Allignment & Tyre Balancing

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
further_seems_forever.blogspot.com
Hi guys,

Not sure whether this topic has been beaten to death, but need to ask this...

Can any normal tyre shop do alignment for our type Rs?

I know Balancing can be done by virtually anyone....but for alignment...can any other shop get it done?

I'm asking this because when I drove and Alfa Romeo 147, not every shop could get the alignment done...or get it right because of the sensitive settings.

Is it the same with the Type R? Need to get it done this week coz i'm heading up to Genting over the weekend.

Thanks in advance :adore:

hahf

Known Member
Jul 7, 2005
KL
not sure if any shop cannot do, but i have been to few and so far i only like the settings Kin alignment did and not easily off.
some others just cant adjust my steering to straight and easily off.

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
yeap kin alignment did a pretty good job. would recommend it to everyone else. it is located behind the sunway foodcourt

GTI4740

Known Member
Dec 3, 2003
Visit site
Same here, I did mine at Kin too.. Need help to get there just let me know.. willing to help as usual..

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
just got mine done at the workshop opposite my office. RM50 only cheap cheap for balancing and alignment.

will report back on whether theres any problems.

also, regarding tyre wear....do the tyres wear out faster on the inside? mine are the stock potenzas and the workshop guys told me that the wear is abnormally fast on the inside. like its bald on the inside, and still ok on the outside...

hahf

Known Member
Jul 7, 2005
KL
High -ve camber will cause that. Make a practise to rotate tires (if symetrical).

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
Stock Type-R has average -ve camber as they tuned it for the road taking consideration tyre wear, straightline stability and progressive steering response. Maximum manufacturers figure for road cars are: front is -1.5deg while rear -2.0deg. So, if your mechanic said it has high -ve camber, maybe he meant as comparing to other cars which usually range from 0 to -1deg.
So it's good to rotate your tyres.

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
ah. gotcha on that. the tyres on my car now are the stock ones. which is quite worrying actually considering they're what...6 years old now?

but they do have quite abit of thread left.

i realized the negative camber the first day i drove the car. however, only excessive negative camber would cause extreme tyre wear....

i just took a peek at my tyres again just now and they seem ok to me.

whats the recommended mileage to rotate tyres? i'm talking about complete rotation, taking them off the rims...and not from front to back.

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
ah. gotcha on that. the tyres on my car now are the stock ones. which is quite worrying actually considering they're what...6 years old now?

but they do have quite abit of thread left.

i realized the negative camber the first day i drove the car. however, only excessive negative camber would cause extreme tyre wear....

i just took a peek at my tyres again just now and they seem ok to me.

whats the recommended mileage to rotate tyres? i'm talking about complete rotation, taking them off the rims...and not from front to back.

the tyres may have quite a bit of thread left ..... but the fact is that it's probably hardened by now ...... particularly if they're semi's

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
the tyres may have quite a bit of thread left ..... but the fact is that it's probably hardened by now ...... particularly if they're semi's
yeah exactly.

is there anyway to SOFTEN them up again? like beating them to death on the track? :biggrin:

anyways...what tyres are everyone using? and how much are the original type R potenzas?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

With the local Ford line up packing some serious ammo now, following the launch of the Fiesta that compliments the Mondeo, the local franchise holder of the Blue Oval’s name, Sime Darby Auto Connexion, has teamed up with Sri Mutiara Motor to open up a new Ford 3S center in Kuantan, Pahang...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience