Blacktop Auto convert to Manual

AE75

Known Member
Feb 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I just asking for my friend. The Blacktop 20V Auto if convert manual without changing wiring and ECU, will it have any problem later on?

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
dont know whether this info are true or not...auto ecu inject more fuel compares to manual ecu...so after conversion maybe abit more power than manual GB + manual ecu...and slightly higher FC of coz...

jack84

Known Member
Nov 11, 2006
Are u sure or not ?
I am using auto ecu with manual gearbox, but my fc also same with those who use manual ecu with manual gearbox.....

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
dont know whether this info are true or not...auto ecu inject more fuel compares to manual ecu...so after conversion maybe abit more power than manual GB + manual ecu...and slightly higher FC of coz...
perhaps. definitely fuel map for auto and manual is diff, but diff by how much, only toyota can tell. somemore is "slightly"... <-- very subjective word ... hehehe
maybe more sifus that converted auto-manual can confirm this.
but as long as we manage our right foot, we can counter its effect. :)

talk about FC, over the pass 10 yrs, i drove 2 cars of 1300cc. 2 cars of 1600cc and 1 car of 2000cc, but my FC all are about the same with very very slight diff.. i guess the main factor is our RIGHT FOOT & DRIVING STYLE according to the car/engine behavior..
if u find FC really sucks, then maybe u check out another post about fuel consumption
here -> (link), maybe like levin818 said, ECU aging & start to give erratic signal/readings !?

Last edited:

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
yup...i've read it somewhere before...but on minuscule proportion...you wont noticed it all...maybe can tell the different if dynoed the car...

these guys seems to have the same curiousity...
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=233780

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

thanks again wfhan...i'm kinda lost when trying to explain things in technical terms...what i meant to say before is fuel mapping... :stupid:

but then again it is not a problem to convert from auto to manual using the same ecu (sticking to the main point) :burnout:

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
yup.. answer to thread starter : "no prob converting from auto to manual at all"
just convert and enjoy the fun of manual tranny.. :)

AE75

Known Member
Feb 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yup.. answer to thread starter : "no prob converting from auto to manual at all"
just convert and enjoy the fun of manual tranny.. :)
Oh thanks... but if Auto wiring + Manual ECU, does it work too?

meg_omen

Known Member
Oct 28, 2004
Home - Klang; O
Visit site
no issue... i've gone thru all...
converted 4AGE BT auto... then changed to 5spd gb, still retain the ecu (and wiring of course)..
now using 6spd ecu...
response better with 6spd ecu... FC roughly the same @ 450++km/full tank...
good luck...:proud:

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
as long the all the sensors connected, ECU manage to get the reading...it should be fine..
the rest...it's up to the ECU to decide...heee...hey it's a self learning ECU...got a "chipped" brain you know... :proud:

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
No problem at all!
* you can use auto ECU to support manual GB, or
* you can use manual ECU to support auto wiring with manual GB
It is just plug and play.
Fuel consumption is same.

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Unlike BT ECU, Silvertop auto and manual ECU has diff socket so they cannot be plug and play.
However, you can continue using your silvertop auto ECU if convert to manual GB
I have tested both in my car. No significant diff in power and FC between auto and manual ECU.
(My car has a converter so can run either auto or manual ECU)

aziziell

1,500 RPM
May 9, 2007
Unlike BT ECU, Silvertop auto and manual ECU has diff socket so they cannot be plug and play.
However, you can continue using your silvertop auto ECU if convert to manual GB
I have tested both in my car. No significant diff in power and FC between auto and manual ECU.
(My car has a converter so can run either auto or manual ECU)
k thanks

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The biggest news from the 2008 Model Year Lotus line-up is the introduction of the Supercharged Elise SC, a 220 PS version of the multi award-winning roadster, easily identified by its new rear spoiler and unique new design of alloy road wheels.http://www.worldcarfans.com/9071023.011/mini1/lotus-launches-supercharged-elise-sc...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience