need help..engine stops when decelerate

May 5, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
im using stock satria 4g13..

The car runs normaly when accelerating but when decelerate or braking at the traffic light the engine always die...a mech told me that i hav to service my throttle body..im not sure whethr my TB is the cause..just want to ask fr u guys opinion about it before i go to the work shop n spend my money fr somethin else thats not the cause of this prob..thnx

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
im using stock satria 4g13..

The car runs normaly when accelerating but when decelerate or braking at the traffic light the engine always die...a mech told me that i hav to service my throttle body..im not sure whethr my TB is the cause..just want to ask fr u guys opinion about it before i go to the work shop n spend my money fr somethin else thats not the cause of this prob..thnx
From my experience in my stupid Wira 1.3 last time.. this is a common problem and happen to me a lot too. Sometime when want to change gear at 80km/h, and the engine died (i curse kaw proton that time coz almost accident)

Before u go and service TB, go buy Carburetor Cleaner spray (which is around RM12~20 depend on brand) and clean it by yourself. Easy nia. Just take out the air filter, start engine at idle and pull the throttle cable to rev up to say 4000-5000rpm and spray away... do a few bursts of spraying.. like 3-4 times. Then test it. Chances are it will solve your problem. If you have old toothbrush, u can use it to cuci2 there a bit more also.

TB service is good also... do it if it cost ~RM60.. if higher than that, better find another workshop.
So blardy easy job wanna charge more than RM60 is basically a kapak service.

Cheers :biggrin:

amirmaiked

May 5, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
ok..my car uses fuel injection..so i guess theres no use of the carb cleaner rite..

Bout servicing the TB..so thankful i didnt go n did the srvice cuz the mech wanted to charge me RM180..walau..if its only cost me RM60 i guess i shud just go n service it..aiyoo soo noob la me..haha..thnx fr d advise

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
use 2 btl's of D'Carbo lo...rm40 a btl n i think u need 2...search in marketplace...

Niemans1116

Known Member
Jul 1, 2010
SinCity
When your engine died on you during decelerate or when you change gear, its a sign that your throttle body is dirty.

I'd a 2001 Wira in manual tranny, same case. I then got it clean every 25000km. Just get your mechanic to take out the TB, have it clean the butterfly valve thoroughly using petrol and install it back. Smooth drive afterwards. Costs RM40.

Another underlying reason I suspected could be the air filter that we're are using. Usually after warranty period we don't back to Proton service centre, we buy all the parts ourselves, and we tend to cut costs..an OEM costs RM10-11 where else a original more than double it. When I use the original during the initial stages, I don't experience TB problems.

sifuconman

Jul 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I have the same problem as you with my Wira. The mech also told me the throttle control gear got problem but need >RM 1000 to get a replacement.............

Niemans1116

Known Member
Jul 1, 2010
SinCity
I think you need a 2nd opinion, anyway your car still can be driven? Call my mech Kok Wai @ 0163809522. His workshop is:biggrin::biggrin: in PJ oldtown, right at the junction of Jln Kilang and facing Campbell soup factory.

The last time when I developed this problem he just took it out and clean it and put it back, no need to change..saves me the heartache.

I dunno the extend of your damage/failure, but get him to take a look at it. I'm bonafide and I don't make any recommendation (sap keok) fee here..lol

amirmaiked

May 5, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yesterday i bougt the crc clean-r-carb(heavy duty parts and throttle body cleaner) n tried it today..took out the air filter n rev d engine n gave a few burst of spray n kept d engine running idle for arnd 15mins..i can feel d engine runs smoother and and less vibrating on idle and the engine dont die anymore wen decelerates..i guess it rly does works n it only cost me RM26..

About d'carbo..any1 here hav tried it?mind sharing if it works or not..thanx

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Quick question... what can affect the length and sustainability of the threads for your tires??? I used to use Falken tires for my 14" rims and they always got worn out after 8+ mths. So, this time around I decided to change my tires to Goodyear Ducaro 4 tires, hoping this'll lessen my need to change new tires every 8 mths. I don't race, I don't squeal my tires often, but I do sometimes take corners a lil bit on the fast side. Do you tink it could be cos my Falken tires were "softer"...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience