Engine long cranking than start

HD4

Jun 11, 2010
Perak
Hello expert,

My accord yr2000/s84 keep cranking for about 4 second then only start. The worst thing is if i press on pedal than realease than press again it sound like hungry for gas.

I have changed fuel pump, and even installed 2 relay on fuel pump. still no luck. No black smoke coming out from exhaust, engine run normal. Battery works fine. Instrument light all ok. just change to new plug 3 days (denso iridium).

the weird thing is,
1. The size of my fuel pump is exactly same as proton wira, I changed new one from Bosh (wira fuel pump)
2. There is no fuel return on fuel regulator return pipe
3. try to look for fuel filter but cannot find it, and my mechanic also cannot find it.
4. This cranking happen every time not only during cold.

sorry for bad english.
anyone could suggest me anything?

HD4

Jun 11, 2010
Perak
Yesterdaya I changed my gas from ron95 to ron97, my mechanic told me his car had trouble when start the engine (prolonged cranking) during using ron95, after changing to ron97 for 3 days everything goes fine.

Hope this will become solution for me.

HD4

Jun 11, 2010
Perak
distributor is OK..checked the spark all ok, I even change the carbon stick inside the distributor cap.

first start will take prolonged cranking, I turn off ignition than start again for second time, the engine straight away start.. so weird.

This create lots of attention from people during starting since the starter sound so loud..

anyway thank for reply, appreciate it.

HD4

Jun 11, 2010
Perak
Main relay checked, no crack on soldering..even the relay click sound very clear..

Just found up my fuel filter under the car, just near to left hand rear tire, blow with air and everything look ok.

I even put 2 extra relay at the fuel pump, but no luck also.

HD4

Jun 11, 2010
Perak
now, i feel that my car run smoothly during cold, and heavier during hot. FC also high. and the cranking still goes on like usual but take less time compare before I change to Ron97. when using ron 95 I have to crank for 5 second than stop, the engine start immediately after second time. After change to ron 97 the engine crank for 3 seconds than start immediately.

Some said it maybe due to bad fuel injector. I wanna try injector cleaner. any suggestion on brand?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
ur symptom is just like mine sir, crank it the second time and it fires up instantly. i think its because of rich mixture kot, cudnt find the time the check dat up

HD4

Jun 11, 2010
Perak
grounding checked..seem ok to me. being inspected by mechanic too yesterday.

1 more thing i noticed, if i drive like crazy stop than turn off the engine.start again, sure cranking like crazy for 8-10 second. like usual second crank start instantly.

is it posible cause by fuel regulator. last time i check there is no fuel return to the tank (I open the return hose)

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
looks like u were running lean-mixture to me.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello guys.. im currently driving myvi auto.. im considering to change my auto gearbox to manual.. is it possible to do that? after change it, will appear any trouble? coz i scare after change it will alot of problem.. another problem is is good to swap wit people or go cut shop to buy a manual gearbox? what is the market price should be? SIFUS !! pls advice me.. confusing here.. THANK YOU !!:adore::adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience