highway speeds.
3) Crank sensor unit have problem. (My foreman says is common with Savvy)
4) Unpredictable gear change, AMT robotic change gear to "auto" and back to "manual" by itself. (Heard Elf Renaultmatic D3 synthetic gear oil can solve this,i will service her car this week try out)

Overall if you need a car from A to B, this i say is perfect, if you don't care about its looks, Savvy rocks in the small car segment!

Zidane

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
I have sold my savvy

the car is good in all areas except for maintenance.

there is no other car in the market that is sweet, compact and handles well. It is a very lovable car to drive.

But maintenance is just too much for me during my 3rd and 4th year.

savvy1980

Apr 6, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hi there
Im new to this forum

just want to ask some opinion , im decide to get savvy .. I know the car FC good.. and low maintenance ..

Please adv..

thank :smile::smile::smile:

savvy1980

Apr 6, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
yes I have heard that high maintenance for AMT..

Now I'm confius to take which car..as I'm working lady and in my mind only two car saga or savvy.. :hmmmm:

please help me :biggrin:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Dont know about savvy..

but in the k car segment, i prefer Perodua.. they r the best seller..

peace.. out :burnout:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My housemate myvi WPF 4965, original state, was stolen at subang jaya housing area just now during a house break in. Whoever spotted this car kindly inform me at 016-2020173 (JD).
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience