TC 4g18 to 300+HP

wasteg4te

Known Member
Sep 22, 2005
jb
any workshop to recoment near in jb? dont tell me HV coz too many sg cars go there n the price is ex!!
there a lot of workshops,
here the top list,

R engineering (ah Lai)
Torque racing permas jaya
VIS permas jaya
RMD kempas and perling
Vas Maz Johor Jaya

but sometime "pomen bawah pokok' also good
that depend on ur luck and money...
nobody perfect..
but practise make perfect.

good luck bro..
dont forget to share wif us if ur project was done.

HvSohc

Dec 24, 2008
any workshop to recoment near in jb? dont tell me HV coz too many sg cars go there n the price is ex!!
That not true bro.the price justify the work done..btw big spender there is malaysian also

nakanishi

Jun 8, 2010
johor
there a lot of workshops,
here the top list,

R engineering (ah Lai)
Torque racing permas jaya
VIS permas jaya
RMD kempas and perling
Vas Maz Johor Jaya

but sometime "pomen bawah pokok' also good
that depend on ur luck and money...
nobody perfect..
but practise make perfect.

good luck bro..
dont forget to share wif us if ur project was done.
ok will update u guys.. thanks for the help.

WajaRS

500 RPM
May 19, 2005
PJ
hmm..maybe you can try converting to a twin cam head before you turbo charge your car so there will be more things you can play with..

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
can aaa...4g18p is SOHC not double over head cam...
if it possible to tune 4g18 to 300+hp ,is it reliable??:hmmmm:

sorry noobie asking :stupid:
If a D16 SOHC non VTEC stock engine BOT with GT2871RS can achieve 375WHP, why not a 4G18 SOHC... It's all about the tunning.... And of course with other supportive upgrades like correct turbo/injectors/exhaust system/GOOD MANAGEMENT and etc

i think focus the turbo power at low end torque will be a good idea. a bot 4g18 still can play with alot cars.
We don't know what the TS wants to use his car for... If the car is purely for DRAG, then what's the point of concentrating on low end power..

If street drive, I agree..

hmm..maybe you can try converting to a twin cam head before you turbo charge your car so there will be more things you can play with..
Not necessary... A 4G18 DOHC engine head sold separately will be costy.

chrissyong

500 RPM
Aug 14, 2007
in the motorsport world what kind also possible deepend what your engine setup and forged part your have,and the turbo size also important too,good luck

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Just something to share. all internals stock including the head gasket. Of course te stock studs didn't last the tensile, but here's why I said tunning comes first.

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1722429

btw, if u've seen the d16 rods, they are as thick as gsr stock rods on a 1mm longer stroke. How far can ur stock motor go, it's all abt tuning. Cheers....

vogelspinnen

From Facebook
Mar 8, 2010
300+ hp, many ways to hit. What are you looking for? Drag racing? Street race? Shiok factor? Just to show off? Even if you can hit what about daily drivability, engine reliability, etc? You may find out its not worth it in the end, for a 4G18, fastest way still to drop engine, but since you from singapore, better make sure you know the consequences involved. In any case, wish you luck for you project, but my advice is to learn more first, " I wan to hit 300hp " isn't something so simple.

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

And hope I didnt sound too offensive anyways. If you still decide to go for it, i would say it would make for a very fun project. Gd luck!

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
besidez money... need alot of time too... happy RnD ... interesting project.....

nikolaiski

Known Member
Nov 4, 2005
hmm..why don't you just drop in a CK/CM GSR engine for the Lancer? Or if you don't mind modify a little bit, then Evo enjin? 350bhp easy for these engines, and reliable too! A blown 4g18 to 300+++++ hp isn't going to be very reliable OR drivable daily.

Yes I know you want power, but do you think of WHERE in the rev range you are going to get this power? No use if all above 5000rpm because the turbo is SO BIG that there is lag right? :)

foofis

Known Member
May 23, 2010
Johor
and dun forget, oversea the white ppl buys turbokit real cheap, they can diy the project cars and still plenty of mollah to spare. unlikely here in bolehland. i'd say a halfcut is more likely the better option

Syahz

Known Member
Aug 14, 2009
Australia
Build is a knowledge...buy a halfcut not learning to get the big number...that's y ppl chose jalan senang to get the number.That's y white ppl have a good knowledge and good tuning skill..always moving foward.Think about that...only the Vocasional student can do it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, I am driving a Proton Persona Elegance.
Do you guys have any idea how to take out the hub?
I probably know how to adjust the drums but don't know to access the internals.
And also would like to clean it.
I have only seen other popular cars.
Not sure about my car myself. Don't dare to touch it if without any experienced guidance.
Thanks.

2003-2007 Honda Accord Brake drums clean and adjust - YouTube
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience