How to build a reliable B18cr with 85mm bore

deathzone

Jul 9, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Anybody done this setup before?? What parts need to be replace so that can rev safely to 9000rpm and still can be daily drive?

Last edited:

cat77

3,000 RPM
May 5, 2006
try this.....find a very good mechanic and tuner........

supernova

Known Member
Sep 9, 2005
KL
Darton sleeve the most reliable replacemtn sleeve
yes it can be done here in malaysia

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
no doubt darton sleeves are awesome and all, but it also requires a good machinist to do the job.

if u wanna go 85mm, i suggest a b20 block. 85mm with stock sleeves still applicable.

fudyn

Jan 18, 2007
deathzone....... i will bring you to very good mechanic and tuner v-tec....... p.m me...... :burnout:

deathzone

Jul 9, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
no doubt darton sleeves are awesome and all, but it also requires a good machinist to do the job.

if u wanna go 85mm, i suggest a b20 block. 85mm with stock sleeves still applicable.
Can b20b block rev to 9000rpm safetly if i just change to aftermarket rod and 85mm piston? Any more mod to strengthen the block?

fudyn:my location is in sabah...in fact me not urgent wanna build this motor just wanna understand before build. Hope some senior forumer can share some knowledge here with me.

Last edited:

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
9k rpm on a b20b block is very much possible without darton sleeves. the block is actually strong enough, its just other components fail when revving so high... hence kaboom.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The all new Toyota 86 makes its debut at the Sepang International Circuit today, revealing one of the most iconic Japanese RWD cars to have ever been in existence, and if you're in our generation you'd probably and fondly remember a certain animated black and white drift car nearly grazing barriers as it hurriedly returns home from delivering tofu - Initial D

Thanks to overwhelming requests...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience