Bush replacement for Civic EJ

supernova

Known Member
Sep 9, 2005
KL
Hell yeah ....

The thing was perfect on the first few months after the replacement but recently this sound come back again. The alignment is perfect. Nothing wrong but when I m slow and on uneven road, car park and when turning steering and brake .... the sound appear mostly is when stop
and go.
Go to a reputable guy opposite GT auto in sunway, Kian Long motorsport look for Ah Lun,
he does a lot of race cars and has solve a lot of problem for our track cars.

Klok Klok sound usually mean ball joint, upper arm lower arm, tie rod end ans so on.
also possible tie-rod itself. don;t second guess and go have it solve

pc_teh

Known Member
Jun 18, 2008
Go to a reputable guy opposite GT auto in sunway, Kian Long motorsport look for Ah Lun,

Klok Klok sound usually mean ball joint, upper arm lower arm, tie rod end ans so on.
Meaning is because of bad workmanship since i already change most of things.
unless the shop cheat me.
Will go for second opinion for sure. I m not sure the Kian Long is it the one i went. They are quite pricy.

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

luckily....i'm not alone to face this prob:bawling: after send for inspection found out frt lower arm bush RH/LH faulty, frt upper arm bush RH/LH faulty....thinking of changing all set of the bush frt and rr but cannot found where to get. for eg....
Haha ... lots of our predecessor is having the problem. I also not sure whether wana introduce my workshop to you or not as frankly speaking i m a bit disappoint with them.

supernova

Known Member
Sep 9, 2005
KL
Will go for second opinion for sure. I m not sure the Kian Long is it the one i went. They are quite pricy.

No such thing as pricy, if problem solve money well spent.

chuckie

500 RPM
Jun 17, 2005
Kuala Lumpur

faced the same sound b4, checked and found that steering rack end bush worn out. changed it, now no more sound...

pc_teh

Known Member
Jun 18, 2008
faced the same sound b4, checked and found that steering rack end bush worn out. changed it, now no more sound...
Oh Is it? How much you spend for that?

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

No such thing as pricy, if problem solve money well spent.

Agreed. Got address or contact number? Dun wana end up the wrong shop.
Thx

chuckie

500 RPM
Jun 17, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
i'm driving altis. toyota service center quoted me rm400++ for each.
i bought at spare part, only Rm50 per rack. workmanship is expensive a bit > RM40 for each side.

pc_teh

Known Member
Jun 18, 2008
Problem identified. Its because the tie rod end faulty. But I have to say I am really disappointed with the workshop becos they aren't using HOP as I told them to. But still they charge me HOP price .... Thats y the parts fail in such a short time ....

USJ101

Known Member
Aug 1, 2009
Selangor
Problem identified. Its because the tie rod end faulty. But I have to say I am really disappointed with the workshop becos they aren't using HOP as I told them to. But still they charge me HOP price .... Thats y the parts fail in such a short time ....
Brother,

What is HOP price?

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
Changing all bushes won't solve the problem, have to change the ball joints and end links for ARB as well.

Nothing beat the HOP. I changed mine 5 years ago, all HOP and it last until now. When comes to HOP, make sure you insist those Made in Japan, those HOP made in Thailand is slightly cheaper, but they won't last as long as the HOP made in Japan.

Money well spent.

pc_teh

Known Member
Jun 18, 2008
Changed Ball rack or some call rod end ..... problem solved .. it turn out that the bush is actually ok but the previous mechanic cannot find the problem ...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My Myvi BOLT on Turbo now is boosting 0.3bar , as i installed S-AFC to the car, my car started to have Rev/Boost Cut, now i took it out already, While i was doing my Dynojet they suggested me to use E-manage for the price of Rm1400 fully installed plus dynojet, worth it or not worth it?

Remember my car is totally stocked YRV parts bolt on to the car, is it necessary to put E-manage?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience