Singapore
JDM NA
Rank Car No. Name: Car Lap Time (Damp) Class Team
1 6 Chris2000 FD2 Honda Civic Type-R 2:45.007 NA-SS Pentagon
2 1 Gareth Tan FD2 Honda Civic Type-R 2:47.810 NA-SS
3 8 Andy Chong FD2 Honda Civic Type-R 2:52.027 NA-SS Kazama
4 3 Lee Hong Chi FD2 Honda Civic Type-R 3:02.556 NA-SS
5 5 Mohamed Hizam Ishak DC5 Honda Integra Type-R 3:03.815 NA-SS Pentagon

Tom: base on the result sheet i have, result above is NA-R class, and some cars which clock faster than the top 20 road cars are missing. For example: car 25 in NA-SS
Hi Yee,

I would not read too much into the timings for the TTA event. To class the last OPEN session as a damp track is pushing it in my opinion. Does not matter whether it was NA-SS or NA-R because it would not make sense for the drivers to improve their timings from 3mins + to 240s in "damp" conditions other than a very much drier track condition. In fact, the timing are closer to dry times already. Although still a few seconds off depending on the mods of the cars from my own encounters with sunny hot trackdays, at least for the FD2 Type Rs.

Do hope that the organisers appreciate the feedback and work the event as per the briefing and make it a genuine time attack event where conditions are more or less equal/fair for participants. At the same time, its understandable its the first time such an event is being conducted by them and everyone is learning. Probably the second TTA Sepang event will be a more accurate gauge.

The Hall of Fame looks more like an F1 qualifying session result in the sense that some cars put in times that top the charts in wet weather and then as the track dried out, those who will still around benefitted from the drier track. And yet everyone is classified together under (damp) conditions, a misleading gauge of Sepang times.

Cheers :burnout:

Last edited:

morpheus

Known Member
Nov 4, 2008
are all this car driving in wet condition or all at dry condition pls ?

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
Tom,
U hv the turbo street right... I think u miss out the turbo semi-slick group... the top runner in that group was 2:35++ & the next 1 is ~2:40...

notoRious

go Fast or go Home!
Sep 20, 2005
Putrajaya
bro, i don't see any evo5 there.. the blu color one is TME 6.5 if i'm not mistaken right?

abe20

Known Member
Jun 21, 2006
it will be more glamor if pics of driver and pics of their rides inserted beside the result... :love:

KillerB

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Hi Yee,

I would not read too much into the timings for the TTA event. To class the last OPEN session as a damp track is pushing it in my opinion. Does not matter whether it was NA-SS or NA-R because it would not make sense for the drivers to improve their timings from 3mins + to 240s in "damp" conditions other than a very much drier track condition. In fact, the timing are closer to dry times already. Although still a few seconds off depending on the mods of the cars from my own encounters with sunny hot trackdays, at least for the FD2 Type Rs.

Do hope that the organisers appreciate the feedback and work the event as per the briefing and make it a genuine time attack event where conditions are more or less equal/fair for participants. At the same time, its understandable its the first time such an event is being conducted by them and everyone is learning. Probably the second TTA Sepang event will be a more accurate gauge.

The Hall of Fame looks more like an F1 qualifying session result in the sense that some cars put in times that top the charts in wet weather and then as the track dried out, those who will still around benefitted from the drier track. And yet everyone is classified together under (damp) conditions, a misleading gauge of Sepang times.

If the drivers are not there to participate in the last session, it's not the organiser's fault. So whether driver's benefitted from the drier track or not, is up to the driver's decision to run or not. The opportunity was given to run at the last session and it was up to all drivers/ car owners to decide whether to run or not. If those drivers posted good times in the wet, they should know that as the track dries up, the lap times will drop, and if they don't run, somebody slower than them in the wet will eventually be faster then them. As far as i understand it, TTA is from 1-4pm, and within that time, do your best time, in whatever conditions. IMO, it was an accurate gauge, and NOT a misleading one because the timing is correct period.

Other than that, yes, i think that some timing are missing, for example T-SS etc... :proud:

---------- Post added 05-18-2010 at 12:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was 05-17-2010 at 11:58 PM ----------

Hi Yee,

... it would not make sense for the drivers to improve their timings from 3mins + to 240s in "damp" conditions other than a very much drier track condition. In fact, the timing are closer to dry times already. Although still a few seconds off depending on the mods of the cars from my own encounters with sunny hot trackdays, at least for the FD2 Type Rs.
It would make every sense for the drivers to improve their timings from 3mins + to 240s in "damp" conditions. Bear in mind it's only a "drier" track and not a "dry" track. 3mins + is a very flooded track, and 240s is a damp track, can imagine that? The timings are just "closer" to dry times, but also not there yet. That few seconds off IS the difference between the damp and dry conditions, dude.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
oh... didn't hear about that. we packed up after our last wet run lol. never mind, be back at the next round with proper tyres :) cya!
hi Mist

Sorry to hear that you didn't manage to do another hot lap when it was drier.
Thanks for confirming your early participation for round 2!
I hope to see you smash the records in the next Round!

Hi Yee,

hi pdreams

Thanks for your interesting opinion on the Time To Attack.

Though we'd very much like to offer the fairest competition to all drivers, the drying track from the early rain quickly changes the terrain. There are some who benefited from the conditions and some, not so much. But ultimately it's still damp (and oily), not the dry track we're all hoping for.

Of course, there are plenty of speculations about lap times and track conditions, but in such an event with various cars and drivers, we're all relying on what we have and can only get. For example, track rental time, timing devices, manning personnel and of course, weather.

If there was a choice, the Hall of Fame will be divided in Wet and Damp. But there isn't an either or that Sunday. Then again, statistics are recorded based a lot on driver's efforts. So there's no way to determine if it was fair for one driver and not for the other in such rapidly changing conditions.

Regarding your statement about it looking like an F1 qualifying result, that's probably because it is like one. The difference is, all participants are given a chance to do better all throughout the 4hr period + generous 1hr extension given by Sepang for the initial delay.

The Time To Attack Hall of Fame my not be the most perfect or accurate gauge there is, but it is still a damn good list to browse through. All thanks to the fine achievements by all participants who contributed to the list.

To say that the list is misleading because everyone's classified together under Damp condition is unfair. The fact is, all throughout the event, it has never been completely dry. There wasn't a separate wet session, a damp session and a dry session for such classifications. Having said that, it is also a fact that the Time to Attack event ended with a Damp circuit.

There is also no stopping other participants from trying to attain their best lap times all throughout the event. Likewise, if a participant only managed to clock their times in the wet or less than damp conditions, then he/she might not make their desired lap times.

But in the end, no situation is perfect. I certainly hope no one takes it to heart how the Hall of Fame turned out. We want everyone to make it to the list, however, the list can only mean something if there were criterias.

There were also extensively prepared cars running on slicks who just couldn't make a good time even if they tried any harder. We feel your disappointment with the less than ideal track conditions. Please do join us in Round 2 to reclaim your fame!

We thank everyone for the feedbacks provided, We will continue to strive to improve everything from registrations, categories, track sessions, and the accuracy of the lap statistics.

Pdreams, we totally enjoyed your video of the wet lap, fantastic performance!

YouTube- ZTH TTA Sepang 9 May 2010 Round 1

It was an awesome event Tom. congrats for pullin it off even though it was raining heavily. Too bad though Kenneth S. couldn't make it that day. :vollkommenauf:
Hi wirahybrid, Thanks for the compliments, but it really was the effort of everyone that was involved. Especially the participants and spectators who've expressed their confidence in our first-ever event! Thanks for giving us the chance!

are all this car driving in wet condition or all at dry condition pls ?
Morpheus, the event ended with a drying circuit. So all participants were classified as driving in the Damp.

Tom,
U hv the turbo street right... I think u miss out the turbo semi-slick group... the top runner in that group was 2:35++ & the next 1 is ~2:40...
hi blue.taxi, thanks for the heads up. I will take a good look at it right now.

it will be more glamor if pics of driver and pics of their rides inserted beside the result... :love:
hi Abe, thanks for the suggestion, that is something we are planning to include :)

---------- Post added at 01:56 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

Tom,
Hi Blue.Taxi, as promised, JDM Turbo Semi-Slicks have been added to the Hall of Fame. Thanks again for the reminder.

bro, i don't see any evo5 there.. the blu color one is TME 6.5 if i'm not mistaken right?
Hi notorious, the Evo by Ahmad Zuhaili has been ammended to an Evo 6.5

pdreams

Nov 6, 2009
Singapore
JDM NA
Rank Car No. Name: Car Lap Time (Damp) Class Team
1 6 Chris2000 FD2 Honda Civic Type-R 2:45.007 NA-SS Pentagon
2 1 Gareth Tan FD2 Honda Civic Type-R 2:47.810 NA-SS
3 8 Andy Chong FD2 Honda Civic Type-R 2:52.027 NA-SS Kazama
4 3 Lee Hong Chi FD2 Honda Civic Type-R 3:02.556 NA-SS
5 5 Mohamed Hizam Ishak DC5 Honda Integra Type-R 3:03.815 NA-SS Pentagon

Tom: base on the result sheet i have, result above is NA-R class, and some cars which clock faster than the top 20 road cars are missing. For example: car 25 in NA-SS
If the drivers are not there to participate in the last session, it's not the organiser's fault. So whether driver's benefitted from the drier track or not, is up to the driver's decision to run or not. The opportunity was given to run at the last session and it was up to all drivers/ car owners to decide whether to run or not. If those drivers posted good times in the wet, they should know that as the track dries up, the lap times will drop, and if they don't run, somebody slower than them in the wet will eventually be faster then them. As far as i understand it, TTA is from 1-4pm, and within that time, do your best time, in whatever conditions. IMO, it was an accurate gauge, and NOT a misleading one because the timing is correct period.

Other than that, yes, i think that some timing are missing, for example T-SS etc... :proud:

---------- Post added 05-18-2010 at 12:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was 05-17-2010 at 11:58 PM ----------

It would make every sense for the drivers to improve their timings from 3mins + to 240s in "damp" conditions. Bear in mind it's only a "drier" track and not a "dry" track. 3mins + is a very flooded track, and 240s is a damp track, can imagine that? The timings are just "closer" to dry times, but also not there yet. That few seconds off IS the difference between the damp and dry conditions, dude.
Hi mate,

Less this becomes some sort of flame thread I thought I had to come in and clear up what I meant. For the record TTA was slated to run from 1-5pm actually and due to the delays the "open" session was concluded or probably started after 5pm. At least when I returned my transponder around the supposed "end" of event I was not the only one. Am not here to say whose fault is it to run or not to run. If you had read the other thread I started in the ZTH folder you would have realised there were quite a number of people who did not know there was an "open" session in the first place or had faulty transponders throughout. Heads-up to the organisers who were able to say it was a last minute addition given the rain delays. At the end of it all, every participant were just looking forward to a more efficient round 2.

With regards to damp and dry conditions, I quite believe you have misinterpreted my point. Of course it makes sense for timing to improve from wet to drier conditions. The reply from the organiser answers the point that I was trying to put across.

Cheers

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

hi Mist

Sorry to hear that you didn't manage to do another hot lap when it was drier.
Thanks for confirming your early participation for round 2!
I hope to see you smash the records in the next Round!

hi pdreams

Thanks for your interesting opinion on the Time To Attack.

Though we'd very much like to offer the fairest competition to all drivers, the drying track from the early rain quickly changes the terrain. There are some who benefited from the conditions and some, not so much. But ultimately it's still damp (and oily), not the dry track we're all hoping for.

Of course, there are plenty of speculations about lap times and track conditions, but in such an event with various cars and drivers, we're all relying on what we have and can only get. For example, track rental time, timing devices, manning personnel and of course, weather.

If there was a choice, the Hall of Fame will be divided in Wet and Damp. But there isn't an either or that Sunday. Then again, statistics are recorded based a lot on driver's efforts. So there's no way to determine if it was fair for one driver and not for the other in such rapidly changing conditions.

Regarding your statement about it looking like an F1 qualifying result, that's probably because it is like one. The difference is, all participants are given a chance to do better all throughout the 4hr period + generous 1hr extension given by Sepang for the initial delay.

The Time To Attack Hall of Fame my not be the most perfect or accurate gauge there is, but it is still a damn good list to browse through. All thanks to the fine achievements by all participants who contributed to the list.

To say that the list is misleading because everyone's classified together under Damp condition is unfair. The fact is, all throughout the event, it has never been completely dry. There wasn't a separate wet session, a damp session and a dry session for such classifications. Having said that, it is also a fact that the Time to Attack event ended with a Damp circuit.

There is also no stopping other participants from trying to attain their best lap times all throughout the event. Likewise, if a participant only managed to clock their times in the wet or less than damp conditions, then he/she might not make their desired lap times.

But in the end, no situation is perfect. I certainly hope no one takes it to heart how the Hall of Fame turned out. We want everyone to make it to the list, however, the list can only mean something if there were criterias.

There were also extensively prepared cars running on slicks who just couldn't make a good time even if they tried any harder. We feel your disappointment with the less than ideal track conditions. Please do join us in Round 2 to reclaim your fame!

We thank everyone for the feedbacks provided, We will continue to strive to improve everything from registrations, categories, track sessions, and the accuracy of the lap statistics.

Pdreams, we totally enjoyed your video of the wet lap, fantastic performance!

YouTube- ZTH TTA Sepang 9 May 2010 Round 1
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the lengthy response, you have every point put across well. I believe most of us look forward to Round 2. Its been mentioned countless times that its a great effort first time round. Quite believe this experience will lead to a better organised TA in the future.

Apologies if anyone saw malice in me stating that the times were misleading. I quite believe the charts have been updated abit in the sense that the times were set by cars that were driving in track conditions nearer to each other. I only meant misleading when I first saw my own name in NA-SS (a 3min NA-R time being clustered together with a 240-50s time). Didn't want anyone to come across thinking a 3min time is counted as a good time in "damp" conditions meant by the table. As you mentioned, it would be too much to further segregate the timing conditions. Personally, I was surprised and slightly embarrassed to be even be on the list at first. Am glad that that been balanced out. The table now looks more sensible.

Look forward to R2 of the TTA then. :burnout:

ess530i

May 27, 2008
great effort & well done to the organizers ;) though the event was not perfect, it could have been worse if the rain didn't stop or if there were incidents from attacking the track in wet. for round 2, suggest to have the 1st hour as open session for qualification & grouping before the official time attack...

twh

Jul 30, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Am sure that not everyone may have gone out during the last open session. However, imho. The last open session was at least 95% a dry track (racing line) Off the racing line is another story. The 5% slightly damp would have come from turn 3 and perhaps 7 and 8.

cheers

pandaB

Known Member
Feb 9, 2005
Awesome effort frm Tom n the rest of the crew to host the first of such lap record event, EVER in Malaysia. My friends n I as spectators had a lot of fun watching and shooting pictures of awesome supercars, euros, japs n some Malaysian cars (yeay satria!!!) in action. Surely we'll be coming back to support the up coming ones this year. For only RM10(parking) to see all these babies doing their stuff in our own back yard is an awesome deal~ :adore::adore::adore:

Congrats again ZTH ! Woo hoo~ :burnout:

AXXeLL

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Subang
Visit site
wow, interesting to see Subaru's are dominating above Evo's in JDM Road catagory...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear Friends

I am looking for brand new toyota 1995 supra engine.
Is there such a market for new engines of old model cars?

Does anyone manufacture these nowadays?

How about reconditioned engines that perform like new?

Sorry if my questions are naive.

I am not expert in this area.

regards
Richard Tan:driver:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience